TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young ship/appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young ship/appreciation thread

There is already a thread discussing the impact of the TJ/Young relationship here, http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...on-*Spoilers!*, but since that is a discussion thread and not a shipper thread, something mentioned in the opening post by Jper who started that thread, I thought that I would go ahead and start a ship/appreciation thread for them

I really like this pairing as they obviously still care about each other. I'm not completely sold on the pregnancy storyline since I think it would have been better suited to the Vanessa James character but I'm willing to give it a chance. Who knows maybe it will bring them back together. What do other people think of this pairing?
    Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

I am interested in this ship
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Yay, a ship thread *cheers*
      LJ Comm pimping TJ/Young Shippers

Comment

It doesnt seem like there are many people interested in this pairing which is a shame cause imo they have more chemistry and believability than some others. Maybe when we've reached the end of season one and been able to see how this whole pregnancy thing works out people might be more interasted in discussing/appreciating them. Either that or they'll hate them considering the reaction to past stargate pregnancies.

Comment

I love the two of them separately. As a couple, they could grow on me. Honestly, when I first read the breakdowns, I learnt Young was a married guy, and then it mentioned TJ being close to him or somesuch. I imagined a very close working friendship between the two, so the affair/couple-y thing sorta threw me through a little loop when I realised that was the direction things were going.

Like I said, this ship could really grow on me as time goes by. Like rein notes, there's a bit of care between the two, and I think Young's enough of a good guy to be there for her now thanks to the pregnancy. If said pregnancy turns bad, I'm curious as to wonder if they'll stick together afterwards as comfort. If pregnancy turns good and comes to term, I'm then curious if they'll still manage to stick it out. I'll personally root for them, but this show being a little downer-ish, it wouldn't surprise if bad tidings comes to these two - couple or not.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I don't think many people really picked up on the relationship as a relationship in the beginning, I think as it progresses and esp now since the pregnancy's been revealed, when they handle that, I think it'll perhaps attract more people.

Comment

I think things will pick up now just a feeling
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I've always seen them as being a probable couple from the first episode probably cause I'm a bit of a spoiler junkie which actually works in my favour cause for some reason I keep reading the transcripts rather than watch the episodes. It's a bad habit I got into.

But anyway due to my spoiler junkieness I kinda found out about the Young/TJ affair thing before I had even got round to watching/reading the first episode so I was biased from the beginning. But I can understand why other viewers would have seen their relationship as something that was over and done with what with Young trying to get back with his wife but in my mind his marriage wont work simply because there is too much distance between him and emily, both physical and emotional. TJ seems much better suited to him and its obvious they still care about one another very much.

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
                  I've always seen them as being a probable couple from the first episode probably cause I'm a bit of a spoiler junkie which actually works in my favour cause for some reason I keep reading the transcripts rather than watch the episodes. It's a bad habit I got into.

But anyway due to my spoiler junkieness I kinda found out about the Young/TJ affair thing before I had even got round to watching/reading the first episode so I was biased from the beginning. But I can understand why other viewers would have seen their relationship as something that was over and done with what with Young trying to get back with his wife but in my mind his marriage wont work simply because there is too much distance between him and emily, both physical and emotional. TJ seems much better suited to him and its obvious they still care about one another very much.
                  Yeah that was pretty much me too. Well I picked up the vibe from the pilot and had seen the promo of with their make out so then I tracked down all the spoilers re them.

Comment

Does anyone know which episode it is that TJ tells Young about her carrying his child? My sieve like brain has forgotten yet again

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
                      Does anyone know which episode it is that TJ tells Young about her carrying his child? My sieve like brain has forgotten yet again
                      Spoiler:
                      This week's. Lost.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I'm not usually a shipper, but when I saw Young and TJ together on screen...WOW! Can't wait 'til he finds out he is the "baby daddy" to TJ's child.

Comment

I'm can't wait this week lol, I'm so excited for Fringe's musical ep (which I'll get on Friday) and the 'baby daddy' scene for SGU (on Saturday, I live in Australia lol). Whenever I think of them I'm like seriously bouncing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kermee View Post
                            Can't wait 'til he finds out he is the "baby daddy" to TJ's child.
                            Given the tone of the show, and the almost-certanty that this is a deconstruction of Jack'n'Sam from SG-1, I doubt this will go over well
                            sigpic
                            http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Good point. I hadn't even thought to relate it back to the Sam/Jack relationship.
                              I'm very interested to see how the baby-reveal goes. I hope it's not public, it'd be the perfect chance to have a great scene between them.

Comment

Working...
                              X