X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favorite female character ...

Hi. It's me, O-Ra the annoying.

anyway, i was thinking during the feminist chat ... who is your favorite female character in a TV show, Drama, Comedy, Movie, or Sitcom? or your favorite actress. she should be based on her influence over men, her power, be it physical or mental, her knowledge and her respect for her self.

here's mine.

TV Drama: Jennifer Garner, ALIAS. cool, funny, influential, must have a vault of wigs ... respect .. except for the Vaughn escapade, what the heck is wrong with Syd. huh???

TV Comedy(Sitcom): definatly Debra on Everybody loves Raymond. she is sooo cool. she's short but she's spunky and tough. my mom describes her when she shouts at raymond as an "angry fairy". Some how, that works.

TV Show (scifi) Amanda Tapping (Carter) and Galyn Gorg (Kendra in Thor's Hammer). Strong, decisive, mental (espceially Kendra), infuelntial and both have respect for themselves.

Movie: (Actress) I dunno ... Angelina Jolie? Jennifer Garner? something between those two. Jolie is strong, (kinda), mental, influencial .. kinda scary, In the characters she plays mostly. in real life, she may be, i dunno.
    Garner ... well, she's Alias, that's enough.

is anybody going to see Elektra?
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Sidney was an extremely good character, but then she went straight to hell in season 3. She went from a strong, independent woman to a crying wreck pittying herself for not having Vaughn. This is what made season 3 a massive failure in my eyes. I just can't see someone changing that drasticly that fast. She forgot how to do everything and just went on about Vaughn.

However I must say my favorite female character (excluding Lya since we dont know much about her) is Chiana from FarScape.
    That was a very interesting character and she still remains one of my all-time favorites. She didn't think sex was taboo and wasn't afraid of talking about it she had a very relaxed attitude towards life but she was also very insecure regarding other areas and she reminded me of a part I see in many young girls today.

Comment

My favorite female character on a tv show is Lorelai Gilmore. Vibrant, alive, able to drum into her daughter that her getting pregnant at 16 was a mistake, without ever giving her the impression that she was a mistake. Which is a thin line to balance on.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Oooh Lorelai is wonderful! Didn't even think about her... Shame on me.

River from Firefly is also one of the most interesting females that I can remember.

Tara too!

Comment

gosh well for
          TV Drama: its Jennifer Garner, ALIAS. gotta love syd

TV Comedy well i like Debra on Everybody loves Raymond. also Peg bundy off of Married with children she was funn.

TV Show (scifi) Teryl Rothery (fraiser) really miss her

Movie: well i like so many so i can't really choose but i liked Sigourney weaver in Alien and the village
          Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

love Sigourney and Teyrl. i noticed that Alien added to the suspense by having almost no soundtrack. deathly silent to really make us jump out of our boots.

anyone notice?
            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

yeah i did now thats a good scary movie
              Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

Whether it's the episode of Affinity or her role in Smallvill, I think each of Erica Durance's characters were well written and well acted. But as they say, that is JMHO.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I really liked the character of Dana Scully on XFiles. (Before the whole pregnant-by-? thing, that is.) She was intelligent, strong... and yet flawed. The character learned to relax throughout the series, let down her guard a bit. It was interesting to watch.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                    Sidney was an extremely good character, but then she went straight to hell in season 3. She went from a strong, independent woman to a crying wreck pittying herself for not having Vaughn. This is what made season 3 a massive failure in my eyes. I just can't see someone changing that drasticly that fast. She forgot how to do everything and just went on about Vaughn.
                    So true.

Comment

Originally posted by debskec
                      I really liked the character of Dana Scully on XFiles. (Before the whole pregnant-by-? thing, that is.) She was intelligent, strong... and yet flawed. The character learned to relax throughout the series, let down her guard a bit. It was interesting to watch.

Just my two cents.
                      Well, Scully is fun to watch - and make fun of. Did anyone notice that spiritual things kept happening to her and she'd try to find the 'logical explanation." ?

Annoying.

Whatever happened to Gillian .... and David for that matter.
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Wasn't Scully a Catholic? She was opposed to supernatural stuff, like aliens and monsters, but there was one episode where she was the believer and Mulder was the skeptic, because it involved religious issues.

Anyway, I think Gillian Anderson has been involved in theater work. And, David Ducovny has small parts in movies. He's playing Julianne Moore's husband in some upcoming film.
                        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

i guess my tops would be....Amanda Tapping, Jennifer Garner (she's dreaaaaamy), Gina Bellman and Tamzin Outhwaite.

Gillian Anderson was great back in the day. Marina Sirtis (Troi on ST:TNG) really bothered me for the first 4 seasons or so.....she just seamed so pathetically useless....breasts in a jumpsuit.....but once they gave her a bit real Star Fleet training, a uniform and turned her characater into something a bit deeper than "i feel something but i don't know what, from where or why" she kinda grew on me....
                          Thanks!
                          Jordan

my page
                          My LJ
                          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                            Wasn't Scully a Catholic? She was opposed to supernatural stuff, like aliens and monsters, but there was one episode where she was the believer and Mulder was the skeptic, because it involved religious issues.

Anyway, I think Gillian Anderson has been involved in theater work. And, David Ducovny has small parts in movies. He's playing Julianne Moore's husband in some upcoming film.
                            Yeah, i remember that. It seems that when she's the "spooky" one, he gets all philosophical and scientific.

Still. most of the time until Mulder was away, Scully was the average scientific nincompoop.
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                              Marina Sirtis (Troi on ST:TNG) really bothered me for the first 4 seasons or so.....she just seamed so pathetically useless....breasts in a jumpsuit.....but once they gave her a bit real Star Fleet training, a uniform and turned her characater into something a bit deeper than "i feel something but i don't know what, from where or why" she kinda grew on me....
                              She was Bill Clinton in Space: I Feel your pain

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X