Do the seeder ships Terraform too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the seeder ships Terraform too?

Whats everyone think? We know ancients terraformed planets in the milkyway. Maybe the seeder ships do that to uninhabited planets. So far all we know is the seeder ships go along eating naquada and pooping out stargates on habitable worlds. Maybe they fire big Dakara-esque blasts at empty worlds in the habitable zones?

Maybe.
    Maybe not.
    Perhaps.
    Then again, perhaps not.
    But it's possible.

Comment

Well it would probably piss off alien species who already inhabited those planets. Or non-carbon based life that had a seeder ship fly through their galaxy and leave abuncha planets they couldnt use.

Comment

I don't think they do, terraforming (according to all the other sci-fi) can't be done over night, and takes a lot of time and effort, plus the planets that we've seen so far hardly seem very terraformed, the desert planet was said to be barely habitable, the ice planet was totally uninhabitable, the planet with the ship was also bearly habitable, the time planet was full of dangerous aliens... the seeder ships just choose planets with resources that the destiny might need
        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

The dakara device could terraform overnight. It was built about the same era as destiny was, and whatever the original settings were worked fine for the milkyway. Plus its been along time since the seeder ships passed where destiny is now...

Comment

No.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
              The dakara device could terraform overnight. It was built about the same era as destiny was, and whatever the original settings were worked fine for the milkyway. Plus its been along time since the seeder ships passed where destiny is now...
              When did they say the Dakara device could terraform? I thought it just seeded life.

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                No.
                And you know this.......

....how?
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by Specter177 View Post
                  When did they say the Dakara device could terraform? I thought it just seeded life.
                  Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                    I don't think they do, terraforming (according to all the other sci-fi) can't be done over night, and takes a lot of time and effort, plus the planets that we've seen so far hardly seem very terraformed, the desert planet was said to be barely habitable, the ice planet was totally uninhabitable, the planet with the ship was also bearly habitable, the time planet was full of dangerous aliens... the seeder ships just choose planets with resources that the destiny might need
                    Yes. as the study:Technological Requirements for Terraforming Mars demonstrates, it is a long process, and the energy requirements are enormous, but still possible even with our current level of technology.

Comment

If they did, all the planets would have Canadian forests on them!

Comment

they could choose planets that support life alraedy or ones that can easily be terraformed

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                          No, the Dakara device cannot terraform planets. It can seed planets with life, or destruct "life", but as far as we know, no terraforming.

However, there has been some speculating regarding the upcoming episode Faith,
                          Spoiler:
                          where there's a line in a trailer: "So, they created this planet?" - "Genesis." Or so I have read, I haven't actually seen that particular trailer myself. So maybe, the planet with the obelisk they are going to visit in Faith, has actually been terraformed by the Ancients, by the means of one of their seeder ships... Anyways, more about that in the Faith pre-airing thread.
                          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            where there's a line in a trailer: "So, they created this planet?" - "Genesis." Or so I have read, I haven't actually seen that particular trailer myself. So maybe, the planet with the obelisk they are going to visit in Faith, has actually been terraformed by the Ancients, by the means of one of their seeder ships... Anyways, more about that in the Faith pre-airing thread.
                            Spoiler:
                            If that implies they didn't just terraform an existing planet, but created their own, wow, that would be a collosal undertaking from an engineering standpoint. Consider the mass alone they'd need to move to make that happen, the thought makes my head hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shrike View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              If that implies they didn't just terraform an existing planet, but created their own, wow, that would be a collosal undertaking from an engineering standpoint. Consider the mass alone they'd need to move to make that happen, the thought makes my head hurt.
                              Well it sounds awesome. But it's still a spoiler, and anything's up for questioning until it actually airs.
                              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X