Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a moment there I thought we were in trouble

'For a moment there I thought we were in trouble'

Regarding this quote from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. What do you guys think the significance of this was?

I thought is was a double meaning used by the writers. One the quote refers to an ending that is an open ended tragedy referred to as a Bolivian Army Ending (i.e. the viewers are left to decide for themselves what happens...do they live or die just like in Butch Cassidy). And that is exactly how the episode ends - with the viewer left to decide the outcome. In addition I think Rush says this to indicate that his own fate after stepping through the wormhole is unknown and left for the crew / viewers to think about what happened.

On the contrary it could also be that he actually meant it literally, meaning Rush thought they were in trouble but really he was relieved because he realized they were not. This example may be of further indication that Rush knows more than he letting on (i.e. he knew he would survive through the wormhole and it was caused by a solar flare, possibly even knowing it would send him back in time -- assuming he was able to determine this using the ships computer beforehand)

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
    'For a moment there I thought we were in trouble'

Regarding this quote from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. What do you guys think the significance of this was?

I thought is was a double meaning used by the writers. One the quote refers to an ending that is an open ended tragedy referred to as a Bolivian Army Ending (i.e. the viewers are left to decide for themselves what happens...do they live or die just like in Butch Cassidy). And that is exactly how the episode ends - with the viewer left to decide the outcome. In addition I think Rush says this to indicate that his own fate after stepping through the wormhole is unknown and left for the crew / viewers to think about what happened.

On the contrary it could also be that he actually meant it literally, meaning Rush thought they were in trouble but really he was relieved because he realized they were not. This example may be of further indication that Rush knows more than he letting on (i.e. he knew he would survive through the wormhole and it was caused by a solar flare, possibly even knowing it would send him back in time -- assuming he was able to determine this using the ships computer beforehand)
    You are also forgetting that it was a way to reach out to his mathboy apprentice with a goofy movie quote and both validate Eli's obsessions and show that he is not so different from his mentor, that they speak the same language, but with different dialects (both literally and figuratively).

In reality, it was a very touching sentiment and it shows that Rush really cares way more for Eli than he lets on.

Comment

Neat how they had the Colonel say it but it was really Eli who the situation represented.
      Stargate has done time resets before. I do believe this is the first double time resent - notice how Rush says it twice?
      Also, do they have the first Kino still? Or all those tender moments lost along with the James/Chloe death Eli /Medic memorium scene?
      Damn I'm bad with the character names in this series...
      The initial shock and disappointment in the Atlantis cancellation has faded, but its still looking like more and more of a bad idea.

Comment

yo realize it like they are like commentors on a forum watching the movie and commenting at the same time? Like live stream....

I have no idea where that came from....................

Comment

i want that line to come back from time to time
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyverInSpace View Post
            Also, do they have the first Kino still? Or all those tender moments lost along with the James/Chloe death Eli /Medic memorium scene?
            They are gone.. WE only got the second one imo, the one with Scott telling us what to do.

Comment

Not according to one of the Kinosodes; both Kinos were discovered by the crew of the new timeline.

Comment

I thought it was Rush's way of saying, we're pretty screwed, so let's take the only desperate chance we have.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Not according to one of the Kinosodes; both Kinos were discovered by the crew of the new timeline.
                  Yes, but if you paid close attention, there were really *three* kinos and the other one got lost
                  If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                  Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                    Yes, but if you paid close attention, there were really *three* kinos and the other one got lost
                    Spoiler:

Just kidding..I just wanted to mentally see you going back over the episode to see what you had missed,trying to find the third, lost, kino
                    If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)

Comment

Seriously though guys, For a moment there I thought we were in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
                        That's unlikely since he actually did die. At least the first time he said it - we see him lying dead or unconscious on the ground after Scott throws the Kino through the gate and it was his skull that was later found. So he didn't survive any longer than the rest of the crew and was in just as much trouble as everyone else.

He also died, again, in the new "second" timeline, having received no cure, without knowing that Scott had sent a new timeline-altering message.

Therefore, it's safe to assume that he didn't know anything more than the rest of the team and also had no ulterior motives.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                          Spoiler:

Just kidding..I just wanted to mentally see you going back over the episode to see what you had missed,trying to find the third, lost, kino
                          For a moment there, I thought I had to go back and watch the episode again.

...Eh, I'll do that anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            For a moment there, I thought I had to go back and watch the episode again.
                            Gotcha!

...Eh, I'll do that anyway.
                            Good call, gonna watch it again tonight with my wife

Comment

Which kinosode shows them definitively recovering 2 kinos?

Comment

Working...
                              X