This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saved by Zeroes - New Syfy Show - News/Discussion/Speculation

Michael Rosenbaum’s New Project Revealed!

Michael Rosenbaum’s new TV project has been revealed. Rosenbaum will be starring with Jonathan Silverman (The Single Guy, but we’ll always know him as Julie’s husband on Gimme A Break!) as two friends who are former actors from a science fiction show with a cult following. They hit rock bottom and have to work together to get back on track.

The half-hour show, in development for the Syfy Channel, is called Saved by Zeroes. Rosenbaum is also a producer for the project.

“Through drugs and drinking, (the characters played by Rosenbaum and Silverman) didn’t save money and, years later, the only thing they have left are the conventions, all they’ve got are their loyal, devoted fans,” Rosenbaum told the Hollywood Reporter. “Our show is not about being in the business, it’s about being out of the business; it’s the ‘Non-tourage.’ We’re the losers you want to see back on top.”

http://www.ksitetv.com/michael-rosen...ject-revealed/

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Jonathan Silverman (The Single Guy, but we’ll always know him as Julie’s husband on Gimme A Break!) as two friends who are former actors from a science fiction show with a cult following. They hit rock bottom and have to work together to get back on track.

The half-hour show, in development for the Syfy Channel, is called Saved by Zeroes. Rosenbaum is also a producer for the project.

“Through drugs and drinking, (the characters played by Rosenbaum and Silverman) didn’t save money and, years later, the only thing they have left are the conventions, all they’ve got are their loyal, devoted fans,” Rosenbaum told the Hollywood Reporter. “Our show is not about being in the business, it’s about being out of the business; it’s the ‘Non-tourage.’ We’re the losers you want to see back on top.”

http://www.ksitetv.com/michael-rosen...ject-revealed/
    lol....I've never heard of any of these things/people.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Sounds like it would be a pretty good show. Rosenbaum was good in Smallville, but I'm glad that he's moving on.
      sigpic

Comment

im not sure but i will have a look
        sigpic

Comment

Press Release:-

SYFY COMMISSIONS SCRIPT FOR JONATHAN SILVERMAN COMEDY PILOT FROM SONY AND HAPPY MADISON PRODUCTIONS

CREATED BY MICHAEL ROSENBAUM, WHO WILL CO-STAR

New York, New York – March 26, 2010 – Syfy today announced it has commissioned a script for a half hour comedy pilot starring Jonathan Silverman (Weekend at Bernie’s) from Sony and Happy Madison Productions. Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville), who created the show, will co-star.

The single camera program follows the lives of two friends, former actors on a popular science-fiction show, who have hit rock bottom and must work together to get their lives back on track.

Happy Madison and Doug Robinson will serve as executive producers along with Adam Goldberg, Rose and Bomb Productions, and Untitled Entertainment.

Silverman is known for his roles in the TV series Gimme a Break!, as well as in the films Brighton Beach Memoirs, Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Caddyshack II, Little Big League, Weekend at Bernie’s and its sequel.

Most recently, Michael Rosenbaum portrayed Lex Luthor on Smallville.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            lol....I've never heard of any of these things/people.
            You must be kinda young then, or just didn't watch t.v. in the 80's early 90's.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I grew up in the late 80s/early 90s
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I will at least give this a shot.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I grew up in the late 80s/early 90s
                  Well The Single Guy was a short lived sitcom in the early 90's, kind of a Friends clone/ rip-off. Gimme a Break was a show that ran for most of the 80's. It starred Nell Carter as a wise house-keeper. Of course the wise house-keeper seems like kind of a theme for 80's shows, Gimme a Break, Who's the Boss, Mr. Belvedere. I watched all of those shows. Hmm, maybe I should have gone outside more.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                  X