• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Aftermath" (202) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread

Writer: Rob Cooper
    Director: Will Waring

---

Uh yup, you read this right. We're barely half-way through the 1st season and more than a bit of (very vague) info has already been given out for Season 2! Tonight, JM gives us the first title, Aftermath.

As always, I've kept track of all the past references to these episodes...

More spinning today in the writers’ room and more headway made on those first ten episodes. We ended up discussing the details of episode 1 (Paul will be doing the honors on this one), talking about the what’s and wherefore’s and, most importantly, answering Brad’s burning question: “How the hell are we going to get out of this one?!”. Carl has requested Episode 5 while I’ve cast my lot with Episode 2. Brad’s idea falls in the four slot, so he’ll take that one, which means Rob will be jumping on 3. What fun!
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-more-mailbag/

Looks like I won’t be doing episode 2 after all which is a shame as I was really looking forward to tackling what will be a wonderfully multi-character-centric story with a tough ethical dilemma at its core.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...other-mailbag/

[…] today, we spun episode two. Rob, who’ll be doing the honors on this one, pithced out a terrific, albeit radically different, A story to compliment the B, C, D, and E throughlines. Lots going on in this one – action, drama, spectacular visual effects, and a tough, tough decision. Two actually.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...you-missed-it/

Yesterday, we gave and received notes on three outlines: […] Rob will probably send me his outline (episode 2, shooting third) while I’m in Japan, presuming I’ll have time to read it and email my thoughts between my visit to Ice Cream City for the unagi-vanilla and an afternoon coffee at one of those cafes where the waitresses dress up like maids.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...this-and-that/

We were back in the office today where the discussion ranged from Robert Cooper’s finished first draft of Aftermath to my lovely Tokyo dining companions. Tomorrow, we actually start breaking more stories!
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-some-mailbag/

So, you know, speculate away!
    Last edited by PG15; 06 April 2010, 08:39 PM.

dammn great news all around for the series today i like the single titles again
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I thought we agreed on two word titles for season 2
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I just hope Robert Carlyle will still be around for season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
          he's the main character of course he will be

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            i'm sorry jel but we just simply can't agree on everything

Comment

Aftermath, eh? Aftermath of the stones being destroyed? Aftermath of the crew running out of contraceptives? Aftermath of... something else funny?
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                Aftermath, eh? Aftermath of the stones being destroyed? Aftermath of the crew running out of contraceptives? Aftermath of... something else funny?
                Aftermath of the revelation that Rush is going to give birth to his and Young's love child.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                  Aftermath of the revelation that Rush is going to give birth to his and Young's love child.
                  Nah, that'd be Afterbirth.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

After gazing in the crystal ball I have determined that it's an episode about cleaning up the gate-room in the aftermath of a bloody one-on-one spork battle betwen Rush and Young...

--Rakhal

Comment

finally, at least we have some idea what is going to happen at the end of season 1.

Tonne of people will die and this episode will be something like the episode Damage from Enterprise.

If they kill of Lt Hooters I will personally throw the whole writing crew off a cliff.
                      Tst

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                        finally, at least we have some idea what is going to happen at the end of season 1.

Tonne of people will die and this episode will be something like the episode Damage from Enterprise.

If they kill of Lt Hooters I will personally throw the whole writing crew off a cliff.
                        "Locker-Room" Humour for the day: 1.

Spoiler:
                        Thought I'd get in there before someone more Mod-ier does.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                          If he goes, so do I.

Comment

It will probaly revolve around the fact that those Loser Alliance incursionists lead by Kiva have to share the ship with the Icarus Refugees.

Probably more teenage angst followed by even more sex scenes and even more scenes where Young is byatching with Rush.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              The correct title is actually "The Aftermath"
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                              X