Are there any SGA games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any SGA games?

I've noticed that there are quite a few SG1 games, but I haven't seen any Stargate Atlantis games, does anyone know if there is, or if they're going to make any?
    Thanks
    Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

you mean pc games ?
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I've never even seen any SG1 games. (I dont think Resistance and Worlds are SG1 games)
      Last edited by Replicator Todd; 28 January 2010, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        you mean pc games ?
        Any games really, but yea, I guess pc.
        Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

along time ago there was a really cool and promising Stargate mod coming out. But since it was all third-party and the mod was going to be free MGM decided they would just take their ball and go home. Now they have dropped the ball on 3 games, The Alliance, Worlds and soon Resistance. Companies don't understand, fans know what fans want!!

Anyways hopefully MGM doesn't get greedy again and shut these guys down, but chances are they will.
          http://www.moddb.com/mods/stargate-empire-at-war

Comment

i don't think any stargate related game will ever get off the ground
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Good news for you then Gate world just announced, Stargate Resistance will be released in 12 days.
              http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...e-february-10/

There are a bunch of promising MODS for Stargate being made out there. I recommend The Last Stand for starters.
              sigpic
              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

And there are several other games, like atlantis dialing computer, and SGC dialing... It may not be that fun in the long run, but for the moment...
                sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                  Good news for you then Gate world just announced, Stargate Resistance will be released in 12 days.
                  http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...e-february-10/
                  That game is a joke now. Here is exactly what's happening;

Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment is so incredibly strapped for cash, they decided to disect their game, remove the shooter elements and package it as a new game. They are releasing it as "download only" because they can't even afford manufacturing costs at this point. A couple hundred people are going to fall for this, and purchase the game. There will be problems downloading it, the servers will crash, and when they finally get their game it will be filled with bugs/glitches etc. Since they can't afford a BETA test session, they are planning on making the customers their guinea pigs, they will use the little money from the sales to re-hire their staff and release a patch to fix the "technical dificulties". But it will be too little too late, everyone will give up on it before the patch is released and only a few will stick around. The bad press and poor sales will cause the company to implode on itself and we will never see another Stargate game for 4 more years, which will also fail.

Comment

There is an SG1 board game out, I have it and you can get it on Amazon. No Atlantis games though, I'd like one but they probably won't ever make one.
                    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

no
                      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

you people need to stop being so attached to the idea of a game. What's wrong with mods. Alot of people are ignorant to the vast world of mods, but I assure you, there are a hundred mods out there for stargate and at least 10 or 20 are really fun.

Not saying I don't want a stargate game by any means, but yea. If anyone here owns half life 2(or the source engine on any game), then there's some really good stargate mods for that I've played.

Comment

Sadly there are no Atlantis games. You have Stargate Resistance that is a SG-1 game and is an officail Stargate Game. (finally an official SG game hooray!)

The only way to get a Stargate Atlantis game is to download mod's for games.I've seen alot of mod's for games and some of them look really good.

Found an Atlantis map for Half life 2
                          Puddle jumper for Battlefield 2
                          Puddle jumper,City of Atlantis more ships for a game called x3

There's probably more out there. Either google Stargate Atlantis game mods and also check out Youtube for mods. They're a few i found on there.

I think i did hear that there maybe a possibility that there may be a Atlantis map on Stargate Resistance at some point in the future. If SG:Worlds goes well and it could even be on thee too.

I do hope that one day we see an Atlantis game. Free roaming sorta like GTA but in the Pegasus Galaxy in all the new High Definition Graphics. But 1 can dream and dream i shall.
                          GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremiah767 View Post
                            you people need to stop being so attached to the idea of a game. What's wrong with mods. .
                            because mods are not new games, they are existing games with the same mechanics with a stargate skin...
                            R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

There are a few games based on the original Stargate movie for Super Nintendo, other than that I do not know of any Stargate computer games. As mentioned there are a Stargate SG1 boardgame.

There is also a Stargate SG1 pen and paper roleplaying game. It is based on the D20 system, this was popular a few years ago, to publish RPG games based on popular movies and TV series and using D20 with varying degrees of success, however for Stargate I think D20 fit rather well. Now this where not a long run for a RPG game, there was a main book and some supplements, and they where all geared for SG1, however it is not difficult to use this game and just create stats for wraith and some other things unique to Stargate Atlantis and then run a Atlantis campaign with it. I have run two successful Stargate Atlantis games with this game system for my roleplaying group.

Comment

Working...
                              X