This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Days...

I had to start this thread. ... I really really missed SG1 and Atlantis. I feel like a part of me has vanished!..ok maybe not that extreme but similar. Those two shows used to give me so much imagination and hopes... A different kind of weird, scifyie kind of hope

I'm a believer and I like weird things. Scifi is weird enough and I believe so strongly of another planet in a distant galaxy that when I watch SG1.. Watching them exploring different portals... It's excitement all over. And now... SGU... it's just a drama with the idea of Scifi... I'm so sad... no more excitement... *sniff*

But really... Do you guys have any other suggestion of a show that are similar to SG1/Atlantis/Babylon 5 that I've missed? NO Battlestar Galactica... That show is depressing.. lol.

And am I alone on this.. do u too miss SG1 and SGA? And not so much on SGU?

You're not alone, I miss SG1/SGA as well. Why not buy the seasons on Dvd? That way you'd be able to watch them as many times as you like

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
      I don't think you're alone on it.

I watched SGA simply because it was Stargate, the latter seasons were terrible. I hung on, hoping they'd show the same level of tension, intelligence, and subtlety that pre-S8 SG-1 did. Alas not. I was happy when SGA was cancelled as there was no guarantee that S6 would've actually been an improvement. I was overjoyed when I heard there'd be another SG*, but this time for the more sophisticated audience.

But yeah, nothing beats Jack-era SG-1. Yet.
      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

i like SGU, it's great, and IMO better than SGA. but nothing, nothing can beat SG1

Comment

I don't miss SG-1 and especially SGA. I'm very glad that I can watch SGU, which is more mature and well-written show than SG-1/SGA ever was
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Agreed with g.o.d. here. If you miss oldskool SG1, there's 8 seasons on reruns and dvd. If you miss oldskool Stargate, there's 15 seasons of them! If you're looking for something new and fresh, there's SGU.

Yep, gotta love how people are complaining back when SG1 and SGA was still on 'they're repeating the same ideas! why can't they do something new and original?'. Then came SGU, and people were shouting 'this isn't the stargate I grew to love! why can't they do the same as the FIFTEEN seasons before?'.
            Mia: Don't you hate that?
            Vincent: Hate what?
            Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
            Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
            Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I miss SG1, but I love SGU, and I'm trying to forget that SGA ever happened.
              sigpic

Comment

sgu... pardon me while i vomit.
                i am very sad sga is gone, but i can brighten my day by watching sg1 reruns. pre s7, of course. im looking into the sci fi/western series firefly. havent watched any, but it sounds cool.

Comment

Yep, gotta love how people are complaining back when SG1 and SGA was still on 'they're repeating the same ideas! why can't they do something new and original?'. Then came SGU, and people were shouting 'this isn't the stargate I grew to love! why can't they do the same as the FIFTEEN seasons before?'.
                  re-using ideas happens all the time. in the end, however, they just upped the visual pleasure, not the depth of the plot. barely anything in Sci Fi is original. the way it is done, IS. Identity was horrible regarding the bodyswitch, but SGU does pretty fine with it. EATG: invasion happened a million times. this time, it went uberfast, looked ubercool, and made barely any sense. extremely rushed episode. slow the place and do a two parter, and it would be everyone's favorite.

that was the problem. SGA visually went up, but the plot got shallower, the humor got shallower. SG1 was great because of the interaction, but in the end SGA was just "crack a joke" humor

Comment

I had to start this thread. ... I really really missed SG1 and Atlantis. I feel like a part of me has vanished!..ok maybe not that extreme but similar. Those two shows used to give me so much imagination and hopes... A different kind of weird, scifyie kind of hope

I'm a believer and I like weird things. Scifi is weird enough and I believe so strongly of another planet in a distant galaxy that when I watch SG1.. Watching them exploring different portals... It's excitement all over. And now... SGU... it's just a drama with the idea of Scifi... I'm so sad... no more excitement... *sniff*

But really... Do you guys have any other suggestion of a show that are similar to SG1/Atlantis/Babylon 5 that I've missed? NO Battlestar Galactica... That show is depressing.. lol.

Farscape.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

...there are now 1000 threads on this subject. But before it's merged; I loved SG-1, started out loving Atlantis, ended up hating Atlantis, and am now madly head-over-heels in love with Universe.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

yep I too miss the old sg1 and sga. SGU doesn't do "it" for me. I have all 15 seasons on dvd and enjoy them often ... Try firefly (see below) or the new V (even the original V was good)

Originally posted by awsed24 View Post
                        sgu... pardon me while i vomit.
                        i am very sad sga is gone, but i can brighten my day by watching sg1 reruns. pre s7, of course. im looking into the sci fi/western series firefly. havent watched any, but it sounds cool.
                        Yep try firefly...I bought it on a whim and fell in love with it. it was interesting as well as fun. Had something fascinating things to say about the human experieince as well.

Comment

I very much miss Sg1 and Atlantis. It became a integral part of my life. Every Monday Sci-Fi would show back to back episodes of SG1 and one whole week they showed an Atlantis marathon! I would watch them all, reruns or not. The funny thing is, Sci-Fi wouldn't show all seasons. Season 8 was new but I was getting excited form watching previous seasons(i didn't know season numbers back then). An older episode would end in To Be Continued, and I would get very excited and scream NOOOOOOO! But unfortunately TV shows don't last forever, I found other shows to watch.

Comment

Yeah, you are not the only one. I really miss SG-1, especially SGA (my favorite). I always imagine and of course I believe that we are not alone (that would be selfish to think about it). You have no idea how happy I am, if I can see starry night and to think/dream that there's life out there.

I haven't seen SGU yet, only a trailer so I have no opinion. (that sentence was pointless, I don't know why I wrote it )

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              ...there are now 1000 threads on this subject. But before it's merged; I loved SG-1, started out loving Atlantis, ended up hating Atlantis, and am now madly head-over-heels in love with Universe.
                              That pretty much sums up my feelings about the three shows.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X