This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM / Syfy Official SG-1 Site Updates

Please use this thread to post updates you find on the official Stargate SG-1 Web sites from MGM and Syfy Channel!

You can check out those sites at:

http://stargate.mgm.com/

http://www.syfy.com/stargate/

Thanks!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

For the past week or so I have been unable to access the episodes on the official MGM site. So, this is I guess a news post as well as a question.
    A) Keep in mind that you can no longer access full episode content on the MGM site and
    B) Does anyone know why? What has changed?

Comment

Originally posted by kirk.tompkinson View Post
      For the past week or so I have been unable to access the episodes on the official MGM site. So, this is I guess a news post as well as a question.
      A) Keep in mind that you can no longer access full episode content on the MGM site and
      B) Does anyone know why? What has changed?
      The MGM site only has episodes that Hulu.com makes available. I believe Hulu took SG-1 episodes off of their website as of Jan 31, 2011. SGA was taken off a couple weeks before that. That is why you can no longer access them online.

Comment

Thanks. Any idea how Hulu decides these things and whether or not there is a place to post questions/complaints to Hulu?

Comment

Originally posted by kirk.tompkinson View Post
          Thanks. Any idea how Hulu decides these things and whether or not there is a place to post questions/complaints to Hulu?
          Its MGM not Hulu that decides.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Syfy is moving SG1 to 1am beginning March 1.
            Blog Twitter

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/officialsta...51336644923673

Text in the update:
              "Wow what a day! Tonight the Stargate Convention in Vancouver, is buzzing with excitement about an earlier announcement made by independent producer, Darren Thomas. Fans were treated to previously unreleased news about MGM's collaboration on a new SG-1 App designed for smart phones and tablets. The scoop from Thomas is that MGM is reviving SG-1 albeit in a new format- music to the ears of many fans around the world. Thomas didn't want to divulge more, but he did say that "plans are underway and I wish I could tell you more. The good news is that we will be unveiling something big at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego". But in the meantime stay tuned for more information right here on the SG-1 official MGM page."

Hmm, I wonder what that's about...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                https://www.facebook.com/officialsta...51336644923673

Text in the update:
                "Wow what a day! Tonight the Stargate Convention in Vancouver, is buzzing with excitement about an earlier announcement made by independent producer, Darren Thomas. Fans were treated to previously unreleased news about MGM's collaboration on a new SG-1 App designed for smart phones and tablets. The scoop from Thomas is that MGM is reviving SG-1 albeit in a new format- music to the ears of many fans around the world. Thomas didn't want to divulge more, but he did say that "plans are underway and I wish I could tell you more. The good news is that we will be unveiling something big at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego". But in the meantime stay tuned for more information right here on the SG-1 official MGM page."

Hmm, I wonder what that's about...
                That sounds so exciting!
                sigpic
                Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Does anyone have information on the app? I have it but I can only play Stargate golf. It's going to be a few days to even next week until my iPad arrives (I may have purchased an iPad 3 just to see the other features I can't see on my iPod Touch 3 - what of it?) and I really want to know what else is on this app.

I realise not a lot of people like it especially seeing how this is all we get after all those games were made and cancelled. I'll take what I can get. The graphics ain't too bad too.

Sorry, if there's a thread already on this. My highly unfocused brain tried to look for it.

Usually to see what an app is like before I buy I watch a video but the AppStore doesn't put them up. Only Google Play (which doesn't have the app) and Youtube put them up.

I just want a basic run down of those features I can't access yet. Meanwhile I think I'll try to bring my score up to 20000 on Stargate golf.
                  My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Zed_PM View Post
                    Does anyone have information on the app? I have it but I can only play Stargate golf. It's going to be a few days to even next week until my iPad arrives (I may have purchased an iPad 3 just to see the other features I can't see on my iPod Touch 3 - what of it?) and I really want to know what else is on this app.

I realise not a lot of people like it especially seeing how this is all we get after all those games were made and cancelled. I'll take what I can get. The graphics ain't too bad too.

Sorry, if there's a thread already on this. My highly unfocused brain tried to look for it.

Usually to see what an app is like before I buy I watch a video but the AppStore doesn't put them up. Only Google Play (which doesn't have the app) and Youtube put them up.

I just want a basic run down of those features I can't access yet. Meanwhile I think I'll try to bring my score up to 20000 on Stargate golf.
                    there is a bunch of info on there about the staff weapon, the mirror and few other bits and pieces. if you've seen the entire series it is all old (very old in some cases) info all with (convenient) links to itunes to purchase key episodes related to the particular piece you happen to be studying. there is also another room you pay $1 to get in and daniel jackson is there explaining the purpose of it, the paintings inside the room and a book of concept art (which is actually kinda cool). there is a tease for the future of SG-1 but i took it as that, a tease.
                    it actually comes across as the beginnings of a app that after a few updates could provide more content as only a small section of the base is accessible and you can't go through the gate. hopefully updates are on the way to explore more of the SG-1 mythos. for a free app i think its not bad.

those who don't fall, never stand up

Comment

Originally posted by cyrusDCmonster View Post
                      there is a bunch of info on there about the staff weapon, the mirror and few other bits and pieces. if you've seen the entire series it is all old (very old in some cases) info all with (convenient) links to itunes to purchase key episodes related to the particular piece you happen to be studying. there is also another room you pay $1 to get in and daniel jackson is there explaining the purpose of it, the paintings inside the room and a book of concept art (which is actually kinda cool). there is a tease for the future of SG-1 but i took it as that, a tease.
                      it actually comes across as the beginnings of a app that after a few updates could provide more content as only a small section of the base is accessible and you can't go through the gate. hopefully updates are on the way to explore more of the SG-1 mythos. for a free app i think its not bad.
                      I have it now on iPad. It doesn't look bad. I upgraded to get into the gallery. It's pretty cool except I mistook Dr. Daniel Jackson for Major Lorne.
                      I hope some of the future mini games are more action packed. The base suddenly comes under attack and you have to defend yourself from enemy Goa'uld. Something like that.
                      My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                        Originally posted by gotthammer
                        Text in the update:
                        "The good news is that we will be unveiling something big at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego"
                        That sounds so exciting!
                        What big good news was unveiled at this year's Comic Con?
                        Are you in the Kansas City area? Do you know any SG fans in the area?
                        Email me and join the local group of Stargate enthusiasts! (Email address in my profile.)
                        What if... events occurred differently in Stargate? | Which version Stargate fan are you?
                        An all new crew: Who would you want MGM to hire for a new Stargate show or movie(s)?
                        When have you met SG cast or crew (excluding conventions)?
                        Stargate Enthusiasts in the Kansas City Area | Being Introduced to Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. D. View Post
                          What big good news was unveiled at this year's Comic Con?
                          wasn't it just the ios "game"
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X