Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it too late for another Height OT?

Spoiler:
    I'm just over 5"10 When I first met AT I was quite a bit shorter than her. I remember the first time I was finally taller than her... I was so proud Isn't always easy being tall, but I love it!

Cute Farmville story I played it for about two days... then realized the potential amount of hours of my life I could waste away, unkowingly, playing it... plus, my comp was messed up at the time and would crash every other minute while playing!

Sam/Jack forever
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
      Have been feeling a bit starved of shippiness - but just watched Evolution 2 and the audio commentary. I didn't realise how much AT said about how much is implied in the scene in the lab, and then the lunch scene at the end about them gazing adoringly into each other eyes. Awwhh - bless, may just have to watch it again as it brought a shippy smile to my face

(I'm 5ft 2)
      I don't think I've ever listened to that commentary so thanks for sharing that. To be honest, Evolution isn't one of my favourites and I pretty much re-watch it for a) those couple of shippy bits, b) because Jack looks kind of hot and c) Daniel whump is always entertaining.

I do hope you'll still be participating in the rewatch discussions when we get to that season because I'll be sure to give you that episode so you can elaboarte further on those comments of AT's.

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
      Is it too late for another Height OT?

Spoiler:
      I'm just over 5"10 When I first met AT I was quite a bit shorter than her. I remember the first time I was finally taller than her... I was so proud Isn't always easy being tall, but I love it!

Cute Farmville story I played it for about two days... then realized the potential amount of hours of my life I could waste away, unkowingly, playing it... plus, my comp was messed up at the time and would crash every other minute while playing!

Farmville OT

Spoiler:
      You're a very wise person. I am, alas, lost to Farmville. Bloody thing!

And height... I'm another 5ft 2er.

Tachyon, I love that video. I had seen it before but it makes me giggle every single time. I wonder what RDA thinks when he sees himself in that?

This was posted by Choo1701 on the fanfic peeves thread the other day. Reposting it here because I love the way it sums up the Sam/Jack relationship here. It just makes me giggle so much.

The Reduced SFX Company presents Stargate SG1 (season one) in one five-minute script. With all due respect…
      sigpic

Comment

So... in an attempt to get people talking some more, if you could pick a couple songs that you think really descibe Jack and Sam, what would they be. You can post the lyrics, or a fanvid someone made with the song, or whatever you want.

I've got a couple.

My favorite would have to be "So Close" by Jon McLaughlin, from the Enchanted movie. Every time I watch the dancing scene, I can't help but think of Jack and Sam. It really defines Jack and Sam's relationship in the first eight seasons of SG-1. Ridden with angst.

I just love the line in the song that says, "How could I face the faceless days If I should lose you now?" ("Divide and Conquer" flashback anyone?)

Sam & Jack - So Close Video
        Lyrics:
        Spoiler:
        You’re in my arms
        And all the world is calm
        The music playing on for only two
        So close together
        And when I’m with you
        So close to feeling alive

A life goes by
        Romantic dreams will stop

So I bid mine goodbye and never knew
        So close was waiting, waiting here with you
        And now forever I know
        All that I wanted to hold you
        So close

So close to reaching that famous happy end
        Almost believing this was not pretend
        And now you’re beside me and look how far we’ve come
        So far we are so close

How could I face the faceless days
        If I should lose you now?

We’re so close
        To reaching that famous happy end
        And almost believing this was not pretend
        Let’s go on dreaming for we know we are
        So close
        So close
        And still so far
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

The second song that I'd choose is "Still in Love With You" by No Angels. Kind of a different style of song for Jack/Sam, but the lyrics are very relevant for when Sam's in Atlantis.

Still In Love With You Vid (Ignore the "Nanny" clips set to the song, LOL! )
          Spoiler:
          The best time I ever had
          When you were mine
          Said to myself to keep you near
          Never let you go

But trains and boats and aeroplanes
          Took me away
          From you

Away from all the love we had
          From all the things we shared
          Tell me what can I do, you're always on my mind

If I could sing my song to you
          I'd tell you how my heart is broken too
          From any corner of the world
          I'd let you know I'll always be your girl
          I'm still in love with you

Lonely days and lonely nights
          Since you've been gone

I miss your touch, I miss your smile
          Always by my side
          I think about the times we had
          And I wonder why, oh why

Why you had to steal my heart
          When we're a world apart

So tell me, baby what should I do
          You're always on my mind

Oooh
          If I could sing my song to you, oh baby
          You know my heart is true
          You're always on my mind

Personally, I'd like to see a S/J vid made with this song simply because it's a different style of music than is ususally used for them.
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Call it the angst cavern dweller in me, but this song always makes me think of 7th after Sam starts dating Potato. 'Er I mean Pete LOL. Note - I copy and pasted the lyrics and tried my best to correct formatting and/or bad grammar (with the whole your/you're debacle) but I might have missed something.

"Quiet Times" by Dido

Spoiler:

Ask me where I go tonight
            I go back to today last year
            Me and you knew how to make each other happier
            and there was hope with everything

It's hard enough to feel the world
            as it is and hold on anything
            Without these quiet times you've brought 'round here

I'm gonna have to run away
            I'm sure that I belong some other place
            I've seen another side of all I've seen
            It keeps me wondering where my family is

It's hard enough to see the world as it is and hold on anything
            Without these quiet times coming around here

Now I miss you...
            Now I want you...
            But I can't have you
            Even when you're here.

I suppose I have to take you with me broken mind,
            I'd rather leave you here
            To forget everything you've seen and known
            Erase every idea

You walk up in the street
            and hold my hand and smile
            Well I won't be taken in
            Cause I know how it turns out
            And it takes me back to these quiet times coming round here

Now I miss you...
            And I want you...
            But you're not coming back.

And I need you...
            But I can't have you...
            Even when you're here.

I love Dido, I have all three albums. She has a very natural and unique sound IMO.

Comment

Happy Birthday
              Mad_Gater
              sigpic

Comment

Happy Gater-Day!!!!

And songs. . .

I'd love to see a shippy Sam vid made with Jon McLaughlin's Beautiful Disaster--only with Sam going through all of the men that she was using as a substitute for Jack.

I don't have the lyrics, but they're awesome. . .

And my fave Sam/Jack song has been done--

I Want You Now by Depeche Mode. DevilishMe made me a vid already.
                sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Happy Birthday mad_gater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Happy birthday mad_gater

Comment

I'm adding my

Happy Birthday Greetings!!!! Mad Gater

to the group. Hope you had/have a great time.

Comment

I have angst cavern tendencies, too. I think that Rob Thomas' Little Wonders is a great Jack/Sam song. Lifehouse also has a lot of songs I would consider to be J/S. It Is What It Is...is a great song. If I need to be inspired by music while writing fic I'll listen to them. Or Celine.

Comment

Thx everyone!!!!!!!!

Comment

Happy birthday Joe,

For your day I give you some tidbits that come from the novelization o Air, ehich I sat and read at the bookstore today. Okay, I only read the Jack and Jack/Sam bits, but...whatever.

First up is a good Sam/Rush scene on the Hammond, where we see some Jacklike things from Sam. Then there's the additional scene of Jack getting tothe HQ to talk to Sam and get the report on the loss of Icarus base. At the end of that report, Jack says, " Good to see you're okay, Colonel". Slightly shippy.

The cut Rush scene we've all seen between Jack and Rush is in the novelzation, which makes me think all of what's in there was based on script. The dialogue is pretty much spot-on

What else? Can't think of anything, but I did like Jack's telling Sam he was glad to see she is okay. I mean, how often did we ever hear him say that to Carter?

So...that's your tidbit. I only read the good parts, anyone got any other things to add?
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

I've got nothing to add, but a question for you other shippers.

A reviewer (she's sweet, but not a shipper) says that shippers view Jack as being more open emotionally than non shippers.

I don't think that this is a shipper vs. non shipper view, but that people who see Jack as being flat and tactical and cold are people who don't give him the benefit of time and distance from the tragedies that were his life before the Stargate program.

Do I see Jack as being a person who can talk about "stuff" because I ship, or do I see him that way because I'm a person who has lived through tragedies and can now see them with some perspective?

What do you all think about this? And about your own views on him and his maturation and evolutionary process? Because the Jack from the movie/first season is a different Jack from Threads. . .right?
                              sigpic
                              My Stories: FFdotNet
                              My Stories AO3
                              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Just a quick question

Someone mentioned
                                Spoiler:
                                Jack and tea

Does Carter prefer tea to coffee?

I always amused she drink coffee but then again i could be wrong. I know it might been referenced in some episode but I haven't actually sat down and really watched Stargate in while, currently on a Star Trek Voyager kick, outside of what I video capped earlier this year and seen on syfy.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
                                X