TJ's Bad Water Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJ's Bad Water Decision

It was great to see Tamara to finally see some action. One week ago she was quitting the army, now she's the leader on a lost ship.

But one thing that irk me was the atrocious decision made by TJ about keeping the presence of the desert alien secret. There was no point to it. Those people are Stargate personal so they all know about the existence of alien life form. They probably have been briefed about many of them encountered by the Stargate program, since you never know. She even could have tell the people it was the "friendly" desert alien who possibly helped Scott. Then tell the people that if they see those particles aliens, tell her and take no action.

There was no upside at all at her decision to not tell crew. If there is, I can't see any.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

An alien enity that will kill you if provoked. If she told everyone that I can see anarachy occuring
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

...you'd want to tell a bunch of sleep-deprived and frightened (and probably panicked by their impending loss of all drinkable water) civilians and soldiers that there is a possibly-hostile alien entity onboard the ship that has just killed a fully armed and armored soldier without any trouble at all?

...I'd say that would be the bad decision, personally.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Those people are Stargate personal. They all know about alien. You just tell them the truth. That those are probably the friendly aliens from the desert planet. If somebody see them to tell her. By keeping it a secret, some people will see them then truly panick.

I know its easy to be an armchair critic, but at the very moment she made that decision I knew it was a bad one. There's just no upside to it. Not at all. Now we keep the alien presence on the Destiny ship secret. You think its how it should work. How dumb?
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Revealing the alien to everyone would cause alot of panic...I support TJ's decision.

Comment

A couple weeks ago, some crewmembers who thought they knew better than the people in charge walked through a Stargate and never came back, despite being notified of potential danger.

We can call that an isolated incident, but then Chloe and James both left their quarters after being told to stay there because of a situation aboard ship.

Think how many more people could do even more ridiculous things if they were told of strange aliens running around. Particularly after we saw how freaked Eli was, and how he needed to be shut up about it multiple times so people could solve the problem. Not to mention how vocally unhappy Franklin & Friends had been acting as of late.

They didn't need that kind of headache when they already had 2 issues (not including Spencer's idiocy) to deal with already.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              Revealing the alien to everyone would cause alot of panic...I support TJ's decision.
              So from now on we keep secret the presence of alien on the ship? It just doesn't make sense. And those people wouldn't panic since they are Stargate personel. But could panic if they come face to face with one and weren't warned before. Bad decision. They should have been warned with the appropriate don't panic but tell us message.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                Think how many more people could do even more ridiculous things if they were told of strange aliens running around. Particularly after we saw how freaked Eli was, and how he needed to be shut up about it multiple times so people could solve the problem. Not to mention how vocally unhappy Franklin & Friends had been acting as of late.
                Eli is the only person on the ship which didn't know alien even existed just a few days before. All the other are Stargate scientists and soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                  Eli is the only person on the ship which didn't know alien even existed just a few days before. All the other are Stargate scientists and soldiers.
                  You kind of just ignored all the evidence I just gave you of other people doing stupid things even though they were ordered not to, and notified of the risks involve, and paying with their health and/or lives.

It's not like these are perfect SG personnel with decades of in-field experience. Many of them didn't expect to even step through the gate at all, except in small bursts. This was a massive mind-frak, and we've been shown over and over again how some people in this crew fumble through tough situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                    You kind of just ignored all the evidence I just gave you of other people doing stupid things even though they were ordered not to, and notified of the risks involve, and paying with their health and/or lives.
                    Still I think theres more chance of them panicking if they see a "friendly" aliens they didn't know about than if they were prevented beforehand. At least, if you see them you know what to do. Sure you can always disregard orders, but yeah that makes you stupid and not TJ's problem. TJ could say:"I told you they were inoffensive and to prevent me if you saw them. Now you're dead"

I can't fathom the idea that for now on the presence of aliens on the ship will be kept secret.

Comment

If Col. Young had said that there were aliens on board and explain the situation, I think the crew would behave appropriately

but if TJ were to do the same thing, after being in command for only several hours, I think that many people make a fuss out of it, trying to demand answers since they trust TJ less than they trust Young.

so to me, concealing the facts was the better decision
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Keeping it a secret was the best thing. The last thing people need to know about is an alien going around the ship that has the potential to kill you. People would panic at the slightest unexplained noise or freak out at the whole being able to kill you thing.

When it came to Col. Young, it was definitely the best thing to do. He had two important things to worry about, keeping Scott alive and getting him back, plus the collection of ice and being able to bring it back too. He couldn't be expected to do save Scott, retrieve the Ice and do this without wanting to rush back to Destiny to deal with the potential danger these aliens pose.

sigpic

Comment

Bad Water?

Comment

I fully support TJ's decision. If she told everyone, they would all be roaming the ship, curious and thats the last thing they need. She's a Lieutenant in the Air force. She knows the right thing to do. I would have done the same thing if i was TJ.

Comment

It is to create the dichotomy between the military and the civilians; and those in power and those not in power.

The show wouldn't be very much fun if they did everything democratically and solved every problem within a few minutes. So they have to create the two distinct classes: one in power which doesn't know its head from its tail, and one out of power which is treated like useless cargo.

That is what the show is actually about. It supposed to make you reexamine your ideals of society and/or reaffirm your ideals of society.

Comment

Working...
                              X