Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ErikaMariia View Post
    Oh dear. I guess I'm in the minority here. I don't think they got married. I base my opinion on the deleted scene in the episode Trio of SGA. (Which I consider at least half-canon..)

What I do think is that they, while not being direct chain of command, had a brief "real" relationship but pulled back when she rejoined SG-1. But they are, finally, in an agreement and committed to each other.

Sorry to be a party pooper. Anyway I'm sorry but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?
    I think that everyone has a slightly different view on how their post-SG-1 relationship has shaken out. My opinion comes from a mixture of practicality (the military gives more leniency to married couples) and my own romantical notions that both of these people would want a more formalized commitment. I also tend to believe that they married pretty quickly after Jack's transfer. As soon as possible, as a matter of fact. I think that Jacob's death, coupled with the near-disaster with Pete, would have made them want to make things official sooner rather than later.

Having said that, I have written a few fics where they aren't together too quickly after Threads, and (many) more where they are. I believe that there are valid arguments to be made for each situation. Like Hedwig said, everyone has their own opinion--and given that the whole thing was left up in the air by TPTB, all of those opinions are truly possiblilities. Everyone ships to the beat of their own drummer. Or something.

By the way, props for the WOO Daniel line. Well played.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Just going to post this here... I haven't made any art for years but made this on a whim tonight !
      Hope you like!

.... sigpic ....

"I didn't leave - because I'd rather die myself than lose Carter."

Comment

Loving the discussion, it's nice to see other people who are "on my side" Not that it matters much, as stated by others, we don't have that much to go on canon wise so they're all fairly valid. I switch between possibilities in my fanfics/drabbles all the time too

Nonnie; that art!

Seriously how are you all so talented. How do you DO that. So awesome.
        + = It's a simple mathematical fact
        And so is...penguins+conformation=HAPPY CAMPERS

Comment

Originally posted by Nonnie88 View Post
          Just going to post this here... I haven't made any art for years but made this on a whim tonight !
          Hope you like!

[IMG]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m99/gilliana88/Jack%20and%20Sam%20HAUNT.jpg[/]
          Lovely!
          sigpic
          My Stories AO3

Comment

Hope you like!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...am%20HAUNT.jpg
            Very pretty

Comment

Hope you like!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m99/gilliana88/Jack%20and%20Sam%20HAUNT.jpg
              Very nice, Nonnie88!

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by ErikaMariia View Post
                Oh dear. I guess I'm in the minority here. I don't think they got married. I base my opinion on the deleted scene in the episode Trio of SGA. (Which I consider at least half-canon..)

What I do think is that they, while not being direct chain of command, had a brief "real" relationship but pulled back when she rejoined SG-1. But they are, finally, in an agreement and committed to each other.

Sorry to be a party pooper. Anyway I'm sorry but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?
                Lol.. Channeling a little Daniel in that last paragraph, were you? Love it!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  THE LEAST SHIPPY EPISODE

Resurrection (1)

VS.

The Road Not Taken (6)

I'm also in the group that thinks they got married between Season 8 and 9. I think they probably sat down and had a conversation (maybe at the cabin), and decided the best way to go was to get married, and maybe just eloped, taking Daniel and Teal'c with them, with Daniel being the best man and Teal'c being the "maid of honor".
                  in my head (in my in-head fics), i've had daniel the best man, and teal'c giving sam away.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

One Day 'til Ship Day !

We have only one more day until Ship Day, O’Neill.

Are you certain you can have this vehicle operational?

I’m working on it.

Ah, Jack, don’t you think maybe Sam should take a look at that?

No, Daniel, I don’t.

I’ve got it under control.

I concur with Daniel Jackson. I think perhaps Captain Carter should be the one to make the necessary repairs.

Et tu, Teal’c?

Comment

One Day 'til Ship Day !
                      (continued)

Look, Carter has a more important job to do right now.

More important than making sure the WooHoos and the Shippy Hippies get to the party on time?

Yes.

Which is?

Carter’s bringing the cake.

Comment

Ten Drabbles in Ten Days!

Keep those drabbles coming! Remember, this doesn't have to be hard. Just a fun little scene or story in 100 words. It can be humorous or sad, poetry or prose. Post them here whenever the muse strikes you (or you strike it)! I'll post a new prompt every 24 hours or so for the next ten days.

Drabble Prompt #9
                        Dead Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          in my head (in my in-head fics), i've had daniel the best man, and teal'c giving sam away.
                          That's another possibility. But I don't think it's necessary for Sam to be "given" away. I think she'd be just fine with walking herself down the aisle.

Comment

So I had trouble getting onto GateWorld today. Sorry the prompt is so late.

I thought I had timed it so we would finish number ten before Ship Day, but it seems like I skipped a day somewhere.

I've been so busy that I haven't even been able to think about writing drabbles, which makes me sad. I'm so glad everyone else has been having a good time playing though.

I'll start the Ship Day thread in a little over an hour from now. Then I'm afraid I will have to go to bed. I've had a long day and I have an early start in the morning.

I'll jump on to share some goodies when I can and I'm meeting up with a fellow shipper in the evening to make some new pretties.

So I hope everyone is ready to party!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              That's another possibility. But I don't think it's necessary for Sam to be "given" away. I think she'd be just fine with walking herself down the aisle.
                              I've always imagined Teal'c officiating.

But I've never once thought that they would have a traditional wedding with a line and a big frou frou dress. I've always seen it as something quick in Jack's office with only their closest friends there. In fact, when I wrote "Passing Time", I think I had them elope to Vegas. (Now I'm going to have to check that out. Ha ha.)

My husband and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary in January--I'm trying to convince him to go with me to Vegas and get "re-married" by Elvis. That would be stinkin' awesome.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                So I had trouble getting onto GateWorld today. Sorry the prompt is so late.

I thought I had timed it so we would finish number ten before Ship Day, but it seems like I skipped a day somewhere.

I've been so busy that I haven't even been able to think about writing drabbles, which makes me sad. I'm so glad everyone else has been having a good time playing though.

I'll start the Ship Day thread in a little over an hour from now. Then I'm afraid I will have to go to bed. I've had a long day and I have an early start in the morning.

I'll jump on to share some goodies when I can and I'm meeting up with a fellow shipper in the evening to make some new pretties.

So I hope everyone is ready to party!
                                So, think up another prompt and we'll go for both of them tomorrow.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X