Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    one last thing:

it feels very weird that you assign japanese names to the most trivial of things, but give normal names to things like ships.
    I know, I was thinking about that. That needs work.

given their extensive use of fusion, fuel would actually be pretty hard to find in a massive void, so it would have to be the first ship designed for an actual, long journey.
    Erm, how big is the void? Knowing specifics would help the design process. For example, I may have to add a cryo unit to the life support system and make some other adjustments to the story, for example Houjin can do what some species frogs do to survive winter, their metabolism slows so much the heart stops beating and oxygen requirements are practically nothing, and Houjin can store more oxygen in their cells then a normal human.

Storm Runner is powered by naquadah fission, it has a backup fusion unit.

Anyway, yes i think it would prompt the creation of much of a local economy so they don't have to ship everything across massive distances
    Speed yes, and the base ships have portable mining modules and small factories in them.

Should I post exactly what a Houjin is capable of compared to a normal human? Or just save it and reveal it in the stories?

Edit-Storm Runner is also called Arashi sousha.
    Last edited by Gormagon; 25 April 2012, 11:02 AM.
    sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Erm, how big is the void? Knowing specifics would help the design process.
      depends. the stellar density of the galaxy quickly decreases as you go up, so i'm not sure. it would likely be in the order of 100's of lightyears.

Comment

Do you think that shipping nano material sheets and advanced medicines to less advanced cultures or planets without a good industry could be big business for the Houjin? Obviously not the best goods they have to offer, but still good.

Also, I am rewriting certain aspects of the Houjin page on the wiki with updated information.

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Do you think that shipping nano material sheets and advanced medicines to less advanced cultures or planets without a good industry could be big business for the Houjin? Obviously not the best goods they have to offer, but still good.
          no. there's nothing those cultures or planets have for the Houjin. their automation brings better workers, their technology brings more naquahdah, etc etc etc.

It works for the LA, because the LA need the naquahdah and manpower. it works for Earth, because it's denial of resources to the LA. it doesn't work for the Hebridans, same reason as the Houjin.

It works for the Jaffa, since half the underadvanced planets are Jaffa in nature. well, more likely 99% or so.

Comment

Hmm, good point. At least they have valuable materials available for trade though....if they find something to trade for.

I have been reading about the hidden empire on the wiki, it is quite an interesting concept. The Intelligent Subconscious Netocracy reminds me of that giant computer station from the Pandoras star book series. Or the crystal from the animated Atlantas. And something else to, but I forget.

How come no one adds anything to the wiki but me?

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
              Edit-Storm Runner is also called Arashi sousha.

The whole name, Storm Runner, is a bit odd now, though, isn't it?
              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

How come no one adds anything to the wiki but me?
                '

i find myself having to drag my hands to the keyboard in order to write down my story. It's in a difficult phase, one i've mentally gone over a couple of dozen times. It's something i can't stop, the mental playing of the episode, but it makes writing it down harder with every pass.

It drains enough out of me, to not want to write anything on the Wiki. Oh, and MMD was working on the layout etc and left in the middle of it all.

That, and not THAT much is "canon" yet. You can use the other thread with stories, read them and put what's officially in, onto the wiki if you want. right now, i'm out of energy.

The whole name, Storm Runner, is a bit odd now, though, isn't it?
                Well, since Hyperspace is kind of like a constant storm, it does fit. Just.. not that much anymore.

Comment

'

i find myself having to drag my hands to the keyboard in order to write down my story. It's in a difficult phase, one i've mentally gone over a couple of dozen times. It's something i can't stop, the mental playing of the episode, but it makes writing it down harder with every pass.
                  I could chain you to your PC desk with an intravenous caffeine drip and a machine that gives you an electric jolt every time you stop typing for 10 seconds or more. Would that accelerate matters?

It drains enough out of me, to not want to write anything on the Wiki. Oh, and MMD was working on the layout etc and left in the middle of it all.
                  You want some cheese with that wine? (Joke.) I understand.

'
                  That, and not THAT much is "canon" yet. You can use the other thread with stories, read them and put what's officially in, onto the wiki if you want. right now, i'm out of energy.
                  What thread is that?

'
                  Well, since Hyperspace is kind of like a constant storm, it does fit. Just.. not that much anymore.
                  Meh....

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...-Virtual-Fleet

Comment

Ty
                      Last edited by Gormagon; 29 April 2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Chapter three part one. Here is some more of my story. I do not feel like going through and adjusting the or the. But I will on the wiki when I put it there.

Spoiler:
                        “Deploy the Vokami and the Makasui to assist the Kokoto, it is under heavy fire. Divert power from fusion cells…7 through 15 to reinforce plasma lance arrays. Tighten the beam coherency and direct the targeting computers to lock onto the highest concentrated energy emissions those should be the main power cores of the Raptor vessels. Shoot down those retreating bakas. And tighten up sector 4! There is a hole in our point defense fire.” order after order came from Kokiara and her officers responded with clockwork precision to make sure each one was carried out.

“Casualty reports coming in.” she herd someone say.

“The Lakoio is dead in the water and requesting assistance.” someone else said.

“Mistress, the pair of destroyers you dispatched to aid Storm Runner managed to get a garbled report through the interference, they say that one Raptor was destroyed, two fell back and one disappeared along with the Storm Runner. There was more detail but the transmission is distorted.” A com officer reported.

That would explain why the Kaizoku were falling back. The mission had been accomplished. The Kaizoku must have towed Storm Runner away. Kokiara closed her eyes. Outpost 8 had been severely dishonored this day. She took a deep breath and her eyes shot open, they could reclaim their honor by rescuing Gindoaw, retrieving Storm Runner, and killing as many thieving Kaizoku as they could find.

“Open a channel to Arata Seken. Inform them of what has transpired. Begin rescue operations for our own men and vessels, and dispatch ships to bring in any surviving Kaizoku they can find. We need information.” Kokiara ordered.
                        Gindoaw was quite worried about his survival. He had activated his vessels drive at the same time that the enemy ship had activated its towing field, and now they were hurtling through the chaotic energy tides of underspace together. The mass and other “contaminations” caused by the other vessel was seriously disrupting Storm Runners highly tuned f.t.l field making for a very unstable ride. Gindoaw had already bit through his lower lip on accident.

He had already tried to “dislodge” the other vessel from his own without much success, he had tried a kiron pulse from his reactor but it had had the opposite effect. He had tried exciting underspace but somehow the other vessels towing field would not let his f.t.l. field be destabilized, so he could not excite underspace. Now he was trying to cut power to Storm Runners drive but the safeties and securities he had designed were stopping him. If he cut power flowing into the active drive then it could create a feedback pulse of energy into other systems or the reactor, causing an overload surge. So, he had to shut down the naquadah reactor. Stop power from being produced. He was finishing the final shutdown procedure now.

His finger paused over the button…..but what then? It would take time to restart the reaction and power up the drive. He had activated Storm Runners drive in the heat of battle, with no time to reset the travel coordinates. He was hurtling through the void towards his mission target. No help around. Outpost 8 had been surrounded by warships according to his sensor data logs when he left. Would they be gone if he managed to evade the ship attached to him if he dropped out into the void to reset his trajectory? He had no idea. Besides, how would he evade the ship in the void long enough to power up again with nothing but space particles and radiation around? He could not fight the ship. Gindoaw saw only one logical course of action. Finish his mission. Cross the void. There was a star system on the other end of this journey according to his science team’s lab calculations. Perhaps he could hide in an asteroid belt or some such stellar phenomenon until his ship powered back up. It would take a few days to finish the journey.

Gindoaw entered a meditative state in which he would finish the trip.

Comment

i'll be gone for the weekend

Comment

Abandoning us to the cold lonely Gateworld forum are we? Have fun with whatever you are doing.

How do you put a picture into a template?
                            Last edited by Gormagon; 27 April 2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Alright. Here is that list of some enhanced Houjin capabilities. All of these are genetic modifications or technological in origin.(Like nanites changing bone structure.)

Before any criticism is given you should really watch Stan Lees super humans.

Increased aptitude for muscular growth.
                              Increased ability to activate muscle fibers.

(Check out Dennis Rogers online if you do think these feats are possible. Actually, I recommend doing that anyway. Its seriously cool the stuff he does.)
                              Could bend a 2 inch thick steel bar into a knot.
                              Could kick a steel office door down.
                              Could punch a p-90 or other such Tau 'ri gun into a U shape.
                              Increased hand eye coordination.
                              Increased reaction speed.
                              Faster then a Rattlesnake. Could catch a gnat with chopsticks.
                              Stronger, not really thicker or heavier, bones.
                              Stronger tendons.

I had a really cool idea for a special Houjin operative who had his bones replaced with nano material by nanites. Yes, I kept the marrow centers and the bone holes so the blood cells can get out. Just what ever was actual bone was replaced.

Can safely conduct enough electricity to kill any normal human.

Can center their gravity and focus their grip to be able to climb like monkeys can.

Can handle heat much better then a normal human.

Can run for literally hundreds of miles because of a greatly increased ability to filter lactate acid.

More efficient, greater storage capacity in the lungs and muscles for oxygen. They can collapse their lungs and run off of stored oxygen to handle pressure and depth much better then a normal human.

Natural anti freeze, they can survive being frozen. They can go into a state similar to what frogs and other animals do to survive winter or cold climates, a Houjin can enter a metabolic stasis. Their heart literally stops beating, but they are not dead.

All senses are enhanced, smell, sight, touch, hearing.

They eradicated cancer around 600 years ago.

They live for around 170-200 years.

So there is some stuff for now.
                              Last edited by Gormagon; 29 April 2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Hey, what do you guys think of this....

Anubis had more then one secret facility like the one at Tartarus, including facilities which were building more of his super mother ships and/or other advanced devices and ships.

Example, a mostly complete super mothership sitting abandoned in its docking birth because Replicators killed all the Jaffa but were then destroyed themselves.

Basically, Anubis's handy work is not gone yet.

Could make a good basis for a series of fleets stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X