anyone else just totaly confused?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone else just totaly confused?

i dunno about anyone else but i really liked this ep just found it so damn confusing that i really dont know what happened ? if any one does get it please fill me in on your theory....
    sigpic

Nope, I thought the episode laid it down all well and good. No confusion for me...
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

well do you care to lay it out for me then ? i got the basics of the story like the significance of the bugs and stuff like that .. it was just the timeline that got me confused
      sigpic

Comment

I’ll try to help you out, and I’ll assume that you never watched SG1 or SGA.

When the wormhole from a Stargate passes through or near a solar flare one of several things can happen

1. nothing happens, and the wormhole connects as usual
        2. the flare causes the wormhole to jump anywhere from a few minutes to dozens of millennia into the future
        3. the flare causes the wormhole to jump anywhere from a few minutes to dozens of millennia into the past
        4. the wormhole doubles back on itself and you arrive through the gate you left through

So what happened was, the Prime Destiny crew arrived on Jungleland (what I’m calling that planet for now) and, as usual, Eli documented everything via Kino.
        Everyone died except Rush and Eli.
        Rush went through the gate possibly committing suicide
        Eli – in the end – sent the Kino through the gate hoping that it would make it to the Destiny in real time.

However, the gate was flickering due to interference from a solar flare. (which they did not know at the time) AND, it also doubled back on itself (which they also did not know at the time), thus when Eli sent the Kino through, he thought he was sending it to the Destiny in real time, however, he was actually, albeit unknowingly, sending it at least a couple of days into the past and onto Jungleland.
        We’ll call this Kino the Prime Kino.

The Prime Kino arrived on Jungleland at a point in the past prior to when the Prime Destiny crew arrived.

When the regular Destiny crew arrived on Jungleland (the crew we saw arrive at the beginning of the episode), Eli found the Prime Kino, began watching it I believe, and because everyone on the Prime Kino’s transmission was a member of the Destiny crew, the real crew returned to the Destiny and watched the rest of the Prime Kino’s recording.

Rush then figured out that a solar flare had caused the Prime wormhole to both jump backwards in time and double back on itself, and figured out when that would happen.

They returned to Jungleland, Scott made a final recording on the Kino and sent that Kino through the time-travelling gate. That way, when the Destiny crew arrives on Jungleland and Eli finds a Kino, THAT Kino will have all the information they need regarding Jungleland, the sickness, the alien creatures, and the solar flare, thus allowing them to complete the mission before they get sick and start dying.

someone help me out and fill in any gaps i may have missed.
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post

When the wormhole from a Stargate passes through or near a solar flare one of several things can happen

2. the flare causes the wormhole to jump anywhere from a few minutes to dozens of millennia into the future
          3. the flare causes the wormhole to jump anywhere from a few minutes to dozens of millennia into the past
          4. the wormhole doubles back on itself and you arrive through the gate you left through

So what happened was, the Prime Destiny crew arrived on Jungleland (what I’m calling that planet for now) and, as usual, Eli documented everything via Kino.
          Eli – in the end – sent the Kino through the gate hoping that it would make it to the Destiny in real time.

However, the gate was flickering due to interference from a solar flare. (which they did not know at the time) AND, it also doubled back on itself (which they also did not know at the time), thus when Eli sent the Kino through, he thought he was sending it to the Destiny in real time, however, he was actually, albeit unknowingly, sending it at least a couple of days into the past and onto Jungleland.

The Prime Kino arrived on Jungleland at a point in the past prior to when the Prime Destiny crew arrived.

When the regular Destiny crew arrived on Jungleland (the crew we saw arrive at the beginning of the episode), Eli found the Prime Kino, began watching it I believe, and because everyone on the Prime Kino’s transmission was a member of the Destiny crew, the real crew returned to the Destiny and watched the rest of the Prime Kino’s recording.

Rush then figured out that a solar flare had caused the Prime wormhole to both jump backwards in time and double back on itself, and figured out when that would happen.

They returned to Jungleland, Scott made a final recording on the Kino and sent that Kino through the time-travelling gate. That way, when the Destiny crew arrives on Jungleland and Eli finds a Kino, THAT Kino will have all the information they need regarding Jungleland, the sickness, the alien creatures, and the solar flare, thus allowing them to complete the mission before they get sick and start dying.

Right about everything, but it was Scott who sent the first kino through too.

Comment

*Nevermind*

Comment

Originally posted by Terra Atlantus View Post
              *Nevermind*
              ???

Comment

Sounds top notch to me except for one minor point. How did the Prime Kino make it back to the Destiny, with the ship returning.

This sparks in to a variety of reasons that perhaps you may be able to clarify it for me.

1) The Prime Kino was sent through the gate in the past before the Solar Flare allowing them to then watch it on the ship "in the past".
                2) The Prime Kino was sent through the gate along with the Destiny crew, aware that the planet was not the origin of the "sickness", but rather the water supply.
                3) Some unknown explanation that may be clarified in "Life".

Comment

• timeline 1 destiny crew goes to planet and dies and leaves a kino

• timeline 2 destiny crew finds kino and watches themselves die one by one. and realizes that there's something in the water their found a couple eps back. scott leaves kino explaing the whole issue. and how to fix it

• timeline 3 team finds kino and now knows that the planet is dangerous and how to solve the issue with the water. and no one is dead.
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Whats confusing?
                    Spoiler:
                    You spin the Wheel of Mayhem to go up the Ladder of Chance; you go past the Mud Hut; through the Rainbow Ring to get to the Golden Monkey; you yank his tail, and BOOM you're in paradise pond!
                    Bamboozled
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WindowsME View Post
                      Sounds top notch to me except for one minor point. How did the Prime Kino make it back to the Destiny, with the ship returning.

This sparks in to a variety of reasons that perhaps you may be able to clarify it for me.

1) The Prime Kino was sent through the gate in the past before the Solar Flare allowing them to then watch it on the ship "in the past".
                      2) The Prime Kino was sent through the gate along with the Destiny crew, aware that the planet was not the origin of the "sickness", but rather the water supply.
                      3) Some unknown explanation that may be clarified in "Life".
                      wasn't the Prime Kino sent through the solar-flare-affected wormhole, thus arriving in the past?

Comment

???
                        I wrote something similiar to what blahdkm wrote, but deleted it.

Comment

lol thanx everyone for your attempts at explaining... i do understand how the solar flares affect the wormhole that wasnt what confused me... i was just unsure when it came to the timelines... thats all.. just couldnt figure out how to connect it all together
                          sigpic

Comment

Also, one other summary mistake. The crew we see arriving in the beginning of the episode is NOT the regular crew BUT the first crew who get killed and find no Kino. The regular crew are seen in Brody's and James's flashback.
                            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

One more thing, the first kino and rush were sent back more then a couple of days, the fist crew (the one that died) found human remains (Rush (He run through the wormhole after saying "For a moment there i thought we were in trouble")). So the wormhole sent the kino back far enough for Rush to decompose lol.
                              SG-1 was the best
                              SG-A was just as awesome

SG-U should CONTINUE!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X