This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaffa as Goa'uld host?

Don't know if this has been covered before , but what happens if a Goauld were to take over a Jaffa? Would the little snake in its belly be expelled a la Alien style? can it even take over the Jaffa as a host?

( like if the original hosts body were to be injured and the choice was dying or jumping into the Jaffa..)

Yeah, good question. There's a blank in my mind right now because if this HAS been addressed on the show or by the official word of the writers, then I haven't seen the episode or read the interview.

Hey, come to think about it... I wonder if more than one Goa'uld could take control a host? Like two Goa'ulds are better (worse!?) than one ?

Do Goa'uld themselves have perfect health with the symbiote wrapped around the spine and into the brain of the host? (Apart from the sarcophagus thing.)
    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

It has been covered in a few episodes, though the only one I can remember right now is "1969". A Goa'uld cannot take over a Jaffa that still has a primta. However, Teal'c said in "1969" that if his symbiote matured, it would take over his body. So a jaffa can be a host, but only if he has no symbiote.
      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

AFAIK a goa'uld can't take a Jaffa as a host I think it has something to do with physiology. That's why goa'uld have human (and not a Jaffa) servents because it's handy to have a potential host around if they need one. (Summit/Last Stand)
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for me BCM And also, in that one episode where Teal'c fights off with a leader of rebel Jaffa, it turned out he wasn't a Jaffa, but a Goa'uld. I think that the Goa'uld don't have the big X's in their stomach, while the Jaffa do?
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I think they all have the big X on them for the symbiote to be removed if needed
            __

__

Comment

Yeah the big X would kind of ruin the "perfection" of the body for some Goa'uld who are particularly vain.

uknesvuinng, based on what you said, it seems to imply then that a symbiote either in the pouch or wrapped around the spine -- either way! -- will grant the benefits of health and all that, right? I guess it makes sense looking at other examples like Jacob Carter. Hmmm.

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                I think they all have the big X on them for the symbiote to be removed if needed
                So your saying even the To'kra/Goa'uld have the big X?

In that episode, To'kra part 2 where Selmak transferred into Jacob, the symbiote went from and through a mouth. Is that a only 'To'kra' thing to do?

Comment

If memory serves me correctly, Tok'ra choose the mouth because they find making a scar through the back of the body to be distatesful and a sign of "forced entry".

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                    If memory serves me correctly, Tok'ra choose the mouth because they find making a scar through the back of the body to be distatesful and a sign of "forced entry".
                    I meant when leaving the body

Comment

Oh, good question.

Well... hmmm if a host ceases to be useful to a Goa'uld, it prolly wouldn't care a whole lot and would exit the body the most convenient way available -- especially if it was during a heated battle or something. I don't know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                        Oh, good question.

Well... hmmm if a host ceases to be useful to a Goa'uld, it prolly wouldn't care a whole lot and would exit the body the most convenient way available -- especially if it was during a heated battle or something. I don't know for sure.
                        The whole thing gives me a headache.

Comment

Only Jaffa have the 'X' on the body because they are basically just living incubators

Goa'uld enter through the back of the neck, usually, probably because it's easier to surprise a person from behind and force their way in.

Tok'ra enter through the mouth because they feel that the back of the neck is "forced entry" and it doesn't leave an ugly scar.

as for leaving the body, AFAIK goa'uld and tok'ra will leave the easiest way posible, which I would normally assume to be the mouth because the goa'uld/tok'ra would be able to see who is infront of/around them right before they "detached" from the host.

Of course I could be wrong on some of those points
                          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                            AFAIK goa'uld and tok'ra...
                            I understood and agree with your whole post, but this caught my attention. What exactly is AFAIK? Is it... 'As far as i know' ? I just want to make sure

Comment

Yes, that's what it stands for!

Comment

Working...
                              X