Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One error about Vala Mal Doran's history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not forgetting that Vala continued posing as Qetesh even after the Symbiote was removed, for how long she got away with it, maybe a few years at least
    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

maybe she was only a host for a few years or something
      sigpic
      Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
      'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
      : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
      I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
      Indeed

Comment

It was a short period. I can't remember what episode, but I know Vala mentions it to Daniel first and the rest of the SG-1 team the duration of being a host. It had been for a number of years, but nothing near the span of some Goa'ould. Skarra became a new host to a Goa'ould and so did Sharay (spelling? >__<). Qetesh was the same thing.

Comment

Actually if memory serves, in tokra part two we realise that cordesh, the tokra traitor switched hosts to avoid detection
          Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

People want to rationalize the Family Ties episode by believing that Vala was host for only a short time, but previous episodes contradict that idea. Other goa'uld recognize Vala as Katesh's host, and they speak to Vala about interactions in the distant past, in a manner that assumes Vala (without Katesh, now) will remember those events, implying Vala was host at the time of the events.

For one example, when Vala is hooked up to the memory device, Athena explains that she's searching for memories that Vala -- not a previous host -- has suppressed from long ago, when Athena helped Katesh/Vala find the Clavica Infinitus.

Why can't people just accept that the show's creators screwed up, badly? Family Ties was a broken concept from the beginning. It happens sometimes.

Comment

Did Athena say how long ago she was searching for the memory? If Vala was a host for as long as Goa'uld are capable of having one then she would not be able to survive without the sarcophagus.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Plus Sam has memories from Jolinar (and her previous hosts) that she suppressed but was still able to recall later on, despite not having lived them herself.

Not that I'm trying to save this episode's ridiculous premise or anything, I still think it was a waste of time (especially with it being cancelled already at the time) and money. But her being a host period of time also comes back later in Continuum, where she says something like having been at Ba'al's side for fifteen or fifty years. I always thought it was the latter which makes no sense at all if Vala was an adult at the time she was taken host and she and her father have normal human ages...
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                X