Sam, Interrupted (511)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam, Interrupted (511)

sam and dean check into a mental hospital. A former hunter named martin (guest star), who is currently institutionalized, calls sam (jared padalecki) and dean (jensen ackles) for help investigating a case in the mental hospital. The brothers get themselves admitted as patients to check out the mysterious monster that is attacking the patients, but their incarceration pushes both to the breaking point as they unleash their inner demons against each other..
    Post viewing discussion only

Great first episode back. Man did I miss this show. I so thought I had things figured out early on, but was so wrong. This one definitely threw a few curve balls, no doubt about that.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Loved it from start to finish. It had everything I love about this show - suspense, twists, humor, drama, action, great brotherly moments. I had a bad feeling about the nurse from the start, she reminded me so much of the other nurse at the end of S4 who was supposed to be Lilith's 'personal chef'. And when the doc started accusing Dean, she looked like the new Meg to me.

Although I'm not usually a fan of the blood and gore, I liked to have a new kind of monster introduced. We haven't had one in a long time - IIRC not since the ghouls in Jump the Shark. And this one was one scary SOB. I wonder if the special effects guys were influenced by the SGA version Wraith - that first glimpse of the doctor in the mirror kinda looked like one of those drones.

I'll try hard to keep my fangirly side at bay, but I think both Jensen and Jared did an outstanding job in this episode. From the comic timing to the inner turmoil to complete freak out they were utterly believable, and had my complete sympathy.

I wonder if we'll see Martin again. It was never explained what actually happened in Albuquerque, and it's not like the Spn writers to keep a thread like this hanging. If most of his insanity was also caused by the Wraith infecting him, he should be getting better now that it's gone, and he can join the ranks of the hunters again.

sigpic
      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Great first episode back. Man did I miss this show. I so thought I had things figured out early on, but was so wrong. This one definitely threw a few curve balls, no doubt about that.
        Yeah I thought I had the doctor pegged as the one, and then when Dean saw him in the mirror I was like that was too easy...can't be him.

Good first episode back.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

I'll write my usual length review when a get a chance (and once I've watched it a couple more times!). For right now, the short version:

Liked it a WHOLE lot, but don't think I could say I loved it. Mostly because the end seemed rushed, specifically Sam's and Dean's emo issues brought up this week. I'm thinking that this might be one of those episodes that I will have to reserve a final judgement on until I can see how the rest of the season plays out. I want to see where, if anywhere, these new insights that the boys gained lead them in upcoming episodes. I'm trusting in Kripke not to just let them fall by the wayside.

Comment

Pudding!!!!

That had me cracking up.
            As usual, Supernatural brings the A game, great mix of comedy and drama. I wonder how they will deal with the anger issue Sam has and if that is going to be Lucifer's in to possessing him?

Comment

I liked the episode, we finally saw a new scary monster, but did anyone else feel sorry for Sam? How he was chained like that for the Wraith? I was wondering what would follow up Herpes commercial.
              http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

I was a little disapointed. I didn't find it funny, though some moments were appropriately intense (Sam's apology to the doctor and his realization re his anger).
                All in all, an average episode. I hope the next one is an improvemnet.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                  Pudding!!!!

That had me cracking up.
                  As usual, Supernatural brings the A game, great mix of comedy and drama. I wonder how they will deal with the anger issue Sam has and if that is going to be Lucifer's in to possessing him?
                  My wife and I were cracking up at that part too. So much in fact, we had to rewind the episode a little bit because we missed some of the dialogue that followed.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

it had me cracking up as well.....the docs face was priceless!
                    but i thought this was a very good episode and it gave us another possible outcome for the brothers if they do survive this season.they could very well go crazy from the stress and anger one day.

Comment

anyone else tired of Sam and Dean being depressed all the time?
                      this season is too sad imo

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                        anyone else tired of Sam and Dean being depressed all the time?
                        this season is too sad imo
                        I wouldn't say they're depressed, but they have a lot of issues with each other after S4, and I for one like the fact that the writers show them slowly working through them rather than just going back to business-as-usual overnight.

sigpic
                        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Really liked this episode, i do love them crazy episodes. Tho would have rathered an episode that happened a sort time after episode 10, as the first episode back.

Comment

This episode was IMHO above average, but not great storywise. I liked that we got to know a new monster. Jensen and Jared really acted their hearts out in this one, especially during their crazy scenes. I also liked Sam's apology scene, very emotional. There were some funny moments, the totally stoned Sam scene and of course the "Pudding" scene.
                            sigpic
                            My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

I need a re-watch of the ep, as at this stage I have some issues with it. There were some funny bits (particularly stoned Sam and 'pudding' ), though overall there's definitely been better eps. I thought Jensen and Jared did a really good job, and I just hope that the later eps will pick up on some of the emotional stuff which has needed to be addressed since this time last season ... particularly since Jump the shark and Dean's issues with John. We didn't get to hear any of what Dean said to his 'doctor' ...

I'll come back when I'm feeling more positive!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X