Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would an Enemy save the crew from themselve?(spoiler& spec)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far Col Young has been able to hold the crew together .
    But the crew is cracking under the stress

-Col Young and Col Telford 's problem is getting out of hand.

-Col Young doesn't Dr Rush ,and has Eli double checking Rush work.

-Rush does whatever he want to further his own agenda ,he lied to the crew about away to get home just to improve thier productivities .And now the crew doesn't trust him.

Now the spoiler about an ememy
    Spoiler:
    Kiva boards the Destiny by a redesigned Goa'uld cargo ship and holds several of the crew hostage. (SGU: "Subversion", "Incursion")

Retrieved from "http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Kiva"

That could be interesing and such powerful enemy from Milkyway could unit the crew together.

If the spoiler is true, how could they bring such large equipement from the milkyway, such powerful enemy could bring hopes to the crew of getting home using their resource.

Think sooner.

Spoiler:
    Spoilers indicate an enemy - alien-y enemy - two episodes from now, which may have the same effect.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Does anyone know if the spoilers regarding the:

Spoiler:
      Modified Goa'uld Cargo ship being how Kira reaches the Destiny, are true or not? If so that would be disappointing...to hav the destiny "billions of light years" out and have a freaking CARGO SHIP reach it! For cryin' out loud!!
      Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post

So far Col Young has been able to hold the crew together .
        But the crew is cracking under the stress

-Col Young and Col Telford 's problem is getting out of hand.

-Col Young doesn't Dr Rush ,and has Eli double checking Rush work.

-Rush does whatever he want to further his own agenda ,he lied to the crew about away to get home just to improve thier productivities .And now the crew doesn't trust him.

Now the spoiler about an ememy
        Spoiler:
        Kiva boards the Destiny by a redesigned Goa'uld cargo ship and holds several of the crew hostage. (SGU: "Subversion", "Incursion")

Retrieved from "http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Kiva"

That could be interesing and such powerful enemy from Milkyway could unit the crew together.

If the spoiler is true, how could they bring such large equipement from the milkyway, such powerful enemy could bring hopes to the crew of getting home using their resource.
        That’s the point of SGU, with no looming enemy constantly over their heads, tptb can put more character conflict in SGU. They stated they couldn’t do that with previous shows, for instance in Atlantis they were constantly at war with the wraith or the replicators so having the people on Atlantis bickering over things would have been stupid and unrealistic. With SGU, having no constant enemy means they can focus on character conflict. I’m sure at points however they will bring enemies out, as spoilers suggest, adding to the drama of having people like Rush and Young who hate each other be forced to work together to survive.

Comment

if you can offer a reputable source that
          Spoiler:
          they use a cargo ship to make it aboard
          ill accept that.....Stargate wiki is NOT a reputable source

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            if you can offer a reputable source that
            Spoiler:
            they use a cargo ship to make it aboard
            ill accept that.....Stargate wiki is NOT a reputable source
            Spoiler:
            I've read the casting sides for Kiva, the leader of the Lucian Alliance incursion force, and the sides specify that she brings Telford/Rush (Rush's mind in Telford's body) to the hold of a cargo ship described as "similar to the old Goa'uld version, but without all the gold paint." Later scenes specify that Kiva is in the Destiny's gateroom, with some of her men, some of whom drag unconscious Destiny personnel into the room.

I don't know if you'd consider me to be a reputable source, since I'm new here to the boards, but that's what the casting sides say. Somehow, Kiva and her men get aboard the destiny, and they do appear to arrive in a cargo ship that at least resembles an old Goa'uld ship.
            Last edited by Rhoswen; 24 November 2009, 04:40 AM. Reason: Edited to fix spelling of a character's name.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post

Spoiler:
              Modified Goa'uld Cargo ship being how Kira reaches the Destiny, are true or not? If so that would be disappointing...to hav the destiny "billions of light years" out and have a freaking CARGO SHIP reach it! For cryin' out loud!!
              If its true then SGU has jumped the shark.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                Well, we don't know yet
                Spoiler:
                how the cargo ship got out to where the Destiny is. But I don't see why the explanation would necessarily be any less plausible than the existence in the show of ZPM's, FTL drives, stargates, stones that can allow people billions of miles away to exchange minds/bodies, floaty kino balls, aliens that speak English, etc.

I don't see why there couldn't be some as-yet-unknown reason for a cargo ship to be out where the Destiny is.

Whether or not that reason is shark-jumping worthy remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                  "The way I see it, it isn't Jumping the Shark if you never come back down!"

That and...

Spoiler:
                  The spoilers are unreliable until proven otherwise in some cases.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                    That’s the point of SGU, with no looming enemy constantly over their heads, tptb can put more character conflict in SGU. They stated they couldn’t do that with previous shows, for instance in Atlantis they were constantly at war with the wraith or the replicators so having the people on Atlantis bickering over things would have been stupid and unrealistic. With SGU, having no constant enemy means they can focus on character conflict. I’m sure at points however they will bring enemies out, as spoilers suggest, adding to the drama of having people like Rush and Young who hate each other be forced to work together to survive.
                    The problem is, that's all they have is character conflict and the occassional physical danger. The show is being run by personal growth....but it should be situations that they get into that lead that growth. As some one here said...pro-active characters are much more interesting than what we are getting now.
                    It feels good to be alive.
                    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post

Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:
                      It probably involves Kiva kidnapping Telford/Rush then using the stones to get to the Destiny
                      Last edited by jelgate; 24 November 2009, 06:32 AM.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
                        The problem is, that's all they have is character conflict and the occassional physical danger. The show is being run by personal growth....but it should be situations that they get into that lead that growth. As some one here said...pro-active characters are much more interesting than what we are getting now.
                        Sorry what? The character conflict comes from them argueing about how to deal with different situations, at this point that being one of survival and the different tasks that entails. I don’t know what you think happens on SGU, but it’s not like the characters argue with each other for no reason.

Comment

Um, in regards to this spoiler above, it doesn't make sense anyway:
                          Spoiler:
                          Telford/Rush (Rush's mind in Telford's body)

Spoiler:
                          How exactly does Rush get into Telford's body when Telford's body is on Earth. Shouldn't it be Telford in Rush's body? And frankly, I'll believe it when I see it. I doubt Rush would take the risk of using the communication stones and not being allowed to go back to Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                            Um, in regards to this spoiler above, it doesn't make sense anyway:
                            Spoiler:
                            Telford/Rush (Rush's mind in Telford's body)

Spoiler:
                            How exactly does Rush get into Telford's body when Telford's body is on Earth. Shouldn't it be Telford in Rush's body? And frankly, I'll believe it when I see it. I doubt Rush would take the risk of using the communication stones and not being allowed to go back to Destiny.

Spoiler:
                            Believe me, I'm as confused as you are by Telford's actual body being aboard the cargo ship. And later, apparently, aboard the Destiny, standing next to Kiva when she takes over the gateroom.

But, you don't have to just take my word for it anymore. I've actually found a web site where for $6 anyone can download the sides for Kiva, completely legally, as a non-member of the site, showfax.com. That's right, folks. The site is NOT where I got my sides, and I don't work for them or endorse them or anything, but I know that it's a legitimate casting site and is used by industry professionals. The $6 fee = $1/per page of sides. I have 6 pages of sides for Kiva, so it would stand to reason that you'd end up with the 6 pages of sides that I've also read if you download the sides from showfax.com.

As a bonus, you can also download the sides for episode 117, Lost, if you so desire. (But that's an extra $11, so you may want to have a friend or two chip in for the others unless you've got a total of $17 to spare.)

Here you go - just scroll down until you get to the sides for Stargate Universe:

http://www.showfax.com/project_selection.cfm?l=1&t=1

If for some reason that link doesn't work, go to http://www.showfax.com and follow the links for "Get Sides," "Los Angeles" and "Episodics" and then scroll down.

Merry early Christmas
                            Last edited by Rhoswen; 24 November 2009, 03:42 PM. Reason: To add the additional cost for the other sides.

Comment

For gods sakes, am I the only one that thinks a human race being the big bad at the end of the season is a bloody terrible idea?

I mean come on the whole point of the series is that they're on the other side of the frickin universe, GIVE US A BETTER ENEMY THEN AN AVERAGE ACTRESS BEING THE LEADER OF AN ENEMEY WE'VE ALREADY FACED!!

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

Working...
                              X