Any score at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any score at all?

The title is self-explanatory mostly. Were there any of Goldsmith's scores in this episode at all? Usually there are several times during the episodes where the score is really noticeable. Did anyone else notice the lack of music?

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Honestly,

I didn't really notice. Maybe that was the effect they were going for. Cold Gloomy Ice Planet and crazy alien creatures running around the ship made the no music thing kind of work for this one. While overall the episode wasn't extremely interesting, it did seem pretty well put together as far as the way it was done. That's just my take on it.

- CB
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
    Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

i don't notice the music till i rewatch the ep i'm to busy focusing on the plot and characters
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I thought I did hear some music.....oh well.

Comment

There was music, I noticed it when Scott was stuck in the crevasse right before the earthquake happened. In general, it was either pretty subtle or not there.
          Why are Stargate scientists so awesome?

Comment

i'm 11 mins into the second airing music playing while the floating kino baord is being brought tio young
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yeah, the lack a music was to create suspense which I think they did well... I have been enjoying the music alot because its not in your face...The score is very well done. I can hear elements from Atlantis and SG1 in there too...

Comment

Um... I don't usually notice the score at all, but there was one part in this episode (can't remember the exact scene, but it was a scene on the Destiny, not on the planet) where I remember actually noticing the music and thinking how great it sounded. So I know there was music in it.
                Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

There was music, but it was a lot more subtle this week.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                    The title is self-explanatory mostly. Were there any of Goldsmith's scores in this episode at all? Usually there are several times during the episodes where the score is really noticeable. Did anyone else notice the lack of music?
                    I too noticed the lack of music. Music music not only sets the tone it also leads emotional reaction to a future scene. Unfortunately there is very little music on SGU. Music also builds memories--- think SG1 Star Trek Twilight Zone Star Wars to name a few.

We can only hope for some music.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlan View Post
                      There was music, but it was a lot more subtle this week.
                      'xactly. There was some tense, little alien-hunting music with Greer and his little torch, some good stuff with Young trying to get Scott out, and I think there was a piece at the end, among others.

Not exactly Light's scale, but still cool.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

For any gamers out there, the score from SGU is starting to sound more and more like the score from Mass Effect. I think it fits the mood and style of the show exceptionally

Comment

Originally posted by stargator87 View Post
                          For any gamers out there, the score from SGU is starting to sound more and more like the score from Mass Effect. I think it fits the mood and style of the show exceptionally
                          I agree. I just began to play the game again and I do see some similarities. Not a bad thing at all.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Working...
                          X