Destiny's weapon systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny's weapon systems

Going through the screencaptures of Water I saw next to the first shuttle something that looked like weapons. That thing with the three pipes, which looked like muzzles. (gateworld gallery - picture 266 of 1179) Did anyone notice?

I mean, we know that the Ancients clearly were no aggressive race, but they had ways of defending themselves. And the drones seem to be one of their later inventions. So when they started Destiny they had to install something kind of weaponry to defend itself. Maybe not intentionally against any hostile race but perhaps against any kind of space debris? Destiny is quite a big ship, which makes it kind of hard to stop it from one second to the other, or simply evade some rocks that are too big to just bounce of the shields.
    Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
    Jack: "What?"
    Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
    Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
    Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
    - - - - -
    Knight Rider S01E11
    KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
    - - - - -
    Eureka S03E12
    Bismarck: This is madness.
    Fargo: This is Eureka!

yep those are indeed cannons, i saw em at the very beginning of air during that first flyby.

my theory is that what it fires is the precursor to the drone, same power but without the mental control.

we'll see though

Comment

yes, there are used
      Spoiler:
      in the next episode

Comment

Really? Cool! Thanks for the information. Although I tried to avoid reading spoilers, I couldn't resist!
        Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
        Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
        Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
        Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
        - - - - -
        Knight Rider S01E11
        KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
        - - - - -
        Eureka S03E12
        Bismarck: This is madness.
        Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

Just in case anyone was wondering what we're talking about...

Comment

They're some big guns, hope they pack a punch.

Comment

there are plenty on the sides aswell.

i see one shuttle is missing on the left.

Comment

The ancients prepared the ship for a fight out there then, i wonder if there is any ammunition for them or has it all been used previously.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm also wondering if there is priority level weapon or main cannon. So far I've only seen those turret like cannon system's. That's a pretty massive ship and I would hope there's an "ace up its own sleeve."

Comment

My hypothesis perhaps they use energy as opposed to actual ammunition like the drones. You gotta think if something is designed to be in space for millions of years and explore the last thing you want to happen is for the ammo to run out. Since they can recharge energy through the different stars it would hence recharge their ammo.

Comment

The weapons and shielding must be effective. It's a sure bet they've been attacked thousands of times considering now long they've been out.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        Just in case anyone was wondering what we're talking about...

Oh cool. I never noticed those before! They look so retro! If this was BSG I'd have to say stay out of the Destiny's firing solution.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                          The weapons and shielding must be effective. It's a sure bet they've been attacked thousands of times considering now long they've been out.
                          Yeah, Destiny has definitely seen some action in her day.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Yeah, Destiny has definitely seen some action in her day.
                            All several trillion of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianD View Post
                              My hypothesis perhaps they use energy as opposed to actual ammunition like the drones. You gotta think if something is designed to be in space for millions of years and explore the last thing you want to happen is for the ammo to run out. Since they can recharge energy through the different stars it would hence recharge their ammo.
                              That sounds like it would make sence. Another of the problems with having a drone ammo is you would have to maintain the drones. You would have to only maintain the gun and not many other things if you just use energy.
                              Aftermath RP
                              Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
                              Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
                              SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
                              Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

Working...
                              X