The Real Ghostbusters (509)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Real Ghostbusters (509)

it’s a supernatural convention! — super fan becky (guest star emily perkins) uses chuck’s (guest star chuck benedict) phone to trick sam (jared padalecki) and dean (jensen ackles) into attending a supernatural fan convention, complete with fans dressed up as sam and dean. One of the activities is a live action role playing game, but things quickly turn sour after a real ghost appears on the scene. Jim conway directed the episode with teleplay by eric kripke and story by nancy weiner (509).

Post viewing discussion only
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 15 November 2009, 01:46 AM.

Great episode, again! This show continues to amaze me. What did you guys think?

Also, did you see the preview for the mid-season finale? Next week's episode is going to be huge.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Great episode, funny and still important to the story.
      I missed the promo for next week *goes off to watch it*
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
        Great episode, funny and still important to the story.
        I missed the promo for next week *goes off to watch it*
        This show continually amazes me with how well they pull that off.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

ok so im a little mad right now...i didnt get to see the epsiode cuz aparently both the cw and cbs needed to air the niner game tonight however insated of airing supernatural at 9....they showed vamp diaries....im angry....very angry....

Comment

I have to say that was an awesome episode. Funny, yet moved the plot along, especially with Becky's revelation about the Colt.
            sigpic
            Awesome sig by Laura
            "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R

The randomess that is me
            Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

Comment

i agree great ep i loved how the guys tryed to imitate the way Sam and Dean talk. also loved that German guy "Sam and Dean always seem to have there weapons knocked out of there hands should they not put them on some sort of bungee" rofl i hope next week we see them with utility belts.

also loved Chucks last comment its not jumping the shark if you never come down
              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
              sigpic

Comment

Another good episode.

I had almost forgotten about the Colt with all the other stuff going on. Glad TPTB are better with continuity than I am. *smacks self in head*

Hard to believe that it's coming up on Episode 10 already. Since this is the first season I'm watching on a weekly basis (didn't have the CW here until a few months ago)....what happens? Do they go on a few weeks' break, do they rerun the first 10, is the show not on at all?

IHS
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
                  i agree great ep i loved how the guys tryed to imitate the way Sam and Dean talk. also loved that German guy "Sam and Dean always seem to have there weapons knocked out of there hands should they not put them on some sort of bungee" rofl i hope next week we see them with utility belts.

also loved Chucks last comment its not jumping the shark if you never come down
                  OMG that was supposed to be German? I recognized that he was having some kind of accent but I couldn't quite figure out which one it was. I am not really sure that the actor is German, though. But now I know what Becky meant with "Fritz" *g*

About the ep: It was a little bit too much mocking about conventions at first, including "Sam and Dean just standing there and looking around in disbelief" but then it was great!

I liked how Sam and Dean mirrored the actions of the LARPers, especially the thing with the EMF, and how the fake ones grew into their roles, ending in telling Dean a story. That was great!

Poor Sammy now has to live without Becky, I hope he will survive this loss *cough*. Also: "We have guns and we we will find you." Hilarious!

So now we know that the lead to the gun has always been there, maybe the boys really should read the books to get a hint or two (as well the scripts Chuck hasn't published yet).

One thing that bothered me: why aren't they working closer with Chuck? Obvious answer: because the series would be boring when there is some guy around who is able to tell the future, but hey, he is a prophet. Use him!
                  The cake is a lie!

Comment

Love Supernatural's humour, love Supernatural's humour, love Supernatural's humour.....that said....I feel like we are running out of episodes (especially since there is still no word on whether or not this is the last season). As much as I enjoy these filler episodes (because 'filler' on Supernatural is better than 99% of other shows' non-filler episodes), I am ready to get back to the season's story arc. Unlike a lot of you, I don't feel like this episode DID do much to move the story along with the exception of the last minute revelation about the Colt.

But as I said, this is Supernatural humour we are talking about here, meaning it WAS fantastic. So I thought this week I would just do a rundown of the funny, highlighting why every other tv producer needs to start watching this show to understand what funny is:

-The Impalas. That should be every one they have. From what I understand, they have three complete Impalas and one that has been cut apart to get cameras into (I am assuming that was the one in the background). I thought that was great seeing them all lined up like that.

-"Oh, uh...Becky, right?" Sam is just so sweet how he handles her over the top obsession with him throughout. What a nice guy!

-"See what?" "OMG, I love it when they talk at the same time." This made me laugh out loud because I am so guilty of this. I loved it when Jack and Daniel did it in SG-1, and I adore it when Sam and Dean do this. It's just so cute.

-The Supernatural merchandise. I have always ALWAYS had a sense of humour about how crazy fans are, even though I am one myself. (I have the Supernatural travel mugs! ). It doesn't bother me at all to see myself and my obsessions made fun of when it is being done by someone else who you know loves the show (all those involved in making the show). Especially when they are just as willing to make fun of themselves, which Supernatural does.

-Panel: Frightened Little Boy, the secret life of Dean Winchester.

-The Q&A. I have been to a couple SG-1 conventions now, and this was so on the nose. Especially Fritz with his "Follow up question." It bugs me to no end at the conventions how everyone tries to sneak in more than one question this way.

-Also good: Chuck chugging his water, the look on Sam's and Dean's faces when Chuck is asked where he got the idea (like "Yeah, Chuck. Go ahead and tell them. Where did you get the idea?"). And the bungee cord thing since in the In the Beginning commentary Eric Kripke said Jared and Jensen keep asking him that.

-Yellow-eyed Cooler. I've heard Supernatural conventions have Purple Nurples, if they don't have this drink as well, they should!

-Becky flirting with Sam again when they confront Chuck is a little obnoxious, but I still love how kind Sam is about putting up with her.

-The 'hunt', complete with notes in "Dad's Journal". How perfectly cheesy. And the "You guys are SO going to win!"

-"Yeah this can not get any weirder"...Enter 'Sam' and Dean' using the lowest growli-est voices they can manage, "Dad said, he said I may have to kill you." "Kill me? What the hell does that mean?" "I. Don't. Know." Taking such a monumental conversation of theirs and totally turning it on its ear by showing how ridiculous that dialogue would sound if spoken by 'real' people.

-"The EMF's going nuts." The guy is by himself!! And it's a paper box!! And he is still talking about it like it's real!! Hilarious.

-Too funny how 'Miss Gore' blows off Dean and his tacky pick up line...until she turns and sees him. I think I would accept any bad pick-up line myself coming from someone that genetically blessed!

-"Number one? Stay in character. If it's just me, I look stupid." Yeah, because THAT'S why you look stupid!

-"Dean." "What? They're freakin' annoying." Dean was ready to pull his gun on them! Hee hee.

-Rufus and Bobby. LOL

-Ok one point away from the funny. I thought it was really interesting to watch Sam and Dean reactions when they watch 'Sam' and 'Dean' have their Asylum argument. I'm glad they put the original scene in the 'Then' part to remind everyone, that was a very serious scene. And you can see it in the look on Sam's and Dean's faces that it STILL affects them. I thought this was Jensen's best scene of this episode: "Why would you want to be these guys? I think the Dean and Sam story sucks. It is not fun, it is not entertaining. It is a river of crap that would send most people howling to the nuthouse." That was years worth of emotion coming out and was well placed because imagine if even 1/10 of this stuff that has happened to them happened to someone for real. Then imagine watching a roomful of people take your pain and play it out for fun. How awful!...Back to the funny.

-"Good luck with the Supernatural books. And screw you very much."

-From Fritz, "How original. Supernatural bringing you more creepy children." I've been starting to feel this way myself. They are starting to go that well a little too much lately with the 'kids are scary'. It's why I was so happy that Jesse WASN'T evil. Made for a nice change.

-Question: Sam asks how they are going to get out to burn the bones because they don't even have their guns. What did Dean do with the one he almost pulled on 'Dean' earlier?

-ALMOST my favourite line of the ep, it was narrowly beaten by one later: "Just give her the puppy-dog thing, ok?" EVERYONE in fanfic talks about Sam giving people the puppy-dog look, but this is the first time that it has been said on the show. LMAO!!

-Continuing the STD theme of the season, "There's really no such thing as a Croatoan virus for...down there. Um, you really should see a doctor." Poor Chuck!

-Dean so sweet and reassuring, "I'm right here, sweetheart. I got your back. Trust me, this is going to work." What's so funny is when he pulls back and shrugs showing he has no clue this is going to work.

-Another non-humourous break, it's just too cool not to mention. When Dean comes into the room behind 'Miss Gore', tells her to run, and then does his Hero Stance with the fireplace poker, like "Bring it on!" *swoon*

-Two great nods to tv cheats: 1) "OMG, Supernatural makes digging graves seem so easy." and 2) "How come Dean can always light the stupid thing on the first freakin' try?!"

-NOW my favourite line of the episode, delivered by Sam, "No, not really. We have guns and we'll find you." I'm telling you, Jared has absolutely brought his comedic timing up to Jensen's level the past couple of years.

-The last bits with Chuck writing to Nancy McKeon, Sam and Dean slitting their throat and the gun to the head...and the Jump the Shark comment. That was so freakin' hilarious!! And so true. Each time, they've Jumped the Shark, they just seem to go further and further with it, so they really never have come down! But to paraphrase Dean, the difference is, "They've always known their freaks." And we accept them, and these 'freaky episodes' because we wouldn't want them any other way!

Last note on next week's trailer:
                    Spoiler:
                    OH. MY. LORD!!!! I actually was mostly so excited for last night's episode just because I wanted so badly to see the trailer for this next one. And I wasn't disappointed. Dramatic much? Daaang!! And for me (as I Tweeted last night), there is NOTHING hotter than a shot of Dean holding that Colt!

Comment

I loved the part with the Colt at the end. I also love how Chuck had no idea about his own book. And how the boys got the entire story wrong and caused more problems. And I now have another favorite quote from the series: "we have guns and we will find you".
                      http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

I have to say, even for a filler episode, they do it well. I liked last weeks (S5 E8) too as they put main storyline plots in but on the minor side and gradually make the episodes count in the long run. I loved the multiple Dean's and Sam's this week, mostly bored boring b******s but it took one Dean to convince the other that our Dean has the better life. Touching and a perfect moment showing Dean realising that he does have it all: excitement, a brother who'd die for him and a brother he'd die for. Very awesome. And we're back to the Colt, that's been bugging me!!

Did anyone else notice that our Dean was the only one not wearing his pendant?
                        Poor Chuck:

Originally posted by flameling
                        And I now have another favorite quote from the series: "we have guns and we will find you".
                        I loved that, I don't blame them. The books would annoy anyone!

x
                        sigpic

Comment

It was a fun little filler episode. I enjoyed it. Bring on next week's ep!
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

I enjoyed the episode, and LOL at the way the portrayed some of the fans and their antics (so Not!Sam and Not!Dean are a couple? LMAO) - but something seemed to be a bit off. I was really looking forward to see the boys face some real ghosts again, and I thought the twist of making it worse by torching the ghost of the headmistress was great, but somehow the way it was done didn't feel right. Dean sending a civilian to draw out the ghosts, and not a word of protest from Sam? Three p!ssed of evil ghost kids with sharp implements, and they can't even put a scratch on either of the two weaponless Winchesters?

Maybe I'm overanalyzing, and the reason may be that I wish they had aired this episode at a different time. To lighten the mood after a particularly dramatic episode maybe. Following directly after Changing Channels was a too much hilariousness in a row for me.

sigpic
                            Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                              Maybe I'm overanalyzing, and the reason may be that I wish they had aired this episode at a different time. To lighten the mood after a particularly dramatic episode maybe. Following directly after Changing Channels was a too much hilariousness in a row for me.
                              Same here and it points out a problem I have with this season so far: there is nothing wrong with the funny episodes themselves, but there are just a tad too many and I'd like to see more progression on the main storyline, more than just a hint here or there.
                              The cake is a lie!

Comment

Working...
                              X