This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No More Farscape due SG-1 S9?

with the recent mini series of Farscape, i had been hoping that ratings and dvd sales would allow more Farscape but now that Ben Browder will be a series regular during SG-1 S9 and maybe beyond, does this mean that Farscape is now dead for good or will we have to wait until SG-1 ends before we learn about more Farscape

sorry if someone already asked this

sigpic

Originally posted by SaberBlade
    with the recent mini series of Farscape, i had been hoping that ratings and dvd sales would allow more Farscape but now that Ben Browder will be a series regular during SG-1 S9 and maybe beyond, does this mean that Farscape is now dead for good or will we have to wait until SG-1 ends before we learn about more Farscape

sorry if someone already asked this
    Nope-by no means. It just means Ben has a regular job at the moment! Hensons want to take Farscape in the direction of a movie so Ben being in Stargate doesn't preclude him doing that at all. Infact if anything Ben and Claudia being on Stargate is great for them as actors and for Farscape, for Stargate and the sci fi genre. It's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Go and read this TV Guide article. I love what Ben said at the end of it

http://forums.scaperoute.com/kansas/...?topic=23089.0

Comment

They should just go into the second generation of the Graysa's Child (which is Jon's son) and Aeryun's Child (which is also Jon's son) should go to war. That would be hot. Kind of like Cain and Able or something.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

well i was hoping for something more long term that a movie, perhaps a new season or more mini series. don't get me wrong, a movie is great but a new series would be even better but as long as SG-1 doesn't count out the possibility of more farscape, i'm happy

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
            well i was hoping for something more long term that a movie, perhaps a new season or more mini series. don't get me wrong, a movie is great but a new series would be even better but as long as SG-1 doesn't count out the possibility of more farscape, i'm happy
            I doubt from BB comments in TV guide he would drop the Farscape family. And Farscpae mini could be filmed anywhere, LA, Vancouver and be as creative as Sydney. And primary filming takes about 50 days on good shoot. The time factor is all the special X/F that make us go WOW. So BB could do his film during the hiatus.
            The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

One thing is I have noticed Stargate regulars always seem to have done outside projects during their time on Stargate. So I would see no reason why the producers of SG would have a problem with BB doing more Farscape. This would just to the benefit to all in involved. Personally it is my feeling that the SciFi channel WILL capitalize on BB being on Stargate by ordering another mini-series or movie. If S9 of Stargate really takes off then you can be assured of that. SciFi channel always seem to be capitalizing on this sort of programming.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                Go and read this TV Guide article. I love what Ben said at the end of it

http://forums.scaperoute.com/kansas/...?topic=23089.0
                So, he took the Stargate role to help Farscape... that man is always thinking about how to help his show. If he gives Stargate even a 10th of the dedication he's given Farscape, we have nothing to fear.

-IMF
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Plus they only shoot the show from like March to Mayish, then from Septemberish to October. There are plenty of time to fit in a movie.
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by SBN
                    I would see no reason why the producers of SG would have a problem with BB doing more Farscape. This would just to the benefit to all in involved. Personally it is my feeling that the SciFi channel WILL capitalize on BB being on Stargate by ordering another mini-series or movie.
                    I enjoyed Farscape, but I probably wouldn't be able to wrap my mind around following two Ben Browder characters simultaneously. If Stargate then secures Claudia Black for a recurring role, it would be really weird to see John/Aeryn one minute, MM/Vala the next.

Later,
                    Graculus

Comment

What does MM stand for?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                        What does MM stand for?
                        As mention in some other threads, MM is rumored to be the intials of Ben's character on SG-1.

Comment

MM - initials for BB's new character. Some speculation in other threads that it will be "Matt Mason".

Later,
                          Graculus

Comment

Unknown at the moment.

Comment

That's a stupid name, and you should all refrain from using it! NOW! lol. Na, not the best choice in names thought, IMO. Thanks for the fill in though.

AanubisS, I'm with you, lets stick with Unknown at the moment.

Thanks for the info greytop!

Comment

Working...
                              X