This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Journey's End

Sorry to post again but in case no one sees the other post as it's in the original episode thread, and I'm really bugged about something to do with the episode.

When Clone Doctor moved the TARDIS away from the Crucible why all that guff about being quiet and not talking? Did the Daleks bug the TARDIS so that they could hear them talking?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Maybe it was just to put Donna in the correct frame of mind - don't do anything that could alert the Daleks to the presence of the TARDIS. Whispering naturally puts people in "stealth mode".

Then again, Dalek technology is very powerful, rivaling the Time Lords in some areas (and probably exceeding them in others), so it's possible the Crucible had some means of listening inside other ships (like a really advanced, omnidirectional laser microphone, detecting faint vibrations in the surface of an object and translating it into sound).
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Precisely. In the end the TARDIS takes the image of a wooden box so it's possible that the wood vibrates as sound reverberates around the TARDIS, particularly in the control room, afterall those door.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Humour. It's called humour. RTD did it for humour.
        They could have screamed as loud as they wanted to but, in space, no one can hear you scream. It was simply a humourous over-reaction to the TARDIS having to be stealthy to avoid the Daleks. After a 'regeneration', the Doctor does tend to over-react.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
        X