X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Walking Dead (AMC) - News/Speculation/Discussion SPOILERS to be tagged

AMC wants to televise the zombie apocalypse

If you think the zombie genre is dead, er, undead, well, cable network AMC apparently doesn't agree: It's picked up a pilot called Walking Dead, about the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse.

Oh, THAT old story.

The pilot is based on a comic book by Robert Kirkman. And it comes with a high pedigree: Frank Darabont (The Mist) is writer, director and executive producer, along with Anne Hurd and David Alpert, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Walking Dead is one of two pilots AMC ordered, the other being The Killing, a crime drama based on a Danish TV show.

http://scifiwire.com/2010/01/amc-wan...medium=twitter

Hmmm, the only reason I watch AMC for is the great movies they show (like the Matrix Trilogy and Alien Quadrilogy!). But a TV show about zombies! I will definitely give that a try!

Comment

Hmmm, I really want to know more about this.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this adaptation. I hope they do it justice.
        "God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Dean Winchester

Comment

The Walking Dead Begins Shooting May 15

Bloody-Disgusting.com has revealed that the pilot episode for AMC’s adaptation of Robert Kirkman’s comic book The Walking Dead will begin shooting May 15 in Atlanta, Georgia.

The Walking Dead series is about the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse, with a small-town police officer from Kentucky and others surviving as the zombies continue to feed.

http://www.ksitetv.com/the-walking-d...ooting-may-15/

First Actor Cast For AMC’s Walking Dead Pilot

The first actor to be cast has now been revealed for AMC’s TV project based on Robert Kirkman’s post-zombie-apocalypse comic The Walking Dead.

Jon Bernthal (Eastwick) will be playing the role of Shane. Casting for the lead role of Rick Grimes has not yet been announced.

http://www.ksitetv.com/first-actor-c...ng-dead-pilot/

Comment

Nice to see they are moving ahead with this. I look forward to checking it out when it airs.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Zombocalypse Now: AMC green-lights Walking Dead

AMC has given a green light to The Walking Dead, a six-episode zombie show based on Robert Kirkman's Image Comics series.

The show comes with a huge sci-fi pedigree: Executive producers include Frank Darabont (The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption), Gale Anne Hurd (the Terminator franchise) and Charles "Chic" Eglee (Dark Angel), among others.

John Bernthal (HBO's The Pacific) has been cast as a supporting character, but the lead has not yet been cast, and AMC denied rumors that Eli Stone's Jonny Lee Miller would star.

The show, about the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse, is slated to debut in October.

Full official announcement:-
              http://scifiwire.com/2010/03/zomboca...medium=twitter

Comment

October? Very nice!
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

As much as I'm told the comic is brilliant, I just can't take zombie stories. Gore + the worst of humanity on show = no thanks.
                  I still hope it does well, but I doubt I'll be watching. Or reading.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    As much as I'm told the comic is brilliant, I just can't take zombie stories. Gore + the worst of humanity on show = no thanks.
                    I still hope it does well, but I doubt I'll be watching. Or reading.
                    I have always loved zombie movies. This will be right up my alley.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

For such a positive person, I'm surprised you enjoy such dark matter.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        For such a positive person, I'm surprised you enjoy such dark matter.
                        I have always loved all things horror and gore. I've been watching scary movies since I was a little kid.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

AMC's zombie show Walking Dead gets its star

AMC announced the casting of English actor Andrew Lincoln (Teachers) as the lead character in its upcoming zombie apocalypse series The Walking Dead. Lincoln will play Rick Grimes, a small-town police officer who leads a group of survivors of a zombie apocalypse.

Lincoln isn't well known on this side of the pond, having appeared in small roles in feature films such as Love Actually and Human Traffic, as well as on British TV.

http://scifiwire.com/2010/04/amcs-zo...ow-walking.php

Comment

Cool, I wonder if the UK will pick it up. I hope so

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            I have always loved zombie movies. This will be right up my alley.
                            I love Zombie movies too. I love the resi evil games
                            sigpic

Comment

Darabont outlines 'Walking Dead' series

Director Frank Darabont has revealed that AMC's Walking Dead TV series will take "detours" from the original comics. Speaking to FearNet.com, the helmer explained that the project is based on a combination of original stories and material adapted from the Robert Kirkman books.

"We're much more beholden to [Robert] Kirkman," he said. "Which is a comfortable place to be because he has blazed a fantastic trail for us to follow. We will take detours along that path - we will take steps off the trail - but always wind up veering back onto the trail that Robert provides for us, because it's fantastic stuff."

Darabont also confirmed that the series will not be shot in digital. "We're going to go old-school - we're going to go film," he added.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...ad-series.html

Sarah Wayne Callies joins 'Walking Dead'

Prison Break star Sarah Wayne Callies has joined the cast of AMC's Walking Dead adaptation. According to Entertainment Weekly, the actress has landed the role of Lori Grimes, wife of protagonist Rick.

Callies joins Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal and Jeffrey DeMunn on the project, which is helmed by Frank Darabont. A pilot episode will begin shooting later this month.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...king-dead.html

Two more join 'Walking Dead' cast

Laurie Holden and Steven Yeun have joined the cast of AMC's comic book adaptation Walking Dead, MTV reports. Holden will portray Andrea, one of two sisters who survive the story's zombie plague, while Yeun has signed on to play scavenger Glenn.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...dead-cast.html

Comment

Working...
                              X