Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why dont some(or alot) of people like Sam to be...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why dont some(or alot) of people like Sam to be...

A few threads or so, it was stated that some people didn't want Sam, or didn't like the idea of Sam to lead SG1, but why?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

I don't know why they don't want her to lead, I personally think that it's the best thing next to having Jack lead and that might be the answer there, people don't mind having Sam but they would rather have Jack

Comment

I was thinking the same exact thing, but i do rather have the funny/sarcasm lines that Jack says.
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

It would seem a little wierd at first but I think i'd get used to it. Sam is the next most experienced officer at the base when it comes to Off-World ventures, and she is the foremost expert on the gate.
        -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
        -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Originally posted by earck
          Sam is the next most experienced officer at the base when it comes to Off-World ventures,
          Actually that's probably not totaly true. I would suspect that there are other officers who have had just as much if not more experience, AFAIK Ferretti is still around there somewhere and he, at one point, was in command of SG-2. Whereas Sam has not had much command experience at all, and almost none of it has been off-world.

and she is the foremost expert on the gate.
          Which would actually be a good reason to keep her grounded.

Don't get me wrong though I am looking forward to seeing Sam in command, I'm just trying to point out a few facts.
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

i like the idea of sam in command, maybe we will get the strong warrior back instead of the girllygirl some people think she has turned into

Comment

Has anyone actually noticed that even if Sam was in command of SG1 it wouldn't really amount to much as neither of the other 2 members are actually military officers, Daniel is still just a civillian on the Air Force pay role and T'lec is an alien who probably doesn't get payed. Thinking about it jack was only actually in command of one officer.

Comment

yeah you got a good point, this i think relates to the fourth member thread and justifies that if there were one it should be a military personnel instead of a civilian

Comment

Originally posted by Whitster
                  Has anyone actually noticed that even if Sam was in command of SG1 it wouldn't really amount to much as neither of the other 2 members are actually military officers, Daniel is still just a civillian on the Air Force pay role and T'lec is an alien who probably doesn't get payed. Thinking about it jack was only actually in command of one officer.
                  Actually, I should think that would make it more challenging. When you issue orders to a soldier, you can be at least 99% certain they'll follow orders, but with Daniel especially under your command, it's a lot harder to predict what he's going to do. Teal'c, while no doubt very good at obeying orders (all those years rising through the ranks to First Prime), will also have his own motivations and ideas about what he should be doing (especially since he's been doing it for longer than Sam and Daniel and probably even Jack have been alive). And let's not forget the Jaffa Revenge thing.

I'm not saying either of them won't obey orders, I'm just saying that depending on the circumstances they could act a lot less predictably than actual military personnel.

Me, I'd like to see Sam in command. Assuming we get our old Sam back- the strong, independant woman whoi can take charge of her own life as well as those of others. The one who has a backbone. The one who actually has a brain! Because if we get more of S7 Sam the wishy-washy, inconstant, featherbrained cliche of a girly girl who sits around mooning about Jack and getting all teary-eyed about her love life, then no, I wouldn't want to see her in charge. She'd get them all killed their first mission out because she'd be too busy wondering what her dearest loving Jack was doing and wishing she could be with him. Bleah.

Comment

i cant wait to see how the three-man team thing works out off-world. So i doubt we will see that until the second half of s8

Comment

Teal'c should lead!
                      The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Maybe they should get their russian officer now.
                        Spoilers series 6-7 onwards
                        Actually thinking about it now that the SGC is now common knowledge of the major US allies governments they should all get teams, how cool would a british SAS SG team be

Comment

Originally posted by Whitster
                          Maybe they should get their russian officer now.
                          Spoilers series 6-7 onwards
                          Actually thinking about it now that the SGC is now common knowledge of the major US allies governments they should all get teams, how cool would a british SAS SG team be

oh i can just see that the stereotypical british accent well dressed, cos thats what would happen, remember the guy in disclosure

Comment

Yeah we don't wanna end up as sterotypical as the Stargate russians, how long d'ya reckon it'l be until they start talking about Nuclear Wessels.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

Me, I'd like to see Sam in command. Assuming we get our old Sam back- the strong, independant woman whoi can take charge of her own life as well as those of others. The one who has a backbone. The one who actually has a brain! Because if we get more of S7 Sam the wishy-washy, inconstant, featherbrained cliche of a girly girl who sits around mooning about Jack and getting all teary-eyed about her love life, then no, I wouldn't want to see her in charge. She'd get them all killed their first mission out because she'd be too busy wondering what her dearest loving Jack was doing and wishing she could be with him. Bleah.
                              I've got to agree, even as a big Sam/Jack shipper the subtext became text a bit too much and it brought both of them but especially Sam, out of character, or at least the way I see the characters from the earlier seasons. This could either be the best thing or the absolutely worst thing that could happen to Sam's character depending on the writing. I've got my fingers crossed that they do it right!!
                              I am not disorganised, I have anti-systematic methodology disorder.

Comment

Working...
                              X