• Show
Clear All

Rush's Timeline

So we had hundreds of thousands.. now its

"Thousands of years ago when they intended to come here"

Next week hes gonna say....

The ancients were here last week, we just missed them
    67 point(s) total!!!!

I think his understanding of it may simply be misinformation by a factor of 1000.

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
    : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

The timeline thing is really starting to bug me, to be honest. It's one thing to goof up on one or a few episodes, or have characters 'mis-speak' a couple of times, but they're doing it pretty much every single episode.

This needs fixing.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think it's on purpose, any normal person would probably say the same things.. in the moment... some people over ephmisis things, others under emphisis.....
        67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

according to Eli in Kino's webisode, Rush believe the DestinyS' stargate predates every known stargate. Which means is older than 50 millions years
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Yes it does.

Which is why dates, as they've been stated so far on SGU, bother me.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

IMO you're over reacting, people shorten everything they can while speaking...
              Saying the ship is thousands of years old is preety much the same as you'd say "Theres like a thousand people in that room" or "I'd need hundreds of hours to study for that exam". People wont rly say "hundred thousand years" whe nthey can just say "thousands" meaning its alot of them.

Comment

lol you guys. ill quote the simpsons here.

Doug: [wearing a T-shirt that says "Genius at Work"] Hi. A question for Miss Bellamy. In episode 2F09 when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.
                i think perhaps you are being a little bit too finicky. when they find a time machine, and they need exact dates, then maybe this'll be important. but until then...
                Spoiler:

Comment

It's....kind of important. They keep talking about the ship malfunctioning and falling apart because it's so old, but they keep mis-stating its age. Repeatedly calling it "hundreds of thousands of years old" and even "almost a million years old" is just....wrong. And it kind of betrays the entire point of the ship problems so far.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    It's....kind of important. They keep talking about the ship malfunctioning and falling apart because it's so old, but they keep mis-stating its age. Repeatedly calling it "hundreds of thousands of years old" and even "almost a million years old" is just....wrong. And it kind of betrays the entire point of the ship problems so far.
                    I dont think the major point of stating its age is the establish a timeline but to help explain why the ship is so busted

like seriously, i would expect the ship to have a lot of problems even if it was only a couple thousand years old. so really if the ship was anything from 2000 years old to 1 million years old, I would accept its current condition. its not like im going to say

"the ship is 132,000 years old. no way the air locks would have degraded to that state in that amount of time. it would take at least another 200 years before that started to occur"

the writers dont seem to have a problem with it so why should we?
                    Spoiler:

Comment

I don't know, maybe the 15 years of show I've watched before starting this means I expect at least a little consistency?

Comment

Originally posted by Brain_Child View Post

the writers dont seem to have a problem with it so why should we?
                        I agree I think some are to technical of the show. Lets remember that it is on the Science FICTION channel.
                        sigpic

Comment

The Destiny is over 9000 years old lol. We know that

But I think that Rush and everyone are misspeaking with the dates: I know lots of people who mix up 'millenia' and 'million years'. Precision isn't necessary except for things like archeology when we're talking about this kind of timescale.
                          Why are Stargate scientists so awesome?

Comment

ive heard people say they are dead tired....there not really dead, its just a saying. even simple words can be misinterpreted like saying 'that happened AGES ago' and it was last year.

im pretty sure rush just assumed they should have been there around the end of the lantean period. and im pretty sure that british and scotish people say hundreds of thousnads when it refers to millions

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              I don't know, maybe the 15 years of show I've watched before starting this means I expect at least a little consistency?
                              I'm with you. As much as I like the series, every time I hear "thousands" it's like hearing fingernails on a blackboard. I just wish they'd correct it.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Working...
                              X