First off a few notes:
Character bios will be in another thread
This game is in a AU Universe between Stargate SG 1, Stargate Atlantis, and Starcraft. (there is curently no mentions of Icarus Base or Destiny ship in this game however characters from SGU are welcome on either galaxy (Atlantis or Earth))
PLEASE NOTE: This thread is not a gameplay thread, please do not post within this thread. thank you.
Please Note: Pictures of characters are only to be posted in the Character Bios thread, under no circumstances can any pictures be placed in any in game thread
1 General rules and index post
2 Character sheet post
4 Alesian Timeline
5 Current Events
[THESE RULES APPLY TO EVERYONE EQUALLY, NO EXCEPTIONS]
*Before You Apply*
If you are interested in joining this game, please do the following things before you apply:
*The Main rules when playing the game*
- Read this entire thread of Guidelines.
- Read the Character Sheets thread for the sheet(s) relevant to the type of character(s) you would like to play.
- At least skim over the IC game threads. Get a feel for my GMing style and the roleplaying style of the other players already in the game. While I won't require you to know all the details of the plot that occurred before your character begins play, having a general grasp of the storylines will help you decide whether you would enjoy playing here, and with this gaming group.
- I am always happy to answer any questions you may have, but I do expect you to read the notice thread (this one) in its entirety, as many of the common basic questions are already answered in here.
A note: I want players who want to play here because they enjoy the game. Not because they know me (or another player) from elsewhere, or feel inclined/obligated to participated for political reasons. If you have metagame reasons for applying, please consider carefully whether you would truly enjoy being here for the game itself.
- DON'T: No godmodding, makes the game no fun when people do this.(as in: making your character better then the rest.)
- DON't: (Just for the heck of it) The Asgard are not to be reffered to as Little Green Men.
- DO: Game Masters words are final. (The list of Game Masters is in the Social Group for the game) If you do not agree with what a Game Master has decided, odds are I wont overrule their ruling on the matter (so listen and take heed)
- DON'T: No killing others' characters, injuring OK. Killing not OK.(unless said characters are Jaffa/Wraith with no names then they're fair game.)
- DO: Have Fun. This is a rule you know
- DO: Try to post At least once a week, if unable to do so post in Leave of Absence thread so every body knows.
- DO: When speaking in colored text you must use the "" marks at all times, you may use colors if you so wish to (a list of what colors to not use will shortly be posted), please see next post for more on this
- DO: Please post in third person view and past tense at all times, it makes it easier when editing for a better flow for the story. you will only be told here and here alone for this rule
- DO: Please respect others, thank you, you will get one warning then will be removed if you ignore the warning.
- NOTICE: this game is classed as Mature, meaning that there will be scenes of battle and bloodshed, please note that this does not mean characters and players can swear every few words or so.
- Take Note: There is a INJURED list of those that are currently Injured in Action(IIA) and/or Killed in Action(KIA), please note those that are injured, those playing Medical doctors for each side will know what team members to tend to, (please ask me for list)
- Take Note: Within this game flows like a story for each mission, each character is played by the player in question, note that even though each player can't be here all the time, if you have permission to post the character in question by the player, you may do so, unless told otherwise, please focus on your own character(s)
- DON'T: Delete in game posts, it screws up the story flow.
- DON'T: post a OOC line in a IC post, this is to be only in the OOC thread, UNLESS there is IC action being responded to along with a line of OOC asking for info of what is happening, Please do not just post a OOC post in in Game threads
- GENERAL NOTE: Have fun.
- GENERAL NOTE: Read ALL threads in this game to keep up to date with what is happening at all times.
There are three types of threads in this game, Planet based, mission, and ships. These threads are noted as follows. "Planet name; area of in game events" "Mission to (planet name); area of in game events" "Ship name; area of in game events" To move from thread to thread, please use "--> planet/ship/mission to" To tell which thread you are moving to, when co0ming from another thread please use "<-- from planet/ship/mission to"
Send me (Princess Awinita), 343 Guilty Spark, or AtlantisRules!!! a short Visitor Message detailing as simply as possible that you would like to play in this game, this is currently restricted to cannon characters from SGA & SG1 for both teams and crews as of season three of Atlantis and season 7 of SG1, and also for the characters before going to Icarus Base in SGU (note rule about no mentioning of anything currently happening in SGU as this is an AU game). the VM should be around 50 or so words in length.
NOTICE: Before posting within this game you must first be part of the social group for the game located in the Social Groups area of gateworld
NOTICE: We welcome everyone to join our game and wish to extend that many characters are currently being played by everyone known as a Nonplayer Caharacter (NPC), cuyrrently this is everyone not marked in Blue, we would like for all characters to be taken, and also welcome everyone new to the game and to the idea of roleplaying, we can teach.
Writing format guidelines
Please take note of these part of the post for it contains important information.
Inactivty and leaving the game
- You may use colors for speaking in posts, please use quotations marks (") around all text AT ALL TIMES
- Do not use the quote feature, if you are to quote another post, please use smallest text possible and keep it short and simple
- Fonts are allowed but please do not go fruitbat on them. basic font for the game is Verdana & Curier New
- Thoughts and memories are to be in itilacs and single quote marks (')
- OOC comments are to be in the OOC thread ONLY
- (If playing a System Lord (SL)) bold text regardless of speaking color is to be used at all times only for speaking in dialogue
- Do not use astertisks (*) to emote actions or anything in ingame posts
- Do not post smilies of any kind in an in game post
*Inactivity and Leaving the Game*
A player that does not post for a week (7 x 24 hours from last in game post), who has not given notice in the Leave of Absence thread or otherwise notified me of out-of-game difficulties, and who is in an IC thread with other PCs that are waiting for their post, will be assumed to do nothing during that time and I will continue things accordingly.In general, I will not allow any character to hold up a thread for longer than a week.(7 x 24 hours from last in game post *to the MINUTE*)
Players that have left the game due to Real Life reasons, or who do not sign into the game for 30+ days, will have their character(s) recategorized under NPC status. I will also begin writing you out of the game. I have no interest in chasing after errant players. I do not ask more than once for people's whereabouts; if you truly want to play here you will do so all by yourself, without constant reminders.
Players under NPC status may return to the game later if they so choose. If I liked you enough to allow you into the game the first time, and you haven't done anything to severely annoy me since then, you are welcome to return. You might not be able to play your original characters by that point, in which case you will have to undergo the Chargen Gauntlet again.
Sometimes things don't work out, and you want/need to leave the game as a direct result of something you dislike about the game. Please tell me why you did not enjoy the game, and/or what went wrong (tactfully, if possible). I would prefer to work out any problems before things reach a point of no return but I understand and respect your wishes if you don't wish to continue (so long as you tell me so, and don't just wander off never to be seen again, leaving everyone else hanging).
And lastle a small note I would like to share.....
In a few games that I have been in, and looked at whilest overseeing new players for this game I have noticed this and have given it much thought
that, to make this game more story, or book worthy, I think if we can at least manage half of the following for a good post, we should be OK.
A good post should contain
This was given to me in a old game (now long gone from ther world save for this piece here, which is quoted....)
So, that said, if we cut this in half, we get the following.Originally Posted by Naeth Nivshire (Nirlaith RPG)
100 words of scenario description (location, thought, and scenery)
100 words of action (movement, attacks, why and reasons for them.)
50 words of speaking (what they say, why they say it, and how they say it)
If we can manage at least this for each post, we should have us a good bookworthy game.
Please note that you need not go by this setup for posting at all times, if you can only manage a simple five line paragraph that will be fine.
Please also note that these rules will and can be edited as time allows or if need arises.