Babylon 5 - The Complete First Time Watch (Spoilers) First watch/Rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babylon 5 - The Complete First Time Watch (Spoilers) First watch/Rewatch

You were invited to join me on my journey through the Delphic Expanse and beyond, now I invite you to join me on my first watch of Babylon 5 The Series and all connecting movies and spin offs - starting with Season 2 Episode 1 !
    Last edited by Rodney_Mckay; 28 April 2010, 07:03 AM.

And so it begins. Again. For someone else.

Um, okay. Do series not usually start at season one?

And so it kind of begins.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Somehow, I don't know how, I managed to watch Season One in the past. There has been a large gap, but I did a quick refresher

Comment

Season 2: The Coming of Shadows

"Points of Departure"
        "Changes are coming; Sinclair was the first, there will be others"

Well that all happened quite fast, I liked Sinclair, but I already prefer Sheridan - which is good news! Although I hope his story is returned to, I think he had a lot left to be shown. Story wise, it has only been one episode, I want Delenn to get out of that damn cucoon - argh

Since there has been quite a large.... large gap between watching B5 properly in the past, I'm still getting back into it. Hopefully I will bring myself to write detailed reviews once that happens!

Request: If anyone has a definitive watch order, please share!

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
          Season 2: The Coming of Shadows

"Points of Departure"
          "Changes are coming; Sinclair was the first, there will be others"

Well that all happened quite fast, I liked Sinclair, but I already prefer Sheridan - which is good news! Although I hope his story is returned to, I think he had a lot left to be shown. Story wise, it has only been one episode, I want Delenn to get out of that damn cucoon - argh

Since there has been quite a large.... large gap between watching B5 properly in the past, I'm still getting back into it. Hopefully I will bring myself to write detailed reviews once that happens!

Request: If anyone has a definitive watch order, please share!
          It would be a good idea to watch each single episode of Babylon 5 from here on in order. Starting with season 2, there are lots of episodes that are built upon as the foundation of season 3 and beyond. When I first started watching B5, Sheridan's sudden arrival on the station really caught me by surprise, particularly why he ended up on the station in the first place. That created momentum for the rest of the series. You'll love the story line, trust me. If you thought the Xindi storyline was really tightly written, this is going to be on an even grander scope.
          sigpic

Comment

What about the little movies and such? Just leave them all until last?

Comment

What about the little movies and such? Just leave them all until last?
              For the movies, I suggest you follow this episode order for season 4 and beyond:

<season 4>

406. Into the Fire
              407. Epiphanies
              408. The Illusion of Truth
              409. Atonement
              Movie: In the Beginning
              Movie: Thirdspace
              410. Racing Mars

<season 5>

519. The Wheel of Fire
              520. Objects in Motion
              521. Objects at Rest
              Movie: River of Souls
              Movie: Legend of the Rangers
              Movie: A Call to Arms
              Crusade series
              Babylon 5: The Lost Tales
              522. Sleeping in Light
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks! My mind is now at ease

Comment

Thanks! My mind is now at ease
                  You're very welcome. I hope you're enjoying season 2 so far. There are two large turning points for the B5 main story line coming up.
                  sigpic

Comment

Geometry of Shadows was a good watch. Love the omens of things to come. Thousands of Lando's victims? Oh dear... someone is going to be a silly centauri!

Comment

Geometry of Shadows was a good watch. Love the omens of things to come. Thousands of Lando's victims? Oh dear... someone is going to be a silly centauri!
                      Ah, this episode. There are so many things about it that I love, not the least of which are the Technomages. They are incredibly more complex than one would think.
                      sigpic

Comment

"Fourteen words to make someone fall in love with you forever". It'll blow your mind.

Starting with the next episode "A Distant Star", a more forceful and confident-sounding narration by Sheridan is used in the title sequence.
                        sigpic
                        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Season 2 - The Coming of Shadows
                          It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind… the year the Great War came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259. The name of the place is Babylon 5.

S01E04 - "A Distant Star"
                          "Well then, you can't have dessert"
                          "Now now, lets not be so hasty!"

Ah, another intriuging episode. A lost ship in hyperspace aside, I was more drawn in by the return of one of those creepy evil ships flying around (which ironically saved one of the pilots after killing another). Darn, I want to rush through it now, but at the same time, I'd rather take it all one slow step at a time Oh, and the "food plan" B-story was a welcome addition

Mckay Rating: 8/10

S01E05 - "The Long Dark"
                          "It looked like it had come straight from Hell!"

Hmm, Z'ha'dum again eh? No, Garibaldi, I don't think that is a coincidence at all. But unlike Ivanova, I'm not scared as hell about what's to come, I'm very excited! The episode was another nice watch, although Barclay... I mean Amis... got a bit annoying at times! As for the woman in the ship... I dunno, the speed of which she lost her husband and decided she liked the Doc was way too fast for my liking. Then she leaves... so.... pointless?

Mckay Rating: 7/10
                          Last edited by Rodney_Mckay; 20 April 2010, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Season 2 - The Coming of Shadows
                            It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind… the year the Great War came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259. The name of the place is Babylon 5.

S01E04 - "A Distant Star"
                            "Well then, you can't have dessert"
                            "Now now, lets not be so hasty!"

Ah, another intriuging episode. A lost ship in hyperspace aside, I was more drawn in by the return of one of those creepy evil ships flying around (which ironically saved one of the pilots after killing another). Darn, I want to rush through it now, but at the same time, I'd rather take it all one slow step at a time Oh, and the "food plan" B-story was a welcome addition

Mckay Rating: 8/10

S01E05 - "The Long Dark"
                            "It looked like it had come straight from Hell!"

Hmm, Z'ha'dum again eh? No, Garibaldi, I don't think that is a coincidence at all. But unlike Ivanova, I'm not scared as hell about what's to come, I'm very excited! The episode was another nice watch, although Barclay... I mean Amis... got a bit annoying at times! As for the woman in the ship... I dunno, the speed of which she lost her husband and decided she liked the Doc was way too fast for my liking. Then she leaves... so.... pointless?

Mckay Rating: 7/10
                            If you were intrigued by Garibaldi's bagna cauda dish (like a lot of people who saw "A Distant Star") then I think you should check out this recipe for it.

Ah, Z'ha'dum. It was as intriguing and as exciting to me when I first saw it back in 1994. Goodness, that was 16 years ago. Without spoiling anything about it, there are certain Minbari honorific titles and nouns that are...related to the name Z'ha'dum.
                            sigpic

Comment

I saw Babylon 5 many years ago. I`m going to rewatch all series and movies. Yesterday I saw The Gathering.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X