This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Resistance (Video Game)

The company working on the mmorpg "Stargate Worlds" Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment. Recently announced in a cryptic Thanksgiving message to the SGW forums was the name of the new game. The message had parts of the message done in Capitals, which spelt out resistance. Also before the message was put up the Stargate Resistance forums were accidentally leaked and locked to the public a day later.

hi all! just wanted to say thanks for all the love and suppoRt you've given us over the yEars. it meanS the world to us, and we hope you'll enjoy the work we've been doIng here. i Sincerely hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving, ANd Can't wait to show you what wE've been doing here very soon!

shane
    It is unclear what will be in the game. But I recently discovered info regarding a unannounced title (could be Stargate:Resistance) the game will be a 3rd person shooter and will use the Unreal 3 engine.

Woot sounds good but an FPS would be more up my street !

Comment

Is there any actual evidence that this is a reference to a new game?

Comment

The director of QA accidentally released a post on Stargate:Resistance before taking it down.

Comment

Cool, so the company that's working on the vaporware SGW title is now working on another title?

Yeah, that has a lot of promise.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Trying to not get too excited in case it never gets finished but can't help it - This news has me stoked! I prefer 3rd person shooters. Love the game title too! Hope we get more info on it soon!
            Last edited by gategoat; 28 November 2009, 02:11 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

If it is no longer an MMO then I will get excited. I'm not trusting anything just yet.

Comment

Why don't they actually get Stargate Worlds finished before starting a new game ? If they can not finish one game what makes anyone think they will finish two ? Unless Stargate Worlds ends up dead ? & heck why not just finish up SG-1: The Alliance ? & release that on PSN & XBLA

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                  Why don't they actually get Stargate Worlds finished before starting a new game ? If they can not finish one game what makes anyone think they will finish two ? Unless Stargate Worlds ends up dead ? & heck why not just finish up SG-1: The Alliance ? & release that on PSN & XBLA
                  CME have nothing to do with Stargate The Alliance. AS for Stargate Worlds it is still in development. I believe they are just dividing their resources for both games but don't quote me on that one.

Comment

Awsome. I hope it happens. I really hope SG Worlds gets done but i to would love to have a FPS for sure!

I wished SG-1 :Alliance came out it looked like an awsome game.

One can only hope that we'll see them released *fingercrossed*
                    GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

I'm more interested in Resistance. Unfortunately I don't have the time to devoted to an MMO but I still want a SG game so this is exciting.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I'm starting to think there will never be a Stargate game. This aspect of the franchise is obviously cursed. Already in 1997 there was one in development (I remember seeing screenshots with lots of Anubis headed Jaffa)... so my guess is if they can't make a decent SG game in 12 years, they either aren't really trying or they are unable. Either way, I'm not optimistic.

Club Mats likes you.

Comment

Well, the biggest problem is the crossover in the fanbase. Most (definitely not all) SG fans I know are fans of something else first and foremost, and so
                          are more likely to support games/books/whatever of that franchise first. I myself am even guilty of that, though I support SG merch whenever I can.

Unfortunately, I think that until SG becomes a truly blockbuster franchise, something of Star Wars or Terminator proportions, we're just not going to see the games that StarGate deserves.
                          "All I wanna do is see the universe and eat pie"
                          "Who doesn't?"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Domino View Post
                            Well, the biggest problem is the crossover in the fanbase. Most (definitely not all) SG fans I know are fans of something else first and foremost, and so
                            are more likely to support games/books/whatever of that franchise first. I myself am even guilty of that, though I support SG merch whenever I can.

Unfortunately, I think that until SG becomes a truly blockbuster franchise, something of Star Wars or Terminator proportions, we're just not going to see the games that StarGate deserves.
                            Well Stargate is probably a bigger Franchise than Terminator since the past two Terminator films haven't been as good as the first two. Plus Stargate has a very rich universe, something Terminator doesn't have. Star Trek and Star Wars on the other hand are still massive compared to Stargate.

Also after thinking about the whole premise of Stargate (SG-1) it fits really well with an MMO or a Video Game in general since it is four people who go through the gate together on missions and get technology for defense against the enemy. So Worlds, or Resistance, or whatever games will come in the future will be good and won't be as bad as the Farscape game.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishCommander View Post
                              Well Stargate is probably a bigger Franchise than Terminator
                              I doubt that very much.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X