No announcement yet.

Plotline change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, i always thought Atlantis should have remained cut off from Earth for much much longer. It would have been far more interesting.

Well in that context, yeah, maybe Teyla could have been the leader of the expedition. Because if the IOA or the SGC were around, probably she would have never been allowed to be put in charge of an Earthling expedition.

And yeah, to me one of the many reasons for the downfall of Atlantis, throughout seasons 4 and 5, was because, and like you said, they suddenly wanted to turn SGA on an SG1 version 2, and that was their biggest mistake, among many others.
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

If I would be one of the writers on the show, I would rather create a 3rd series, which would use the characters from both previous shows and offer a better series conclusion to the fans.
      So instead of SGU, we would basically have an SG-1/SGA combo series with a couple of new characters (maybe those characters that didn't get a lot of screen time). 2 seasons is more than enough time to get everything sorted out and every story finalized.

Then, if the ratings would still be good, go to MGM and offer them another series that would be SGU. Start it with a movie with the length of 3 episodes and have the pilot episodes be what SGU episodes 4, 5 and 6 are. Then take the feedback from the fans and find out what did they like the most and what they didn't in the movie and in the pilot episodes of the new series and improve the concept so it could last a little longer (but still having the series be made in the new format and everything).
      Last edited by Mnikolic; 10 April 2014, 02:23 AM.

Comment

If only you would have been in charge back then…

I wouldn’t have mind if there would have been a 3rd series in which they would add both Atlantis and SG1, plus a few more characters, like you are suggesting, if that would have meant giving us a conclusion, because what we had wasn’t a conclusion. Although i was never much of a fan of the idea of having anything related to SG1 on Atlantis.

Why stop the 3rd series after 2 seasons? With the use of the characters that had little screen time, plus the existing characters and a few new ones, they would have been able to create a whole new set of adventures. Why not cut off Atlantis once again from Earth? That along, would give Atlantis a great deal of problems, thus opening up the chance for a whole new set of adventures. If only they would have been creative enough…
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Why SGU was cancelled after season 2 ? They didn't want create new season about Destiny's crew and their adventures.

Stargate:Atlantis is very good show but sadly that only five seasons.

SG-1 is very good show in nine seasons +one movie. Strange that SGU was cancelled. Stargate:Universe had potential but they didn't want create next seasons of SGU because people don't like this show. In my opinion this show is very good,classic sci fi,action,drama,it was what people loves but why they're cancelled this show ?
          Last edited by Jack_O'Neill; 12 April 2014, 05:22 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

They canceled because not enough people in the United States watched it live to financially justify it getting another season. Now WHY not enough people watched it is open to debate.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_O'Neill View Post
              Why SGU was cancelled after season 2 ? They don't wanted create new season about Destiny's crew and their adventures.

Stargate:Atlantis is very good show but sadly that only five seasons.

SG-1 is very good show in nine seasons +one movie. Strange that SGU was cancelled. Stargate:Universe had potential but they don't want create next seasons of SGU because people don't like this show. In my opinion this show is very good,classic sci fi,action,drama,it was what people loves but why they're cancelled this show ?
              SG-1 had 10 seasons, not 9. It ended with two movies: Stargate SG-1: Ark of Truth and Stargate SG-1: Continuum. The original Stargate movie from 1994 could be taken as cannon, but that's up for debate. The ratings for SG-1 were still good, but MGM wouldn't renew it for another season like the writers wanted, so they made the two SG-1 movies instead.

Stargate Atlantis went on for 5 seasons and at least 1 movie was planned to wrap up the series and it would be called Stargate: Extinction.

There was also a third SG-1 movie planned, called Stargate: Revolution.

However, when Stargate Universe was cancelled, both movies were permanently cancelled as well.

SGA pretty much became an SG-1 clone by the beginning of S04. Fans tried to protest so the show would get renewed for another season, but they weren't listened to.

SGU was a re-imagined Stargate TV series, but due to fans still expecting the third SG-1 and the SGA movies, they weren't exactly fond of a 3rd series right from the start. Hence why not enough people in US watched the show: they wanted either more SG-1 or more Antlantis. This lead to fans hating SGU and the long breaks between season halfs. It was just a matter of time before SGU got cancelled due to low and still declining ratings. Plus I think the people who ran the production where the show's showrunners worked... they got tired of Stargate and wanted it out and be done with it.

Comment

Mnikolic,I forgotten about that in SG-1 included ten seasons. It was a small mistake,in last time i saw Stargate in 2012, maybe i made this mistake because i did not sleep today.

SGU was a good show. I enjoyed when watched this show. Maybe sometime new part of Stargate will be released but not now.
                Last edited by Jack_O'Neill; 12 April 2014, 10:04 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Don't worry, that happens to me a lot as well.

And yeah... it'll be at least 10 more years before a new Stargate movie/series is released, maybe even 20.

SGU was an amazing show. It was doing its own stuff in its own way and format. But from the comparation perspective, SGU was a good show and it could have been even better.

Comment

Honestly I would have had the Wraith be much more threatening. Have them waking up occur much more slowly and the idea that even a small number of them can do a lot of damage. The Expedition has issues with killing them. I mean early on they showed that it took a lot to kill just one. Keep going with that. Towards the end they went down as quick as a Jaffa. The Wraith would be ruthless and not look like a Danish metal band.

Their technology can be the same. I never had an issue with it.

The Expedition would not make contact with Earth until perhaps the end of the second season. In fact I would think the end of the first season should showcase discovery of a small tribe of surviving Ancients who are hiding and keeping their numbers small. They have one or two ships left and rather obvious that they have forgotten a lot but relatively advanced, with maybe a new innovation here or there.

The Genii would remain the same.

I would like to see those big aliens from Daedalus Variations be involved somehow. Perhaps the Wraith have been holding them back.
                    Hi There!

Comment

Working...
                    X