Sanctuary in Australia - Discussion & News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanctuary in Australia - Discussion & News

With Sanctuary to air on two channels I thought I'd start a thread for us Aussies

Before we decide on a spoiler policy for this thread maybe people could let me know how much of Sanctuary that they see and when and what type of spoiler handling they'd like here.

For me, I run a spoiler website so I'm really up to date on what is happening in the Sanctuary world and keep current with the US, Canadian & UK eps, though I don't have the SciFi Channel but I will be watching on ABC2 when Sanctuary starts there. I'm happy with whatever spoiler handling others decide.

SPOILER POLICY
    We will be keeping things in line with the Stargate Downunder Thread so all episode details need to be in spoiler tags until the end of the season on Free To Air.

STATUS
    Webisodes - Spoiler tags needed until Fata Morgana has aired on ABC2
    Season 1 - Spoiler tags needed
    Season 2 - Spoiler tags needed
    Last edited by RealmOfX; 26 January 2010, 11:58 PM. Reason: added Spoiler Policy
    -

So a little bit of news :

* Sanctuary will be airing on ABC2 this year but no details have been released so far.
    * Season 2 will be coming *cough* soon *cough* to SciFi Channel, again no details but recent confirmation from SciFiPi
    -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      With Sanctuary to air on two channels I thought I'd start a thread for us Aussies

Before we decide on a spoiler policy for this thread maybe people could let me know how much of Sanctuary that they see and when and what type of spoiler handling they'd like here.

For me, I run a spoiler website so I'm really up to date on what is happening in the Sanctuary world and keep current with the US, Canadian & UK eps, though I don't have the SciFi Channel but I will be watching on ABC2 when Sanctuary starts there. I'm happy with whatever spoiler handling others decide.
      Well, in the Stargate Down Under form, we use spoiler tags for series that haven't aired on free to air yet. Even after an episode airs, it still should be spoilered till the full series has aired.. will that's what i think anyways.

Comment

We have a start date for ABC2!!

Ask Aaron column
        eBroadcast.com.au

Q. Do you know which season of Sanctuary ABC2 will start airing in 2010? Any idea when specifically?
        Rox, Sydney

Aaron: My friends at the ABC are always happy to respond to viewer questions which I thank them for. The simple answer is that they will start from season 1 and I can exclusively give you an exact air date - Monday 1st March 2010 at 9:30pm on ABC2.

Also Sanctuary will be available online through ABC's excellent iView - more details will be available closer to the airing time.
        -

Comment

Ask Aaron column
          eBroadcast.com.au
          Q. Do you know which season of Sanctuary ABC2 will start airing in 2010? Any idea when specifically?
          Rox, Sydney
          Aaron: My friends at the ABC are always happy to respond to viewer questions which I thank them for. The simple answer is that they will start from season 1 and I can exclusively give you an exact air date - Monday 1st March 2010 at 9:30pm on ABC2.

Also Sanctuary will be available online through ABC's excellent iView - more details will be available closer to the airing time.
          Woohoo!! Thanks for that RoX!! Pity they're starting at season one...maybe they will roll onto season 2 and then season 3 by the time season 2 is done...maybe...hopefully!! One can only hope...but one will not hold her breathe for!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ask Aaron column
            eBroadcast.com.au

Rox, Sydney

YAY thanks for the update RoX

about time aussie FTA started showing more sci fi

as for spoilers i definately dont want to know whats happening in s2 eps i havent seen... so id suggest spoilers for all of s2 to cover anyone who hasnt seen it...
            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

I foundout today going through the foxtel magazine that season 2 airs 11th of Feb at 8:30 EON P1
              sigpic
              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                I foundout today going through the foxtel magazine that season 2 airs 11th of Feb at 8:30 EON P1
                Thanks for that. I wonder if that means ABC2 will be able to show Season 2 after it finishes on Sci Fi Channel? I suppose it would be a lot to ask for them to do S1 & 2 really close together but I can hope can't I
                -

Comment

It's a shame that Sanctaury isn't being shown on a more prominent channel than ABC2, but upon saying that at least it doesn't have the chance of moving to a ridiculous timeslot or disappearing without warning like it would on other channels *cough* Ten *cough* Prime *cough*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                    And they ran some promos for it this evening as part of their new February line-up. I'm pleased they're not going to show endless repeats for S1 before showing S2 like they have done with other programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post
                      And they ran some promos for it this evening as part of their new February line-up. I'm pleased they're not going to show endless repeats for S1 before showing S2 like they have done with other programs.
                      Your so lucky Trillian52 i havent seen any promo's yet i'll keep a look out though
                      sigpic
                      (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

An article on TVtonight.com.au about Sanctuary returning to Sci Fi Channel http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/01/...comment-123185

Returning: Sanctuary
                        By David Knox on January 27, 2010

"It begins with a feature-length premiere on Thursday February 11 at 8.30pm and continues with single episodes from Thursday, February 18 at 8.30pm."

Follow the link for the complete article
                        -

Comment

I'll be watching the first few episodes of Sanctuary on ABC2 to see how it goes, mainly because I'm an SG-1 fan and I want to see Amanda in her new role. Not sure if I'll stick with watching the series though - we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper_au View Post
                            I'll be watching the first few episodes of Sanctuary on ABC2 to see how it goes, mainly because I'm an SG-1 fan and I want to see Amanda in her new role. Not sure if I'll stick with watching the series though - we'll see.
                            See how you go but keep in mind that quite a few people thought that they didn't find their legs until the latter part of the season. I myself thought that from episode 7 onwards it was much better but then I was a tad biased because I liked the webisodes much better than the reinvented first 3 episodes.
                            -

Comment

Message to mods: Please take me off probie status! It is annoying not having access to the full features of the site, and I've been a good boy since I signed up

Anyway...

Where can I access these webisodes? Should I watch them, or will they instead taint my experience of watching Sanctuary?

Comment

Working...
                              X