No announcement yet.

Monthly Farscape Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, who is picking up the monthly comics regularly? I know I am, and so far, am loving them.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I am. I think they are getting better as well, like they are getting more comfortable with the format.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
        I am. I think they are getting better as well, like they are getting more comfortable with the format.
        I really like where they seem to be heading right now. How about you?
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          So, who is picking up the monthly comics regularly? I know I am, and so far, am loving them.
          I want to, but I've decided to wait till the trades come out. Hopefully the will start issuing those sometime in the second half of the year...if they do them.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
            I want to, but I've decided to wait till the trades come out. Hopefully the will start issuing those sometime in the second half of the year...if they do them.
            In that case, hopefully they do release those for you.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I have not yet read any of the Farscape comics. I've been reluctant to pick them up as I've never been big on reading fan fictions or novels based on a series (like those released for Stargate). I remember giving them a try and reading a sample from one of the first releases and I couldn't get into it at all. I kept trying to picture how it would be like in live action. For me, some things are meant to be on TV as a live series and reading a comic is just not the same. I really love the show but do not feel drawn to these at all. I have my fingers crossed for the webisodes though!

Just out of curiosity how are people finding them? Are they a good read? Do the comics pick up after the events in PKW or are they different storylines?
              sigpic

Comment

The ones I've read had good story (the first bunch picks up right after PKW), but, IMHO, the art could have been much better. (I've been spoiled by stuff made by the likes of Chris Moeller)

I think the comics do a decent enough job of continuing the story (still NOT a REAL substitute for more live action stuff, of course), since I think the creators/writers involved are the same folks behind the series.
                sigpic

Comment

The comics are considered canon - part of the Farscape series. Anything that is done in the future will take these comics into consideration just like they were episodes of the show.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The new D'argo issue comes out today. I'm getting it, but I think it may be my last and I'll stick to the ongoing regular only. It's a bit cost prohibitive.

Comment

The new D'argo issue comes out today. I'm getting it, but I think it may be my last and I'll stick to the ongoing regular only. It's a bit cost prohibitive.
                      That is the most important one IMO. You have to do what you have to do. Believe me, I totally understand.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeah, it's not that it'd be impossible to afford, I just have a bit of a collectors problem and need to stop that, I fear more series will come out and then I'll feel like I have to get them

Comment

Yeah, it's not that it'd be impossible to afford, I just have a bit of a collectors problem and need to stop that, I fear more series will come out and then I'll feel like I have to get them
                          I totally get what you mean. Believe me, my friend. I have a similar issue.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

10 Page preview for the new Farscape Scorpius series:

http://blog.boom-studios.net/2010/02...-page-preview/

Man I wish I had the bank for these. I like the reversal from the series going on here.

Comment

Thanks.

I'm still hoping they will bundle the ongoing in a tpb/HC. Course if I held out long enough they might do an omnibus. I dropped the couple of series (including Farscape) I was reading several months ago.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

I think that's the plan: each 'arc' is around 4 comics-long, which are then collected (I've only seen Hardcover, tho'). I think the same will be the case w/ the 'ongoing' series.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X