Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe: A character designed to be killed off?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chloe: A character designed to be killed off?

Right...before anyone gets me wrong, I like chloe. She's sort of your traditional over whelmed damsel in distress type who is also very sweet and attractive. However they seem to make a big deal out of the fact that she's not really got anything to do on the ship. Everything about her actually seems to be designed to generate maximum sympathy while not being critical for the mission. Now it's possible that they'll give her something to do later on. In fact I'm sure of it.

However.......something dawned on me........and I'm hoping it's dawned on the writers to cos as much as I like chloe it would just make good sense in the show to kill her off. Possibly at the end of the season. This would allow for much character development for Scott, Eli and any other characters she gets close to.

In the end I like the whole Scott/Chloe thing. It's a proper romance in stargate as opposed to their usual skirting around the issue shippiness. But this means that in the end they have to keep shaking things up in order for the characters to stay fresh. Now obviously they could do this by having angst going on between the two......but in the end this would just get annoying after a while.......so the most obvious option is to kill chloe and show the crew going through all the pains involved. Esspecially if it entails Scott going a tad bit darkside.........
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

as I see it eli represents the typical male "you" on the show and chloe represents the typical female "you" on the show because they are the most prominent civilians (the characters the audience can most closely identify with, can most easily understand)

so that diminishes her chances of getting killed off; it couldn't be a very flashy death in any case because as you say she has no qualifications, she wouldn't die in the line of battle but rather how the base shrink (zaglmeyer) died in SGA

I'm also willing to bet that chloe will reinvent herself as the diplomatic liason of destiny, given her political background and I'm guessing her college/university studies will have been in the field of politics or similar skill set
    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

In Stargate (SG1 and SGA) everyone has been trained with vital aspects that make them unique the show and essential. And with SGU Chloe is the one person who has no vital aspects to the show. She is currently useless. I think the whole point is not nesscarrily to kill her off but to show how everyone has useful talents. Some are just more buried then others
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate
        In Stargate (SG1 and SGA) everyone has been trained with vital aspects that make them unique the show and essential. And with SGU Chloe is the one person who has no vital aspects to the show. She is currently useless. I think the whole point is not nesscarrily to kill her off but to show how everyone has useful talents. Some are just more buried then others
        So far i think Chloe is making herself useless. She could choose to work with Wray, or ask one of the engineers scientists if she can watch them work, and if they have time teach her something. She could ask T.J. to give her some basic medical training. Instead so far all she has done is have hysterics everytime she sees Rush, follow Eli around without apparently pcking up anything ffom what he is doing, and banging Scott.

I am really hoping that the whole point of the character is to have someone with no initially useful skills find out she can be useful afterall. But the way they established the character so far i find it doubtfull. Chloe would not just have to grow , but actually undergo a change in her basic personality.

So yes i agree that it might be ideal to have Chloe usefullness be in the way she influences the other characters. Killing her off might then be her biggest contribution to the plot, because of the way her death would effect the other characters, in particular Eli and Scott.
        sigpic

Comment

No she won't get killed/die. The doctor gets killed/dies It's always the doctor

Doctor Jackson
          Doctor Frasier
          Doctor Weir
          Doctor Carson

hmmmm I see a pattern emerging

Oh and Doctor Heightmeyer (sorry little Lemming)

So the moral of the story is if you don't want to get killed/die don't be a doctor
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

Doctor Jackson
            Doctor Frasier
            Doctor Weir
            Doctor Carson

So the moral of the story is if you don't want to get killed/die don't be a doctor
            Somehow I think the quota of soldiers dying is higher
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78
              I'm sure Scott would beg to differ about Chloe having useful talents.
              I expect that kind of gutter talk from Linda but I thought you were more civilized
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                However.......something dawned on me........and I'm hoping it's dawned on the writers to cos as much as I like chloe it would just make good sense in the show to kill her off.
                I quote Joseph Mallozzi:

"While he is all for constructive criticism, he apparently takes exception when fans start labeling characters “whores” or suggesting the producers should consider killing off certain characters, especially when its common knowledge that the actors playing said characters check out the blog. And not only the actors, but their immediate family as well."

"Also realize – if it hasn’t become apparent by now – that we love our cast and are very protective of them. Trust me when I say that there’s no better way to guarantee a character’s long and fruitful stay on a show than to insist we get rid of them."

So if you think it would be good for whatever reason to kill Chloe, you should praise her, write how nice and useful she is and how sad you would be if she dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

Doctor Jackson
                  Doctor Frasier
                  Doctor Weir
                  Doctor Carson

Hey! I don't want Doctor Rush to get killed!

Seriously, I considered the destination of Chloe's character. She just IS there and all. Why?

I know that they are wrong people, blah blah, but civillians cannot just wander after Rush & millitary and do a background. They must be designed for somethings and you made me wonder "why Chloe" and "for what Chloe".
                  sigpic

Comment

If Chloe will be killed the show would stay with just one major woman (T.J.). However SG-1 series was with only Carter / I mean the most important woman/

I know we have also Camille and Vanessa James but..hmm
                    sigpic
                    sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I expect that kind of gutter talk from Linda but I thought you were more civilized
                      I'm from NY, remember. Hmm thats' weird I went to edit my post and accidently deleted it, oh well.
                      sigpic

Comment

Extremely unlikely.

Of all the Stargate main cast she is by far the most unique, being the first civilian not there based on intelligence or any useful skill, but just a regular person. Her character is designed to go from rock bottom to a productive member of the Destiny society, IMHO.

Comment

I think Chole is safe simply because she has no present skills. I'd think characters with useful skills would be in much larger danger of being killed off because it would increase the drama. If Yound died their would be a power vaccum. If TJ died their would be a medical crisis. If Rush died the Destiny would fall apart. If Eli died the crew would lose all hope without their comic relief. If Scott died the ship would have no heroic protagonist to save them.

If any of them died there would be serious ramifications, if Chole died Scott might cry for five minutes and that would be it. Until Chole becomes a character where her death would cause ship wide problems that endanger the entire crew she's safe. Her character shields are at maximum.
                          sigpic
                          Doci of the BAG

Comment

Somehow I think the quota of soldiers dying is higher
                            Aye but they were redshirts Most of the doctors were regulars or main recurring

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
                            If Chloe will be killed the show would stay with just one major woman (T.J.). However SG-1 series was with only Carter / I mean the most important woman/

I know we have also Camille and Vanessa James but..hmm
                            And SGA had......*counts on fingers* No major women

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                            I think Chole is safe simply because she has no present skills. I'd think characters with useful skills would be in much larger danger of being killed off because it would increase the drama. If Yound died their would be a power vaccum. If TJ died their would be a medical crisis. If Rush died the Destiny would fall apart. If Eli died the crew would lose all hope without their comic relief. If Scott died the ship would have no heroic protagonist to save them.

If any of them died there would be serious ramifications, if Chole died Scott might cry for five minutes and that would be it. Until Chole becomes a character where her death would cause ship wide problems that endanger the entire crew she's safe. Her character shields are at maximum.
                            Chloe is safe because she isn't a doctor
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              Right...before anyone gets me wrong, I like chloe. She's sort of your traditional over whelmed damsel in distress type who is also very sweet and attractive. However they seem to make a big deal out of the fact that she's not really got anything to do on the ship.
                              I agree with everything but the damsel in distress attribution. I don't find her to be helpless, just useless...at the moment. I'm hoping she steps into her own more and more as the episodes go by.

In fact, you say they make a big deal out of her uselessness thus far...and I am almost certain this is intentional. They're setting her up for some really awesome development.

Or...perhaps just a totally random death...but I'm hoping not.

In the end I like the whole Scott/Chloe thing. It's a proper romance in stargate as opposed to their usual skirting around the issue shippiness. But this means that in the end they have to keep shaking things up in order for the characters to stay fresh. Now obviously they could do this by having angst going on between the two......but in the end this would just get annoying after a while
                              I also don't agree that she needs to die to disrupt the Scott/Chloe thing. They could very easily be driven apart by any number of things (some good, some annoying ), and I would not at all be opposed to seeing them (for example) split up by the end of the season for one reason or another.

Of course, it's the actual reason that would be the clincher

Interesting idea overall, though. I'm glad to see someone actually discussing Chloe in a way that isn't outright bashing. In the end, though, I don't quite think she's designed to be killed off...but who knows what TPTB have in store
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X