This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeder Ships and Destiny

So we know that seeder ships are still here and doing their work, however I found one interesting thing:

Even if a seeder ship was sent a million years ahead, Destiny should have catched it by now because seeder ship must:

Mine materials,
    Go directly to planet
    Analyse planet(where is the best place to put stargates)
    Leave the stargates
    Refuel at stars

While destiny: Just fly through outer space and refuel at stars

This makes rather big time gap(specially going from one planet to another and mining materials) so destiny should have catched/catch seeder ship.
    The cake is a lie...

The seeder ships probably do all that you say, but Destiny also stops for a long time at the planets with stargates that the seeders planted

Comment

Whos to say that Destiny hasnt catch up with the seeders?
      They never said how many they launch...
      And Destiny "jumps" from galaxy to galaxy. Maybe the seeders jumped from the milky way direct to the designated galaxy, giving enough time so that the Destiny could just fly around.
      "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
      with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

Comment

We know nothing about the speed of the seeder ships to the speed of Destiny. So when one doesn't know that one can never say something for sure. The seeder ships could travel much faster than the Destiny. Also, FTL allows the ships to scan the planets and surrounding space while in FTL, unlike Hyperspace-travel.

ETA: And also, the Destiny doesn't follow the same path as one seeder ship, it makes up his own much longer course, and thus travels more absolute distance, lightyears, while the relative distance between the seeder ships and the Destiny stays the same.
        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I think that the Ancients sent out seeder ships from Earth in all directions, seeding any galaxies they come across to maximize the amount of Stargate's placed. Then, several Destiny's (not just one) were launched, each one following a different seeder. This would make a lot more sense than just having the Destiny exploring the gates placed by several seeders.

Also, the Universe is potentially infinite, which means the seeders will never stop seeding Stargate's, which means the Destiny will never stop following them exploring the planets seeded by the seeders. The whole experiment would have been pointless if the Destiny caught up with a seeder, or over took it, because then it wouldn't be able to explore the gate seeded planets, which is the entire purpose of it. The Ancients would have known this and made sure the seeders and Destiny were moving and roughly the same speed, so they would remain the same distance apart.

Comment

There are more than one, presumably the Destiny wouldn't just follow a lone seeder ship.
            Last edited by KEK; 06 December 2009, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              There are more than one, presumably the Destiny would just follow a lone seeder ship.
              We don't know anything as of yet about the seeder ships. I have heard it called ships as in plural, but we don't know how many. And Destiny doesn't stop at every single planet the seeder ships were at, some gate information are sent back to the Destiny as locked.
              I disgust myself sometimes.

Comment

This makes rather big time gap(specially going from one planet to another and mining materials) so destiny should have catched/catch seeder ship.
                This of course assumes that they "mine" minerals on planets in some way. Rather than flying back and forth collecting the necessary materials from one planet to take to another within a planetary system the ship could simply collect hydrogen in much the same way that Destiny does.

Which is more likely...

That the seeder ships fly around looking for sources of Naqahdah (which may not even exist within entire galaxies) or that it simply collects hydrogen (75% of the known universe is comprised of hydrogen) and fuses it into all other elements on the periodic table?
                How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

Really, I can't see any AI system doing things on such a scale unless they are replicator level... and that means they would become conscious just like Asurans, which leads to the high possibility of them thinking "screw this".

I still think there are ascended ancients doing all this gate-seeding experiment and stuff...
                  One Ring to rule the Dark Side
                  sigpic
                  Sith Nazghul

Comment

We will have to wait for atleast season 2 to see a Seeder Ship(if we will ever see one)... till then we dont have a stable basis to speculate.
                    For all we know the seeder ships could be prototype replicator driven.

Comment

Originally posted by Makenshi View Post
                      I still think there are ascended ancients doing all this gate-seeding experiment and stuff...
                      That kinda goes against what we've been told. What makes you think that?
                      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
                        I think that the Ancients sent out seeder ships from Earth in all directions, seeding any galaxies they come across to maximize the amount of Stargate's placed. Then, several Destiny's (not just one) were launched, each one following a different seeder. This would make a lot more sense than just having the Destiny exploring the gates placed by several seeders.

Also, the Universe is potentially infinite, which means the seeders will never stop seeding Stargate's, which means the Destiny will never stop following them exploring the planets seeded by the seeders. The whole experiment would have been pointless if the Destiny caught up with a seeder, or over took it, because then it wouldn't be able to explore the gate seeded planets, which is the entire purpose of it. The Ancients would have known this and made sure the seeders and Destiny were moving and roughly the same speed, so they would remain the same distance apart.
                        The Destiny is following multiple seeder ships, or at least multiple seeder ships were sent out and then one ship, the Destiny. There could of course be other seeder ships and another Destiny sent off in a different direction. However, you cannot change the cannon-established fact that there were multiple seeder ships in advance of the Destiny.

It would be idiotic, stupid for the Ancient to only have one seeder being followed by one other Destiny-class ship. For one, if the seeder ship was destroyed or stopped working the other ship would be lost as well. Also, if there was only one seeder ship and that seeder ship did not encounter any planets or minerals for a long time, or whatever the Destiny would be lost and wouldn't have enough planets to explore. With multiple seeder ships the Ancient made sure that the Destiny would have a lot of options and data as so that it could actually plot a good, worth-while course to examine several planets/locations.

I do agree that it would be pointless if the Destiny at some time caught up with the seeder ships! However, I must point out that the relative speed is the same while the absolute speeds can differ. The gap stays about the same, but the seeder ships may actually fly slower or faster, stop more or less etc. while the Destiny may be "zig-zagging" and may have a higher top speed etc. We just don't know.
                        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                          The Destiny is following multiple seeder ships, or at least multiple seeder ships were sent out and then one ship, the Destiny. There could of course be other seeder ships and another Destiny sent off in a different direction. However, you cannot change the cannon-established fact that there were multiple seeder ships in advance of the Destiny.

It would be idiotic, stupid for the Ancient to only have one seeder being followed by one other Destiny-class ship. For one, if the seeder ship was destroyed or stopped working the other ship would be lost as well. Also, if there was only one seeder ship and that seeder ship did not encounter any planets or minerals for a long time, or whatever the Destiny would be lost and wouldn't have enough planets to explore. With multiple seeder ships the Ancient made sure that the Destiny would have a lot of options and data as so that it could actually plot a good, worth-while course to examine several planets/locations.

I do agree that it would be pointless if the Destiny at some time caught up with the seeder ships! However, I must point out that the relative speed is the same while the absolute speeds can differ. The gap stays about the same, but the seeder ships may actually fly slower or faster, stop more or less etc. while the Destiny may be "zig-zagging" and may have a higher top speed etc. We just don't know.
                          I am in awe of your well thought out, and detailed posts.

I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Makenshi View Post
                            Really, I can't see any AI system doing things on such a scale unless they are replicator level... and that means they would become conscious just like Asurans, which leads to the high possibility of them thinking "screw this".

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                            That kinda goes against what we've been told. What makes you think that?
                            Yeah we already know this is pre-ascension. Yea, yea the time lines are kinda goofy as they haven't really been nailed down and anal retentive fans are clamouring for more details.
                            How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

As long as we at least see what these ships look like at some point, I'll be happy. One thing this series would benefit from is more ships, ones that can travel in FTL with the destiny.

I think it's what made series like Babylon 5 and BSG so popular that all these different ships had entirely different atmospheres and personalities to them.

If not that, then we need to see something significant revealed in the other parts of the Destiny.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

Working...
                              X