Thread: MGM / Syfy Official SG-1 Site Updates

Exclamation MGM / Syfy Official SG-1 Site Updates

Please use this thread to post updates you find on the official Stargate SG-1 Web sites from MGM and Syfy Channel!

You can check out those sites at:

http://stargate.mgm.com/

http://www.syfy.com/stargate/

Thanks!

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Probie

Default Re: MGM / Syfy Official SG-1 Site Updates

For the past week or so I have been unable to access the episodes on the official MGM site. So, this is I guess a news post as well as a question.
    A) Keep in mind that you can no longer access full episode content on the MGM site and
    B) Does anyone know why? What has changed?

Quote Originally Posted by kirk.tompkinson View Post
    For the past week or so I have been unable to access the episodes on the official MGM site. So, this is I guess a news post as well as a question.
    A) Keep in mind that you can no longer access full episode content on the MGM site and
    B) Does anyone know why? What has changed?
    The MGM site only has episodes that Hulu.com makes available. I believe Hulu took SG-1 episodes off of their website as of Jan 31, 2011. SGA was taken off a couple weeks before that. That is why you can no longer access them online.

Probie

Thanks. Any idea how Hulu decides these things and whether or not there is a place to post questions/complaints to Hulu?

Quote Originally Posted by kirk.tompkinson View Post
    Thanks. Any idea how Hulu decides these things and whether or not there is a place to post questions/complaints to Hulu?
    Its MGM not Hulu that decides.

Syfy is moving SG1 to 1am beginning March 1.

https://www.facebook.com/officialsta...51336644923673

Text in the update:
    "Wow what a day! Tonight the Stargate Convention in Vancouver, is buzzing with excitement about an earlier announcement made by independent producer, Darren Thomas. Fans were treated to previously unreleased news about MGM's collaboration on a new SG-1 App designed for smart phones and tablets. The scoop from Thomas is that MGM is reviving SG-1 albeit in a new format- music to the ears of many fans around the world. Thomas didn't want to divulge more, but he did say that "plans are underway and I wish I could tell you more. The good news is that we will be unveiling something big at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego". But in the meantime stay tuned for more information right here on the SG-1 official MGM page."

Hmm, I wonder what that's about...
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43546&dateline=1312852922

Quote Originally Posted by gotthammer View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/officialsta...51336644923673

Text in the update:
    "Wow what a day! Tonight the Stargate Convention in Vancouver, is buzzing with excitement about an earlier announcement made by independent producer, Darren Thomas. Fans were treated to previously unreleased news about MGM's collaboration on a new SG-1 App designed for smart phones and tablets. The scoop from Thomas is that MGM is reviving SG-1 albeit in a new format- music to the ears of many fans around the world. Thomas didn't want to divulge more, but he did say that "plans are underway and I wish I could tell you more. The good news is that we will be unveiling something big at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego". But in the meantime stay tuned for more information right here on the SG-1 official MGM page."

Hmm, I wonder what that's about...
    That sounds so exciting!
    <a href=http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh563/meredithe5/My%20Artwork/heroes_zps011dff4f.jpg target=_blank>http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/...ps011dff4f.jpg</a>
    Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Does anyone have information on the app? I have it but I can only play Stargate golf. It's going to be a few days to even next week until my iPad arrives (I may have purchased an iPad 3 just to see the other features I can't see on my iPod Touch 3 - what of it?) and I really want to know what else is on this app.

I realise not a lot of people like it especially seeing how this is all we get after all those games were made and cancelled. I'll take what I can get. The graphics ain't too bad too.

Sorry, if there's a thread already on this. My highly unfocused brain tried to look for it.

Usually to see what an app is like before I buy I watch a video but the AppStore doesn't put them up. Only Google Play (which doesn't have the app) and Youtube put them up.

I just want a basic run down of those features I can't access yet. Meanwhile I think I'll try to bring my score up to 20000 on Stargate golf.
    My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Chief Master Sergeant cyrusDCmonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zed_PM View Post
    Does anyone have information on the app? I have it but I can only play Stargate golf. It's going to be a few days to even next week until my iPad arrives (I may have purchased an iPad 3 just to see the other features I can't see on my iPod Touch 3 - what of it?) and I really want to know what else is on this app.

I realise not a lot of people like it especially seeing how this is all we get after all those games were made and cancelled. I'll take what I can get. The graphics ain't too bad too.

Sorry, if there's a thread already on this. My highly unfocused brain tried to look for it.

Usually to see what an app is like before I buy I watch a video but the AppStore doesn't put them up. Only Google Play (which doesn't have the app) and Youtube put them up.

I just want a basic run down of those features I can't access yet. Meanwhile I think I'll try to bring my score up to 20000 on Stargate golf.
    there is a bunch of info on there about the staff weapon, the mirror and few other bits and pieces. if you've seen the entire series it is all old (very old in some cases) info all with (convenient) links to itunes to purchase key episodes related to the particular piece you happen to be studying. there is also another room you pay $1 to get in and daniel jackson is there explaining the purpose of it, the paintings inside the room and a book of concept art (which is actually kinda cool). there is a tease for the future of SG-1 but i took it as that, a tease.
    it actually comes across as the beginnings of a app that after a few updates could provide more content as only a small section of the base is accessible and you can't go through the gate. hopefully updates are on the way to explore more of the SG-1 mythos. for a free app i think its not bad.

those who don't fall, never stand up

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusDCmonster View Post
    there is a bunch of info on there about the staff weapon, the mirror and few other bits and pieces. if you've seen the entire series it is all old (very old in some cases) info all with (convenient) links to itunes to purchase key episodes related to the particular piece you happen to be studying. there is also another room you pay $1 to get in and daniel jackson is there explaining the purpose of it, the paintings inside the room and a book of concept art (which is actually kinda cool). there is a tease for the future of SG-1 but i took it as that, a tease.
    it actually comes across as the beginnings of a app that after a few updates could provide more content as only a small section of the base is accessible and you can't go through the gate. hopefully updates are on the way to explore more of the SG-1 mythos. for a free app i think its not bad.
    I have it now on iPad. It doesn't look bad. I upgraded to get into the gallery. It's pretty cool except I mistook Dr. Daniel Jackson for Major Lorne.
    I hope some of the future mini games are more action packed. The base suddenly comes under attack and you have to defend yourself from enemy Goa'uld. Something like that.
    My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Samfan13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gotthammer
    Text in the update:
    "The good news is that we will be unveiling something big at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego"
    That sounds so exciting!
    What big good news was unveiled at this year's Comic Con?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. D. View Post
    What big good news was unveiled at this year's Comic Con?
    wasn't it just the ios "game"