Dark Side Of The Moon (516)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Side Of The Moon (516)

SAM AND DEAN ARE KILLED AND GO TO HEAVEN — Ambushed by angry hunters, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) are shot and killed and sent to Heaven. Castiel (Misha Collins) warns Dean that Zachariah (guest star Kurt Fuller) is looking for them in Heaven so they need to lay low while searching for an angel named Joshua (guest star Roger Aaron Brown) who can help them since he talks directly to God. While searching for Joshua, the brothers run into some old friends and family members. Jeff Woolnough directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb & Daniel Loflin.

Post Viewing Discussion Only
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 20 March 2010, 02:13 AM.

Really amazing episode IMO. This is why I love this show. What do you guys think of the end? Do you really think God just doesn't care anymore? Or is he just trying to motivate the Winchesters to solve this themselves?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, this was an interesting episode. Was any one else surprised when YED appeared in there heaven? I liked how they provided discreptions of what an angel truly is in its true form. It was nice to see Ash and Pamela and for Ash to mention other times that they died. As for the ending, there known for surprises so I wasn't to shocked. And to me Castiel and Dean had two very powerful responses. Castiel seemed upset and betrayed by his father while Dean seemed like he was no longer cool headed and probably thinking that he has to say yes to Michael.I think Dean throwing away the amulet showed how upset he was as to what they were told. No, he did not focus that angels besides Castiel were rooting for them but rather that God was ignoring them. Sam was the only one searching for options and I think that that spoke volumes about his character.
      http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Really amazing episode IMO. This is why I love this show. What do you guys think of the end? Do you really think God just doesn't care anymore? Or is he just trying to motivate the Winchesters to solve this themselves?
        i think god really doesnt care anymore right now but im suspecting that something will happen in the next 6 episodes where he will step in somehow,he might not solve it but at least point them in the right direction.
        Spoiler:
        i mean krpke also said that god will show up in the flesh at somepoint so obviously this storyline isnt over imo

Comment

Wow - just wow. What an amazing episode. Loved the glimpses into the boys' past. And LOL, the day the shot those fireworks? The day my daughter was born!

But OMG, when will they ever give Dean a break? They've been hitting him hard and low for so long. I'm not surprised he's ready to give up. Makes you wonder how much power the devil has to shape people's destiny. It would definitely be in Lucifer's interest to break Michael's vessel. I guess this recurring theme of everybody leaving him will come to play in the end.

I think this is one of those eps I need to re-watch just to take everything in. BTW, I loved the way Spn portrays heaven, where everybody has his niche where they feel at home and happy. I could live with that.

sigpic
          Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Awesome ep, I absolutely loved the part where Ash told them they had been there before. All the time with shows like this you get into characters that CAN'T lose. That's one of the things that makes this show great. I wonder how many times they have been there and been sent back? I was also hopping that Joe and Ellen were going to be in the bar. It seems that both Castial and Dean are giving. I think that Dean seeing Cas like that really shook him sorta like if an Angel can lose faith what chance do I have.
            Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
            sigpic

Comment

Wow, that was depressing. Can't really say more because I had to sneak away from my nieces to watch it, but I'll have to re-watch this. Jeez. Poor Cas, poor Dean. And poor Sammy. Looks like he is the only one who has still hope that this might end well
              The cake is a lie!

Comment

I haven't read the bible in a while but isn't there a line in there somewhere about God helps those who help themselves? Or is that just a saying?

I'm not sure what to make of this episode yet. I loved it but there was a lot to digest. The angels seem more like demons than the demons do or at least Lucifer. Zach there is a real dick.

Cas losing faith was pretty powerful and Dean calling God out as an absent father was good too.

Comment

THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!! What an outstanding episode!!!!

There is no way I am going to do it a disservice by trying to rush my post today when I only have a few minutes. I am going to watch it a few more times this weekend and write it on Monday.

But to let you know just how torturous (in an entertaining way) it was to watch Dean beat down so badly: I got teary during the firework scene. Watching Dean's face as he watched Sam. He was SO happy and content. And why? Because Sammy was happy. Sam being happy has always been so much more important to Dean than his own happiness. It's heartbreaking to see him think so little of himself.

So, yes, I welled up a bit at that point.....and that was BEFORE we even got to the part with him trying to cheer up Mary as a little boy, and his gut-wrenching realisation of what Sam's idea of Heaven is!! *sniff*

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                    I haven't read the bible in a while but isn't there a line in there somewhere about God helps those who help themselves? Or is that just a saying?
                    "God helps those who help themselves" is probably the most often quoted phrase that is not found in the Bible. This saying is usually attributed to Ben Franklin, quoted in Poor Richard's Almanac in 1757. In actuality, it originated from Algernon Sydney in 1698 in an article titled Discourses Concerning Government. Whatever the original source of this saying, the Bible teaches the opposite. God helps the helpless! Isaiah 25:4 declares, "For You have been a defense for the helpless, a defense for the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat..." Romans 5:6 tells us, "For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly."
                    sigpic

Comment

I still don't really believe God is out of it because He doesn't care. I think it's one of two things: 1) Everything that is happening has been predetermined and is all part of His plan. So, He is just letting it play out. Or 2) The Bible tells us that men are still given free will, to make good choices OR bad ones. He isn't there to referee, He is there as a judge to give out the scores when the performances are done.

Comment

Loved this ep! I wasn't too sure about this one when I first heard about it, but it turned out way better than I could imagine. It was so damn sad and depressing, but well written and acted.

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                        BTW, I loved the way Spn portrays heaven, where everybody has his niche where they feel at home and happy.
                        Me too. I really liked their take on it.

Loved seeing Ash, and it was a great way to have the character included in the story.

So now we know for certain where Sam went when he first died in All Hell Breaks Loose. I always believed that's where he went (if in fact he went anywhere) even though he was cursed with demon blood. Never once thought he would have been sent to Hell. On some other board a while back, some posters where rather peeved that the show had never commented on where he went and didn't have Sam wonder about it on camera or remember where he had been.

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                        But to let you know just how torturous (in an entertaining way) it was to watch Dean beat down so badly: I got teary during the firework scene. Watching Dean's face as he watched Sam. He was SO happy and content. And why? Because Sammy was happy. Sam being happy has always been so much more important to Dean than his own happiness. It's heartbreaking to see him think so little of himself.

So, yes, I welled up a bit at that point.....and that was BEFORE we even got to the part with him trying to cheer up Mary as a little boy, and his gut-wrenching realisation of what Sam's idea of Heaven is!! *sniff*
                        You weren't the only one. Barely 10 minutes into the ep and it was already making me want to cry with the fireworks scene. That was so sad and happy at the same time. Really effective scene to start off with, especially with the reuse of Bob Dylan's Knockin of Heaven's Door. Will probably be one of the most memorable in the whole show for me. Loved that whole scene.

I don't think that God doesn't care, but that again it's all part of the free will versus fate theme of the show, imo. He is on the side of free will when it comes to man. Seems cruel, and people always question that if God does exist then why does he let all these bad things happen in this world, but that's the harsh consequences of free will...the evil that men do to themselves and the choices that they make. Though in this case I think it's more than a little unfair considering that angles and demons are interfering in the free will of man.

And to that last scene of Dean dropping his necklace in the trash. Now that was heartbreaking because for me it had more to do with he and Sam's relationship than anything remotely to do with God. In no way do I fault Sam for the memories he had as his vision of heaven and understand why that's what he chose to see, but it was too much for Dean to accept. Sure all these years, Sam has made it clear why he left Dean and their father, and why he's made certain choices, but I guess deep down Dean still wanted to believe that his brother wanted/needed him in the end, but even in death, Sam was happiest when he wasn't with Dean.

Excellent episode. Certainly one of the best this season, imo.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

wow WOW
                          I forgot how brilliant this show can be
                          heaven was awesome

excellent episode

Comment

Wow..that was a fantastic ep. I need to have re-watch but my first impression was just how beaten down Dean really is now. That was some harsh stuff he had to endure there. It does make me wonder if some of that was Zach's interference though...well it was with his mother.

Sam was almost along for the ride to witness Dean's misery, although it was interesting to see how he enjoyed his brush with ordinary family life when he was eleven, and I felt that he was being put in an impossible position of having to justify his past decisions when he was a small child and later trying to find a life for himself at college. I don't think he has any reason to apologise for that at all.
                            I think it shows that Dean's totally broken inside. If he wasn't it wouldn't bother him.Even a parent comes to understand that a child has to break away to grow up. I can't see where it's going to go from here at all with their relationship now. Sam's done everything possible to be a good brother again, since they've gotten back together, but somehow it's not enough.

Love the take on heaven and seeing Pammy and Ash...and Dean did get the kiss which was nice after all his misery.

Like someone said, Sam does seem to be the only one who is trying to think of a way out now as Dean seems dead inside and Cas totally disillusioned.

When Joshua said that God was on Earth it did kind of suggest that we haven't heard the last of him.

And when Dean dropped the necklace in the bin it summed up Dean feelings for everything I reckon especially his feelings for his Dad, God (being deserted by them) and Sam to some extent. The look on Sam's face was heart breaking.

And damn! why did they have to use Knocking on Heaven's Door...the only song guaranteed to make me well up every time I hear it...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                              I still don't really believe God is out of it because He doesn't care. I think it's one of two things: 1) Everything that is happening has been predetermined and is all part of His plan. So, He is just letting it play out. Or 2) The Bible tells us that men are still given free will, to make good choices OR bad ones. He isn't there to referee, He is there as a judge to give out the scores when the performances are done.
                              I find either of those scenarios chilling. I hope that's not the case....either a plaything of the gods or some kind of sport that will be rated at the finish line...and if you're lucky you'll get a reward.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X