• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good episode! I really enjoyed it!
    sigpic

Comment

What a great ep!

OK fangirl bit out of the way first........wet guys in the first scene... loved their hair like that....especially Sam's

I loved the addition of the gods but I don't think Kripke chose those particular gods for any other reason than that they fitted into the story...plus they appealed to his wicked sense of humour.
      Kali. the destroyer - it's interesting that she left with the boys.....I wonder if she'll be working them now
      Baldur - love. Because Lucifer killed him..a good reason for Kali to join forces with the boys.
      Zao Chen the kitchen god...he sure did love preparing the food.
      Ganesh - success.
      Odin - war
      Samedi - voodoo
      Mercury - the messenger. It seemed only fitting that he should be the one to call Lucifer...and then get his just desserts..

Loved the creepy hotel and Dean's line in the kitchen about the soup...and their expressions when they see the eyeballs. You wouldn't think they could be freaked or disgusted by anything any more would you?

I always love Lucifer's scenes because Mark is so wonderful but in this he was awesome... powerful and angry as he took on all the gods and then when he killed Gabriel, he looked genuinely upset.

Loved the shot of Gabriel and his wings as he lay dead on the floor but it was heartbreaking to see him die especially as he chose to side with Sam and Dean and humanity in the end.

Ah yes... the elephant in the room.....

The final scenes with Pestilence were gross....snot whump is so not nice.

Great licence plate he has though.. SIKN TRD (Sick and Tired)
      Last edited by LizzieAnne; 26 April 2010, 10:56 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

I'll tell you this, Pestilence and Death should be very concerned about the Winchesters. They are on a mission now.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          I'll tell you this, Pestilence and Death should be very concerned about the Winchesters. They are on a mission now.
          I agree...When Sam & Dean set out on a mission...there's some serious ass kickin' goin' on!
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I never got around to posting my views on this one. Little late now as you guys discussed all the points I was going to bring up.

I loved the episode, the only difference between me and most of you seems to be that I was NOT looking forward to this episode suddenly bringing in other world religions. I'm pretty cynical by nature (and forgive me, I know it's unpopular, but I am also a right-wing conservative ), so when I heard they were going to bring in all these other gods, no offence, but my reaction was honestly, "How PC. And how original...modern Western world; bad! Rest of the world; so open and enlightened. " But mostly, the timing of it bothered me. NOW? When we are this close to the end you are going to bring in a whole slew of other religious beliefs?! I don't care which religion you base your story arc on, but you've been going in this direction for years now. Can we finish up this apocalypse first?

But as usual, my fears were unfounded. Kripke and Co. did a great job using these other deities to advance the storyline without undercutting the Judeo-Christian apocalypse they've been setting up for the past couple years.

Couple other brief notes. I could not love Mark Pelligrino any better as Lucifer. My friend follows Lost as closely as I do and has only seen his work there, but the next time she visits, I HAVE to show her (the least gory parts of) his scenes in this episode. It is simply astounding how he can play the equivalent of God in one show and, just as convincingly, the Devil in another....during the same year!

Gabriel. I hate it when they have a grand entrance for a character, but ruin it by putting the actor's name in the credits. Takes the fun out of it. But even knowing who Richard Speight, Jr. is, and even though I read spoilers on this episode....somehow I TOTALLY missed that he was going to be in this! I re-watched and...there it is, first guest star listed....and somehow I totally zoned out and missed it. That was such a cool surprise for me!

Comment

I like many others saw Gabriels death coming but i thought it was a great scene. I like the bird eye's view at the end, almost as if a higher being was watching over them. I'm kind of curious, who else thinks that God might now intervene because of what his children have done to each other. We had indication when Lilith was supposed to die but none for Gabriel which makes me think he wasn't supposed to die.
              http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X