X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creation Vancouver Convention (2005)

GateWorld Article: Creation announces Vancouver convention

This thread is for those who are considering/planning to attend the Creation Vancouver convention in April of 2005, and for GateWorld meetups at that convention. This thread is not for discussing the controversy between Creation and Gatecon or bashing those who are attending.

I'm certainly considering on attending this one as well as Gatecon. There's a lot to do in Vancouver, more than once in a year!

Actually that thread you've linked to didn't start as one discussing the current situation: it's a months old one I bumped up because I felt some of the stuff in it was relevant. There's not actually any one thread for the controversy... most of the discussion is in the Gatecon 2005 thread.
    My 100 Mile Challenge!

Comment

The Gatecon 05 thread should be about Gatecon 05, not the controversy

Comment

I'm planning on attending if I can afford the ticket by the cutoff date. I've read the Creation site's announcement about what will happen and it sounds like it will be a good time. I've never been to a con before so I'm really excited about this one.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

It does sound like it will be a good one. I am also very excited to be able to attend this one. It's good to know that there are others who will be there.
          No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
            I'm planning on attending if I can afford the ticket by the cutoff date. I've read the Creation site's announcement about what will happen and it sounds like it will be a good time. I've never been to a con before so I'm really excited about this one.
            They are saying 500 is too much to pay, but when you factor in the fact that you get all of the panels and a set tour (which was 300 dollars at its CHEAPEST the last visit someone offered), not to mention ALL of the other goodies included in the pack, I think it's worth it. And this is coming from a person who has recently attended a Creation event.

Comment

Really DJ? You're going? I had no idea.

And David, I agree that the ticket price isn't too high. They offer quite a lot for the money you pay. I just didn't know that the cutoff date for Gold Passes was Jan. 15th. I had been planning on going to Gatecon and was going to use my tax return for that but I don't think I'll have time to wait for my tax return if I want to get a Gold Pass for Creation. But my birthday is Jan. 16th so I'm going to try to get it as a birthday present.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I got last year's Gatecon tickets as a birthday present. I hear you.

Comment

Bottom line I would attend to see actors I have missed elsewhere, or to enjoy the new material they (actors) present. I have a feeling, with the cast changes pending, story lines, and Atlantis there should be a lot to do, see and interact with. It would be great to see the peple behind the names here from forum. I will leave the 'issues' rest till after the convention.

Post Mortem is always fun.
                  The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

I met Kiwigater, GateAngel, GateGirl, and several others at Creation, Chicago and it was a GENUINE treat -- enough for me to want to have them at my HOME in March! lol

Comment

Guess what guys I'm going too!!! LOL I can't wait! Its my Christmas / 16th B-day gift to my little sister. We were going to go to GATECON, but since they won't be doing stargate this year we decided on this instead. I showed her the series about 2 years ago and she's been hooked ever since! She's a huge fan! Can't wait to go tot he set! Here's a thought too, won't they be filming part of season 9 at that time!? We might even get little tidbits on whats to come! They did say a new villan! Plus who would not want their picture taken in the Gate room!!!
                      From the Cartoon Network show
                      "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

[Oglethorpe has built a copy of the Stargate]
                      Emory: Isn't that the Starga—

Oglethorpe: NO! It is the FARGATE! It is not some other kind of gate from a movie or TV show that I've never seen! Notice that it has a wheelchair and a pink mohawk? We're not getting sued!

Emory: But it—

Oglethorpe: No, it is a Fargate! From the makers of Thindependence Day!

Comment

David is there normally a good turnout for the Creation conventions? Like I know Gatecon normally attracts people from all over the world! Also I take it you got the gold pass than too?
                        From the Cartoon Network show
                        "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

[Oglethorpe has built a copy of the Stargate]
                        Emory: Isn't that the Starga—

Oglethorpe: NO! It is the FARGATE! It is not some other kind of gate from a movie or TV show that I've never seen! Notice that it has a wheelchair and a pink mohawk? We're not getting sued!

Emory: But it—

Oglethorpe: No, it is a Fargate! From the makers of Thindependence Day!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                          Really DJ? You're going? I had no idea.

And David, I agree that the ticket price isn't too high. They offer quite a lot for the money you pay. I just didn't know that the cutoff date for Gold Passes was Jan. 15th. I had been planning on going to Gatecon and was going to use my tax return for that but I don't think I'll have time to wait for my tax return if I want to get a Gold Pass for Creation. But my birthday is Jan. 16th so I'm going to try to get it as a birthday present.
                          LOL. But...but...it wouldn't be a TRUE con without me

My birthday is January 8th.

Dana Jeanne
                          Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

I attended the Stargate Creation Con in Burbank this year and had a blast was planning on go back this year but I have changed my plans and since tomorrow is payday I plan on ordering my goldpass tomorrow afternoon. Hope to meet some of you in Vancouver in April.
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by David
                              I met Kiwigater, GateAngel, GateGirl, and several others at Creation, Chicago and it was a GENUINE treat -- enough for me to want to have them at my HOME in March! lol
                              Yes and I'm still waiting to see that picture you took too Oh and I had a blast meeting you as well. That convention was so much fun. I wish I could afford the Vancouver one but the deadline to get a ticket to include the set tour is not doable for me..I just shelled out $2000 in car repairs
                              ______
                              Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Working...
                              X