Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exclusive Interview with Joe Mallozzi (Interview has spoilers, thread too)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exclusive Interview with Joe Mallozzi (Interview has spoilers, thread too)

Executive Producer Joe Mallozzi answered a few of our questions. He spoke about changes in the second season of Atlantis, crossovers and new writers, who will join the writing team for the upcoming season(s).

Again, this wonderful interview is also available in English!

http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate...on=show&ID=270

Enjoy
    Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

From the interview
    SG-P: MGM reported that Claudia Black will appear a few times in season 9 as "Vala". Are the producers / writers going to come up with some kind of reference to Farscape (concerning Ben and Claudia)? Are we going to hear things like "Do we know each other?"?

JM: Of course there’ll be the temptation to make a gag, but it’s not a connection we’re looking to play up. So far as we’re concerned, they’re two very different characters from the John and Aeryn they played in Farscape.
    Reist the temptation! Temptation is evil! Resist! And, yes, having BB and CB (especially with CB having such a limited time run) should not automatically turn the show into Farscape.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Thanks Thor

Good to see that they will be getting new writing blood next season.

Comment

This quote suprised me:

"An Asgard team would be too expensive. But an Asgard as a possible team member or recurring character? Well, check out Atlantis season 2."

An Asgard on Atlantis? Hmm.

And there was this quote about Atlantis as well:
        "Suffice it to say that season 2 will be very different."

I'm actually a bit worried about where they will be taking Atlantis next season. I'm assuming they will have a permanent link back to Earth. I don't want them to introduce too many SG-1 elements into the show because then it turns from Stargate Atlantis into Stargate SG-1 version 2.0.

Comment

I'm determined to think positively about Atlantis. It's gonna be good, it's gonna be good, it had better be good... *grits teeth*

Comment

A very good interview with Joe. As for the direction of both show, I'll have to wait and see when minor spoilers come out and the new seasons.

Comment

This is what I find VERY enteresting....

"There will be a new dynamic on the Atlantis base – as well as Sheppard’s team."

And later he says this....
              "JM: An Asgard team would be too expensive. But an Asgard as a possible team member or recurring character? Well, check out Atlantis season 2."

Ford dies! Asgard takes his place!
              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by Avreana
                I'm assuming they will have a permanent link back to Earth.
                From what I have read, they will have the ability to gate between Milky Way and Pegasus whenever they wish. But, doing so will be difficult. I'm not sure how it will be difficult, possibly an almost depleted ZPM or something, but I really would like there to be frequent contact between Atlantis and Earth. I don't like the whole "cut off" scenario.
                Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                  This is what I find VERY enteresting....

"There will be a new dynamic on the Atlantis base – as well as Sheppard’s team."

And later he says this....
                  "JM: An Asgard team would be too expensive. But an Asgard as a possible team member or recurring character? Well, check out Atlantis season 2."

Ford dies! Asgard takes his place!
                  Eek! Well, FilmJerk.com said that there was a new character (though didn't give too much info) called Ronan, er, something (it's in another thread I posted somewhere on the news page).

Personally I hope that any gating between Pegasus adn Earth is very dificult and very rare as it will take away from part of the fun of the show - that these people are out there on their own. Plus I really don't want to see SG1 people just popping up as guest stars.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    Personally I hope that any gating between Pegasus adn Earth is very dificult and very rare as it will take away from part of the fun of the show - that these people are out there on their own. Plus I really don't want to see SG1 people just popping up as guest stars.
                    I think the way I see them doing it (just a guess) is that Earth has spaceships with asguard engines on them that can reach pegasus in about a week or so....so that way, they can have cross overs every once in awhile, but it's not something that's happening all the time.
                    ZPM's are so hard to find that they would only use them to open the gate (when found) in extreme circumstances (Season Finales/Premiers )

Comment

They better not be stuck, but I agree that they should use ships and not the Stargate to get between the two. I'm also hoping that the Wraith attack Earth in the upcoming seasons and that Atlantis (The whole damn thing!) has to fly back to Earth and save them.

I know they are adding a "new" charater, like a recurring one, but he hinted at an Asgard at Alantis or something. Of course everything they say before seasons start have never been true.
                      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I'm sure Joe's engaging in a bit of misdirection, but if the Asgard ever do show up in Atlantis, it'd be interesting if they were the "original" Asgard, the big tall ones...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          I'm sure Joe's engaging in a bit of misdirection, but if the Asgard ever do show up in Atlantis, it'd be interesting if they were the "original" Asgard, the big tall ones...
                          They should use the "original" Asgard. Especially after introducing one in S5, Revelations.

Comment

the one thing that i find as kind of worrying is that there's absolutely no mention of amanda at all.

there was the obligatory question about RDA's involvement, and a statement that there are going to be more/new storylines for daniel and teal'c...but nothing about amanda/sam

I really hope it's just an oversight or something because the prospect of a totally sam-less season.....not even browder could fill those shoes for me
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              I really hope it's just an oversight or something because the prospect of a totally sam-less season.....not even browder could fill those shoes for me
                              Might be funny to see him try.

But I'm guessing it's an oversight.

Comment

Working...
                              X