Lt. Vanessa James/Julia Benson Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lt. Vanessa James/Julia Benson Appreciation Thread

Hard to believe there isn't such a thread yet. Anyway, here it is.

Played by the talented Julia Benson, Vanessa James was a 2nd Lieutenant stationed at Icarus Base. After Icarus was attacked, she and most of the base personnel escaped through the local Stargate onto the Ancient vessel Destiny. Vanessa is now one of several people trapped aboard the ship, which takes its passengers on a preset journey across the universe. Prior to being stranded on Destiny, Vanessa had a romantic relationship with Lt. Matthew Scott. As one of the few military officers on board Destiny, she is often called upon to lead away teams and maintain the order. She is also known for offering the Kinos excellent views.

Links:

http://www.juliabenson.net
    http://www.juliabensononline.com

Hopefully, Lt. James will be given more screen time as the show progresses. Maybe one or two episodes centered around her without getting the character killed?

Carry on.
    sigpic

She's one of my most fave secondary character in SG history. Right next to Lisa Park.

I really hope they keep this character around.
    sigpic

Comment

SGU: Darkness wallie

Spoiler:

Comment

Lots and lots of Lt. James from "Sabotage":

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

:-)
              sigpic

Comment

James is quickly becoming my favorite secondary character in Stargate. Closing it up with Zelenka, Lorne, Siler, Walter, and Riley. I just hope she gets better luck with men, so far ones dumped her for the first girl he sees while the other voluntarily exiled himself to another planet.
                sigpic
                Doci of the BAG

Comment

Riley will make us proud

It seems Lt. James will play an important role next Friday as SGU goes Solaris:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                    Riley will make us proud
                    Riley- Do I? Do I really?

That relationship would be interesting to say the least.
                    sigpic
                    Doci of the BAG

Comment

Is it just me or does James seem to have an unhealthy fixation on Colonel Young? Not in any romantic sense, but she seems to need his approval and an indication that he values her contribution instead of "being stuck with her".
                      sigpic
                      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                        Is it just me or does James seem to have an unhealthy fixation on Colonel Young? Not in any romantic sense, but she seems to need his approval and an indication that he values her contribution instead of "being stuck with her".
                        Young goes around treating Scott and Greer like surrogate sons and TJ... well you know. James probably would like Young to treat her like he would treat the others. I mean they've probably known each other all the same amount. She seems to see Young as a surrogate father even if he doesn't see her as a daughter. Not to mention the fact that Young does seem to have some issue with her. The talk he and TJ were having made me really think that Young would rather not have James with them.
                        sigpic
                        Doci of the BAG

Comment

Random thought, but does anyone else think that Julia Benson looks a lot like Eureka's Erica Cerra?

Spoiler:

"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." -G.K. Chesterton
                          "I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                            Riley- Do I? Do I really?

That relationship would be interesting to say the least.
                            Young/TJ aside, there are still regulations against this, aren't there?

Honestly, I love James as a charecter because she vascillates between tough as nails and vulnerable depending on whether or not anyone is watching.

One of the things that shocked me was the chemistry between David and Julia. I'm not saying Wallace/James need to hook up (although as I've said before, I could find this extremely funny and dramatically interesting) but every time they're both talking, it's usually pretty interesting. The actors play off of each other VERY well either being awkward or suggestive or amused.

I'm just saying, David Blue + Julia Benson = gold. I'm not going to defend Wallace/James shipping until I see a bit more of both charecters though.
                            Last edited by Azzers; 12 May 2010, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Couldn't appreciate her more if i tried.

Big fan of the character and the actress.

Not sure if i'm entirely objective though. If i had a type, it's her. To a tee.

Here's hoping they bump her up to regular status at some point. I want entire episodes devoted to Lt James.

Comment

Working...
                              X