No announcement yet.

Next Tuesday (208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked the episode. I think I've liked all the Helen & Will episodes, actually. We learned a bit about both of them, had some adventure and I actually kind of liked the way it ended. We didn't really need to see the ultimate rescue. Good to see Helen relaxed with a friend even if by videophone--Olaf, hmm.

Favorite line: "They're both in Germany, Will." Just the way Helen/AT said it was great!

Molly Brown having saved Helen was a bit obvious, but I still liked it for the historical reference.

I loved that Ashley was mentioned. In a way I wanted them to talk more about her, but I Helen is so reserved--so of course she wouldn't mention the birthday before--that it probably wouldn't have been in character. And I think Will's learning not to push too much.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
      Hee, that was a great reference.

I also liked the callback to Pavor Nocturnus with Will's 'Bring on the Hail Mary' and Helen's reaction to that.
      Yes. And bonus points for * trusting the audience to get it* and not drawing attention to it other than Helen's slight reaction.

Comment

i 've always thought helen being on the titanic was a gimme

and yeah, i did wonder how come she didn't think 'let's use these nice big cables and climb out
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wet Helen bossing around, flying a helicopter, throwing knives, and cracking jokes.... Me likes!

Fun episode. I loved the Helen/Will interaction. They are really good friends but there are still so many things they need to learn about each other (especially Will about Helen).

I love the call back to Ashley, and the fact that she isn't forgotten from the show.

Really enjoyed the Titanic part too. Umm.... Olaf... just.... NO.... seriously.
          sigpic

Comment

It was a fun ep but I was expecting more.
            I like that the tittle is that tiny reference at the end, but something that drives the action of the characters throughout the ep, or at least Magnus actions lol

Dont think those are the tipes of cables you can just climb. Those look like the cut, plus its a long way up.

As for Olaf, considering this is the presidente of Werder Bremen
            I dont think that bald guy was so bad lol

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
              Helen bossing around, flying a helicopter, throwing knives, and cracking jokes.... Me likes!

Fun episode. I loved the Helen/Will interaction. They are really good friends but there are still so many things they need to learn about each other (especially Will about Helen).

I love the call back to Ashley, and the fact that she isn't forgotten from the show.
              Yeah this is what I liked about the episode.

Really enjoyed the Titanic part too. Umm.... Olaf... just.... NO.... seriously.
              Well she did say it had been decades since she last saw him.....

Originally posted by kes View Post
              Dont think those are the tipes of cables you can just climb. Those look like the cut, plus its a long way up.

Also slippery with wet hands and the incline was pretty steep.
              sigpic

Comment

Really enjoyed the action and the give and play between Helen and Will. I had read a blurb saying that this ep showcased how friends could be at each others necks sometimes and be so dysfunctional, but still remain and even grow closer through it. I saw this, but I think I expected more. Oh don't get me wrong, there definitely was tension, but not the level I guess I was expecting.

I did love the moment when Will revealed how lonely he was since Clara's death (and the reason for the internet meet up with Sigrid). Helen's answer was very matter-of-fact (Helen: Goes with the territory I'm afraid.), but I sensed a underlying layer of her own loneliness as well. I know it's been said before here, but to live that long and to see so many people she has loved pass away... It makes me more appreciate the strength of Helen when something like this might normally make one very bitter, I believe.

Lots and lots of brilliant lines in this one too that just made me laugh.

Loved the 'ello beastie' moment when 'squidley' reared out of the water.

Will: What is it with you and flying anyway?
                Helen: Two crashes in 158 years? That's not bad.
                Will: They only invented flying 110 years ago so...

Will: You just blew the whole thing... It's..gone! Your crazy you know that? Your absolutely, certifiably insane.
                Helen: That was pretty cool.
                Will: Cool? Yeah! That was like James Bond Die Hard cool.

With this last one, I loved the smug look on Helen's face. Think that made me laugh as much as the exchange between the two.

Also, I loved the fact that even though it took such a horrible shared experience to get it out of her, sharing with Will the real reason why she didnt want him going to Iceland for the conference was very touching. Kudos for Ashely not being forgotten too.

Comment

i know climbing the cables wouldn't have been fun or easy....but when it's that or treading water until you drown????
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed the episode

The scorpion made me jump, which was fun.

I enjoyed the ongoing conflict between Will and Magnus, it was really clear right from the start that she just didn't want him to go and I was beginning to think she was just being a pain, but the reasoning behind it was brilliant. I am glad Ashley's death is still a theme running through, they're doing the character justice.

The mental image of Henry and the Big Guy surfing...heeee

Titantic reference, cool, I always assumed she was around the titanic action (how could she not be, the boat was record breaking and innovative), but on it is a nice element, especially having Magnus pulled out of the water. I wonder what she was doing as the boat went down that meant she didn't get to a life boat (I know lots of people didn't, but I imagine Magnus would have had to make the effort not to be in one).

Throw back to Pavor Nocturnus, also cool.

There were a few continuity errors that I noticed, which is rare for me so they must have been quite biggies.

I wish Robin would stop doing that thing with his lower jaw though, it's distracting.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

I'm not really into monster stories.. especially one with a giant scorpion -- sea version or otherwise. I did think that maybe the squid or octopus (whatever it was) might try to communicate with Helen on a peaceful level, but that seemed to get nixed, too.

Both Helen and Will in wetsuits.. nice outfits!

Really enjoyed the Titanic part too.
                      Yeah, I was wondering how the Titanic was going to figure into this series. I'm guessing there still might be more about the Titanic maybe at a later, far into the future season/ep date.

Umm.... Olaf... just.... NO.... seriously.

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
                      ...and Druitt's more handsomeLOL
                      definitely Druitt looks better in appearance, but he still is --perhaps a reformed version, tho-- "Jack the Ripper"

Originally posted by badwolfSG View Post
                      P.S. How can the big guy go sufing with being noticed?

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                      My first thought was, Bigfoot on a surfboard !! Must have been a private beach!!
                      Oh, I was thinking he's Bigfoot.. so his pic might end up making it into the tabloids as a bizarre creature sighting..

Comment

Surprised to see this episode so popular (I guess it's will in a wetsuit that makes it work; someone better tell wardrobe to ditch non-wetsuit clothing then?), felt like filler to me.
                        So, how does both Henry and Big get to go on vacation, while Will gets stuck running the store? And then to add insult to injury, Helen was going to Germany for a little Bavarian Hook-up! I get that she is still grieveing Ash, and she probably deserves it, but it just seemed pretty unfair.

Comment

The episode was good, obviously leading into something i hope with a little more depth. overall i enjoyed it. The banter between Will and Helen was great. Titanic reference was a bit ehh, but oh well. loved Loved Loved the fact that it was Ashely's birthday, Bit pissy at will for not noticing tho. Germany booty call!!!!

i may have laughed at her choice of man, but still, its nice to see that she actaully has a bit of a life outside of the sanctuary. Amanda looked STUNNING in that flashback scene tho. Loved the fact that Henery and the big Guy went surfing in Tasmania XD.

overall i give the episode a 8/10
                          sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Adding my two cents...

I thought this was a bit of a let down after Veritas. A bit slow, and yes even a little boring.

April 14, 1912 [cue squee]

Molly Brown pulled me out of the water and into a life raft. [cue squee]

I'm a Titanic-geek and references to that ship make me all warm and fuzzy. And to that dramatic night....

So Helen was on board the Titanic, and if she had to be hauled out of the water, probably not as a first class passenger, but more likely as a second class passenger. Most of the first class passengers survived without much contact with the actual water.
                            Atlantic water is freezing, especially the place where the Titanic went under. This water must have felt like tropic sea water in comparison. A walk in the park...

Can we have some flashbacks to the Titanic please?

Other fun facts that made me giggle:

* the designation on the helicopter is NOX17J - reference to SG1 perhaps?
                            * Hello beastie! - definite reference to Captain Jack Sparrow greeting the Kraken

Dressing up for a video-chat - Olaf must be something special.

Next Tuesday - that's not a good title for an episode where in the last 5 minutes the title is explained as Ashley's birthday. I thought it meant they wouldn't have to count on rescue until next Tuesday or something along those lines. Makes no sense.

And we will never know how exactly they got out of there...
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              maybe the lack of 'how will we get out of this' harkens back to Kush. remember in that crash, ash found them and sent help, but that won't happen now so they're on their own.
                              I'm an xfiles fan so I grew up on the "we dont explain everything".
                              Dont need it, most of the time dont like it.
                              Who knows they might mention it in a future ep.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              i know climbing the cables wouldn't have been fun or easy....but when it's that or treading water until you drown????
                              Well after they lost the chopper lol

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Adding my two cents...

I thought this was a bit of a let down after Veritas. A bit slow, and yes even a little boring.

April 14, 1912 [cue squee]

Molly Brown pulled me out of the water and into a life raft. [cue squee]

I'm a Titanic-geek and references to that ship make me all warm and fuzzy. And to that dramatic night....

So Helen was on board the Titanic, and if she had to be hauled out of the water, probably not as a first class passenger, but more likely as a second class passenger. Most of the first class passengers survived without much contact with the actual water.
                                Atlantic water is freezing, especially the place where the Titanic went under. This water must have felt like tropic sea water in comparison. A walk in the park...

Can we have some flashbacks to the Titanic please?
                                I think she was 1st class. She has the money. I was thinking more like she refused to get on a boat or was helping the 3rd class passengers.

But a better question:
                                Was she alone?

Comment

Working...
                                X