Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11th Doctor Appreciation/Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11th Doctor Appreciation/Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

So yes we've seen him!!

I was impressed... he seems to be completely insane (in the best possible way though!) and the trailer kinda lends itself to that too.....

A bit more violent and spontaneous too... he punches a man.. and shoots a gun.. and I just noticed there that he spat on the console after regenerating... Steven Moffet (I think we should just start referring to him as SM now..) really wants to switch things up.

I don't know what I think about his whole 'Geronimo' catch phrase thing..... Fantastic and brilliant were much better for the 9th and 10th doctors...

First Trailer for Series 5

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 01 January 2010, 06:02 PM. Reason: The doctor spat!
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Cautiously optimistic, in general. The fact that Stephen Moffat's at the helm fills me with confidence, but I can't quite decide about Eleven yet based on what little we've seen of him. Liking the ever so slightly insane vibe I get off him, feels like a way of shaking off the Tennant feel a bit. Seems a bit more keen on the physical side of things, even violence (though without context it's hard to say).
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

He's very 'unique' looking. I don't mean that to be insulting btw. But so far, with what little i've seen of him, yeah, i'm excited.

By the way, at the end of the trailer, i love the way he says; "Trust me, I'm the Doctor."

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
        Lister: 'Why not?'
        Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
        Cat: 'Can we see him?'
        Rimmer: 'See who?'
        Cat: 'The king.'
        Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
        Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
        Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

the new,new,new,new,new,new,new,new,new,new,new Doctor

Comment

I'm going to remain neutral about him until Series 5(or Series 1?) begins. But he does look great!

Comment

i can't wait. from all the interviews and preview clips matt's going to be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                i can't wait. from all the interviews and preview clips matt's going to be awesome.
                Indeed, I hope he's quiet and shy....so I can be similar to him! I was similar to Ten in many ways....and not...

Comment

to me 11 will be a wise man in a young mans body.

but when it's go time he'll be running around like ten.
                  Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 28 March 2010, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I still feel the actor playing him is a tad too young, though I'm not going to dismiss him just beacuse of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Smugs View Post
                      I still feel the actor playing him is a tad too young, though I'm not going to dismiss him just beacuse of that.
                      That was my first thought, but it didn't last long. I think he just has that 'Doctor-ness' about him, i.e. ever so slightly mad, enjoyably manic, quirky, approachable but alien, friendly but with a sinister undercurrent. Everything I have seen about Matt Smith, the Eleventh Doctor and series 1/5/31/fnarg screams "Fantastic!" to me.

Regarding Matt Smith's age (good grief, the Doctor is younger than me for the first time!!), I don't think it'll be an issue (I hope I'm not disappointed) after a few episodes. Peter Davison did a good job and he was considered too young by many. David Tennant too, to a degree (though I'm not his biggest fan, I think he played the Doctor a bit too human). The fact that Steven Moffat wanted someone older than Tennant for Eleven but chose Matt Smith speaks volumes about his acting chops to me.
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

After watching the premier ep, I can honestly say that Matt Smith is going to be one of my favourites. He has this thing down.
                        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Matt Smith *IS* The Doctor! He owned the role! He was everything that makes the Doctor the man he is! Matt plays him extremely well and Steven Moffat writes for him extremely well! We're definitely on to a winning combination!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

This guy is fantastic, simply fantastic. I loved the first episode, largely because of Matt Smith's acting and hugely entertaining take on the Doctor (and the really good dialogue helped) - he is going to be very fondly remembered as one of the classic Doctors I think.

I like how he seems to transition from Tennant's Doctor to his own mad self through the course of the episode. He's refreshing, entertaining, eminently believable as the Doctor and more than eccentric enough to fill the role. I think by the end of his run he's going to end up ranking alongside Tom Baker when it comes to iconic Doctors.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              Matt Smith *IS* The Doctor! He owned the role! He was everything that makes the Doctor the man he is! Matt plays him extremely well and Steven Moffat writes for him extremely well! We're definitely on to a winning combination!
                              and that's what you want with a reboot like this. all the parts working in sync. from the trailers i had a feeling i was going to like matt and after seeing the ep i can honeslty say he's going to be fantastic no no brilliant oh wait that's ten.

Geronimo!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X