Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could meet anyone from history...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you could meet anyone from history...

helen has had the opportunity to meet so many people throughout history (from scientists, to political figures to one of the beatles)...

i was curious as to who everyone would have liked to have met from history themselves and why...

this could be anyone from as far back as ancient times to more modern times... it can be someone from any walk of life... ive even known people to answer with grandparents who died before they were born...

EDIT: would helen have been able to meet any of these people and if so under what circumstances...

for me it would be anne frank... her story is such a touching and tragic one... for a young women stuck in such a terrible situation she lived life for what it was and refused to let it get her down... her strength was admirable and her determination to have as normal a life as possible under the circumstances inspiring...
    Last edited by katjoy; 16 November 2009, 11:34 PM.
    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

OH! nice thread. Gene Roddenberry!... Or maybe not... I may die of a heart attack if i did... so maybe not.. haha.

OHH!!! And Don S Davis!

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm good question

I'd like to meet Queen Victoria and Boudiccia ( i hope i spelt that right ) two very strong women
      sigpic
      (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I really don't who I would to meet... maybe Tesla =P
        But I know who I wouldn't like to meet is... Jack the Ripper.... XD

Comment

I would say Jack the Ripper, but he would more than likely get knife happy so... No.

My favorite person in history is Queen Cleopatra. I admire this woman for what she did to save her country, to keep it's independence for so long.
          sigpic

Comment

OOh very good question. So many people I would love to meet. Will have to think about that one for a bit!!!
            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Heh, I might choose Jack the Ripper just to find out who it was. Assuming I was allowed to bring a gun for the meeting, or course.

But if I had anyone to choose from, I think I'd want to pick someone who died without knowing the positive impact they had on the world. Make the meeting more about letting them know what their accomplishments mean, rather than just meeting someone interesting. Can't really pick a specific person just yet though.

Comment

So, many people I would have like to meet for many different reason... It's kinda are to choice just one?...

Jess James come to mind or Billy the Kid... I've heard a lot about did on the history channel or what they might have done. I want to hear the true out of their own mouth.
                sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

I think I'd really love to have met Gene L. Coon. He worked on Star Trek too, but he was definitely the lesser-known of the two Genes. Actually he didn't get half the credit he deserved--he created the Klingons, the Gorn, and the Horta, as well as Zefram Cochrane, and practically ran himself into the ground working on that show, but no one really recognized his achievements! I always enjoy his episodes (even Spock's Brain ), but unfortunately he died back in the '70s. So I'd love to have met him
                  Last edited by Teal'c_PI; 19 November 2009, 09:15 AM.
                  sigpic
                  ~the guitarists~

Comment

why is this thread in the sanctuary forum? it has *nothing* to do with sanctuary...
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Well, it could have been inspired by the fact that Nicola Tesla, Watson/Holmes and Jack the Ripper are in the show. It's still somewhat off topic, but not entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        why is this thread in the sanctuary forum? it has *nothing* to do with sanctuary...
                        actually it is sanctuary related... while it is not directly related to an episode or character the topic of historical figures is one that sanctuary deals with...

we have seen and heard about a number of people that helen has met in her lifetime...

i posted this topic here because i thought as fans of sanctuary it might be interesting to discuss who we would like to have meet ourselves...

and so far people seem to like the idea...

EDIT: clearly sanctuary has got people thinking it would be interesting to actually meet these historical figures... people can even talk about who they would like to see on the show as another dimension to the discussion...
                        Last edited by katjoy; 16 November 2009, 03:25 AM.
                        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                          actually it is sanctuary related... while it is not directly related to an episode or character the topic of historical figures is one that sanctuary deals with...

we have seen and heard about a number of people that helen has met in her lifetime...

i posted this topic here because i thought as fans of sanctuary it might be interesting to discuss who we would like to have meet ourselves...

and so far people seem to like the idea...
                          I have to agree with Kat... i first thought that it might have been in the wrong board, but then realized that it has a lot to do with sanctuary. Even though not directly linked, putting it anywhere else would seem odd as not every sg fan watches Sanctuary.

Comment

I would personally love to meet Mahatma Gandhi. And I can see Helen helping him with the Indian independence movement, maybe mobilizing the abnormals in India from her Mumbai sanctuary.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                              I would personally love to meet Mahatma Gandhi. And I can see Helen helping him with the Indian independence movement, maybe mobilizing the abnormals in India from her Mumbai sanctuary.
                              That sounds like something she would do.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X