Wraith Stunner Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Stunner Model

Since I was unable to get the wraith stunner prop from the auctions, I was wondering, does anyone here have the capacity to make a model like that of Ronon Dex's gun? I would pay for several... I have contacted Wilco Models on ebay to ask if they would make one, but they would probably want several people to have interest in one. Anyone else here willing to pay for a wraith stunner to be made?

Last edited by Rosehawk; 03 August 2010, 02:30 PM.
    sigpic

http://forum.gateworld.net/member.ph...oh-Hamenthotep
    i know she has made a dex gun so id check with her.

Comment

Comment

that looks awesome! I want one

Dave

Comment

A-mazing!
          sigpic

Comment

It's not quite as good as it looks.. the two sides don't line up as well as they should It's going to take a bit more work to get them to fit together

Comment

What is the material of which it is made?

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                What is the material of which it is made?
                At the moment it is made of plastiline.. but it will be cast in resin

Comment

It is coming along nicely! Would you be able to take photos of how this was done, step-by-step? You should show off the finished product in the Wraith Defenders Club.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                    It is coming along nicely! Would you be able to take photos of how this was done, step-by-step? You should show off the finished product in the Wraith Defenders Club.
                    I can show the photos I have of the sculpting process.. but there aren't many.. I'll take more during moulding and casting

Comment

Hmmm... I'm liking this a lot. Are you making a Wraith costume? Or just some human with a Wraith stunner? Or you just want to make the stunner for the heck of it?

~Lady B
                      sigpic
                      Queen of HIVE 2O ~ SGC Operations ~ Tok'ra Resistance ~ Jaffa Legions

Comment

I'm a model maker Making models is what I do..

And the thread starter asked me to make one

I think I'm about done with the sculpting stage.. at last It took a lot longer than I expected it to.. I just painted a layer of lighter fluid onto the sculpture to smooth out the marks left by the sculpting tools So I'll see how it looks in the morning and decide whether it needs more work or if I'm ready to start making a mould

Comment

Keep us all appraised of the progress. I'm very much interested in this work. Reason? ::: points to signature:::

~Lady B
                          sigpic
                          Queen of HIVE 2O ~ SGC Operations ~ Tok'ra Resistance ~ Jaffa Legions

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Barbossa View Post
                            Keep us all appraised of the progress. I'm very much interested in this work. Reason? ::: points to signature:::

~Lady B
                            I have ordered silicone to make a mould And resin for casting.. but the foam I wanted has been discontinued

Comment

So I started making the mould... and completely underestimated the amount of silicone I would need...

Comment

Working...
                              X