This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your worst Doctor Who episodes?

I'm in the middle of my DW rewatch and I was wondering which episodes you think are the worst.

I haven't seen a lot of classic who, but the episodes form the 2005 series which I simply do not like are: Aliens of London, World War Three, Daleks in Manhattan, and Evolution of the Daleks.

The only thing I liked about Aliens of London and World War Three was Harriet Jonas, but otherwise I didn't care for the episodes. It could because I find the Slitheen incredibly annoying.

Daleks in Manhattan and Evolution of the Daleks were just plain stupd. Nothing could redeem them.

I have enjoyed episodes which a lot people have found bad. The Idiot's Lantern for one. It was just good cheesy fun to me.
    "Feed meee!!!"

So which episodes do you think are the worst?
    sigpic

I'm near the end of the 2006 season now. I've liked virtually every episode of Doctor Who since I started watching with "Rose"--with only one exception: "Love & Monsters." It was by far the most unbalanced script of the ones I've seen so far.

The first half of the episode was nearly unwatchable for me, probably because the Doctor & Rose have almost no screen time whatsoever. It was only near the second half of the episode, when Elton bought pizza for Jackie, that the episode actually became watchable for me.

Why? The first half, in my opinion, seemed like it was trying so hard to be funny that it didn't succeed. I found myself actually doing this for much of the first half:

However, with Elton and the pizza, the tone of the episode shifted from artificial comedy to an honest drama. That definitely helped the rest of the episode. Of course, the Doctor and Rose getting more screen time significantly helped!
    sigpic

Comment

I could do without the Slitheen ever again.
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        I'm near the end of the 2006 season now. I've liked virtually every episode of Doctor Who since I started watching with "Rose"--with only one exception: "Love & Monsters." It was by far the most unbalanced script of the ones I've seen so far.

The first half of the episode was nearly unwatchable for me, probably because the Doctor & Rose have almost no screen time whatsoever. It was only near the second half of the episode, when Elton bought pizza for Jackie, that the episode actually became watchable for me.

Why? The first half, in my opinion, seemed like it was trying so hard to be funny that it didn't succeed. I found myself actually doing this for much of the first half:

However, with Elton and the pizza, the tone of the episode shifted from artificial comedy to an honest drama. That definitely helped the rest of the episode. Of course, the Doctor and Rose getting more screen time significantly helped!
        Damn, I forgot about that one. So, the second half's better you say. Inever even made it through the first half. Do you think I should give it another shot?

Near the end of the second half, huh? I can't wait to hear what you think about Army of Ghosts/Doomsday.

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
        sigpic

Comment

Of the new series "Love & Monsters" was terrible, "Evolution of the Daleks" was awful. I've only recently started watching old Who, and have to say that the very first serial ("Unearthly Child"/"100 000 BC") was pretty awful too.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I like pretty much every episode of the new series apart from Two: Love and Monsters and Fear Her.

I would say the idiots Lantern too but that has an advantage of at least showing The Doctor becoming pretty ticked off over what happens to Rose.

As for the classic series so far the worst I have seen Is Delta and the Bannerman.......it's pretty much unwatchable.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Well I haven't really watched the old series, but with new series I loved every single episode. Except for one: Fear Her. Just terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                I like pretty much every episode of the new series apart from Two: Love and Monsters and Fear Her.
                SAME HERE!
                Fear Her was basically the Doctor vs a squiggle, and Love and Monsters' most memorable moment was, sadly, innuendo re: what kind of intimate relationship one can have with a detachable face.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

But the action figures are just so darn cute! My daughter at the age of 4 picked a Sarah Jane figure with a kid Slitheen (from the Sarah Jane Adventures).
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Love and Monsters

just why??!!!!
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Pounding the pavement, man. Just pounding the pavement.
                      Last edited by nx01a; 14 January 2010, 09:56 PM.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Same here. I could never warm up to them and they look just dreadful ( in a really cheap Halloween like dreadful).

My worst episodes of the new Doctor Who series would be:

The Idiot's Lantern
                        Fear Her
                        Love & Monsters
                        Dalek's in Manhattan/Genesis of the Daleks
                        The Doctor's Daughter
                        The Next Doctor
                        Planet of the Dead
                        Waters of Mars
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Oh lord shame on anyone who actually liked the Slitheen. I would say my worse episodes have all ready been mentioned in this thread:

The Idiot's Lantern (Though i'm not so sure, my memory of it is fuzzy...)
                          Fear Her
                          Love & Monsters
                          Daleks in Manhattan
                          Evolution of the Daleks
                          The Doctor's Daughter (Come on, this was like going after the sensatives of the Doctor Who fans with a hot waffle iron, especially when she regenerates in the end and goes off and no one ever hints if we ever see her again, and no one ever mentions seeing a female timelord to the Doctor)
                          The Next Doctor (It was just HORRIBLE!)

I was actually tempted to say Blink, but my only fault with it is the lack of Doctor in it, and it WAS an amazing episode. Can't watch it at night though, makes me paranoid.

Comment

Love And Monsters (very closely followed by.....)
                            Fear Her

I mean those two were just the lowest of the low, I thought I was watching ITV for a moment

The Slitheen two parter in season one

and...

The Long Game
                            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Love and Monsters was just plane bad bad bad, only the Doctor could have saved it

Comment

Working...
                              X