This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone bought any props ??

Just looking at all the props that are now for sale and it makes me think that there will be no more SGA for sure but also had me wondering if anyone on here has managed to buy any of them ?
    i just wish i could afford it

The props are extra pieces, not the only ones, so the sell out wouldn't have any effect on SGA movie. And no, I haven't bought them. A little too pricey for a student budget.

Comment

i haven't
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i haven't bought any from this auction although i have a few from sg1 (bought them at gatecon many years ago)

i have a prop arrow and a prop slingshot

One thing to expect, dunno what you're looking at, many of these props are painted plastic or rubber. They may or may not hve any functionality to them (lights, etc)

Most of the affordable ones are made for background use, so they're just make to look good from a distance.

so, just using a random made up example, if you bought a zat gun, if it doesn't specifically say that it pops open, then it doesn't. it's just cast and painted rubber that someone will carry around.

My props were cheap because they were bought at silent auction during the con and there was no competition for them, and really, not much interest since they weren't used prominently in an episode.

I guess my point is, they're cool to have, just remember that you're buying stuff build to look neat in the background, not to work or function unless it's noted that it does. THOSE props, the really cool ones, are the ones that go for high dollar or are held onto just in case they are needed in the future.

Likely what they're selling is stuff that they know they'll never use again. Props specific to an alien race that'll never come back, etc.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Unfortunatley not. Would love to buy a load of Atlantis interior and props so i could make me a SGA room have my own piece of the Ancient city in my house lol would be so awsome.

I'm glad to know that it's having no effect on SGA and are spear piece's.
          GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Considering the shipping costs on some of these items... plus the insane bidding... no thanks. I can just build them myself, for a much cheaper price too if I'm careful.

I've seen the pricetags on some of the items yet to come... and unless you've just won the lottery or have too much money that you don't know what to do with, I doubt any one of us could afford these things.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Now there's an idea make my own .Where would you get close ups of different props to make your own look authentic ?

Comment

If I won the lottery, the first thing I'd do is buy myself a stargate. I'm not sure if I could get it through my front door..

Comment

Yes but im sure if you had won the lottery you would buy a house with a bigger front door

Comment

Originally posted by iloveteyla View Post
                    Now there's an idea make my own .Where would you get close ups of different props to make your own look authentic ?
                    The auction at Ebay has high res images of all the items on sale... that would be a good start. Screencaps of the items, and do a search on the web. There are many sites available where others build and replicate props and costumes from television shows and movies.

Regarding the Stargate ... don't need another one, already am the proud Gate Organizer of one. Lifesize too, or close to it anyway.

Comment

Nope. I don't need the props. I got all the memories from the DVDs, photo ops, autographs and memories from conventions which mean a lot more to me then the props!

Besides, the items are just way to pricey!
                      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

the only reason i have the ones I have is cause i got the pair for 40 dollars.

I know it's a supply/demand thing, but my supply of money is usually inadequate for their monetary demand
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The prices are too exorbitant. I wonder if they're selling any Tollan pieces, because other than that, I wouldn't care for any of it. It would be nice, but it would be a luxury, not a necessity.
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

IF it wasn't for this economy I would try to get my hands on some of the wooden practice weapons the jaffa used to train. I would love to have 3-4 of those.

2 for me to dick around with and another 2 to hold on to for another 10 years and flip for profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              I know it's a supply/demand thing, but my supply of money is usually inadequate for their monetary demand
                              Second that...

Comment

Working...
                              X