The Real Ghostbusters (509)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
    Same here and it points out a problem I have with this season so far: there is nothing wrong with the funny episodes themselves, but there are just a tad too many and I'd like to see more progression on the main storyline, more than just a hint here or there.
    Totally agree. I'm very grateful to the writers that their Apocalypse is not only fire and brimstone and battles and casualties, and that they put their own wicked spin on things. But I'd like it to be a little more balanced. As much as I love to see the boys in hilarious situations, I'd like some angst and drama in between as well. Which we will probably get in spades during the second half of the season, so in the end there will be enough balance. It just doesn't seem so at this point.

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Everyone’s already mentioned most of the great things in this ep so I’ll try not to repeat them.

Apart from being really funny, and a good old fashioned ghost hunt, I reckoned this ep moved everything along very nicely. The first time it seem like a bit of a humorous filler ep but interestingly on a re-watch I saw it differently.

For me it was mostly about Dean and showing him coming to terms with his life and the on going repair of his relationship with Sam. I’d hate for their relationship to just go back to where it was without any events happening to change their views and behaviour, especially Dean’s. He seems to have the most issues to overcome. And of course the revelation about The Colt.

Even though right from the start Dean was really agitated by the whole Convention thing, much more than Sam I reckon, and hated that his life was under the microscope, with all his anger and bitterness coming out, but by the end he was seeing his life in a different light. Aren't fans wonderful

Seeing him leaning on the Impala at the end and Sam asking him if he was OK and he replied with such a relaxed smile. “I’m think I’m good” …With those few words and that look I think that was the first time this season we’ve seen him look genuinely happy. They then get in the Impala with the sun shining, being happy about having a genuine lead on The Colt and driving off to …probable death and destruction. Loved the contrast.

Sam did his usual stuff and loved his restrained reactions to Becky.

Loved and laughed when Becky looked at Chuck as he came over all heroic as he slayed the ghost boy with the bed warmer. Thank god we now don't have to put up with all that fangirling from her anymore.

Loved the other final scene with her, especially the violins playing as she said her piece to Sam and he replied. “I’ll just have to find a way to keep living.”

There should be an award for both Jared and Jensen for their facial expressions in that whole ep. Wonderful job.

Also loved the conversation about the weapons being attached to a bungee cord and we later see the poker fly out of Sam’s hand and slide across the floor. I'd only the previous day listened to the Kripke commentary on the season 4 DVD about that as well.

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
      I enjoyed the episode, and LOL at the way the portrayed some of the fans and their antics (so Not!Sam and Not!Dean are a couple? LMAO) - but something seemed to be a bit off. I was really looking forward to see the boys face some real ghosts again, and I thought the twist of making it worse by torching the ghost of the headmistress was great, but somehow the way it was done didn't feel right. Dean sending a civilian to draw out the ghosts, and not a word of protest from Sam?
      That bit seemed OK to me...Dean never shirks from making difficult decisions and he was only a few short steps away..

Three p!ssed of evil ghost kids with sharp implements, and they can't even put a scratch on either of the two weaponless Winchesters?
      Oh yes..totally agree...that's disappointing..they could have given us a little something. but not the scalping

Originally posted by flameling View Post
      I loved the part with the Colt at the end. I also love how Chuck had no idea about his own book. And how the boys got the entire story wrong and caused more problems. And I now have another favorite quote from the series: "we have guns and we will find you".
      Loved that....and somehow seemed more final coming from Sam.
      Last edited by LizzieAnne; 16 November 2009, 04:16 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post

Loved that....and somehow seemed more final coming from Sam.
        I hadn't thought of that, but it's true. We are used to Dean constantly spouting threats, but having it come so calmly, cooly, and matter-of-fact from Sam made it that much funnier. You believe he would really come after Chuck, and so Chuck instantly backs down.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
          I hadn't thought of that, but it's true. We are used to Dean constantly spouting threats, but having it come so calmly, cooly, and matter-of-fact from Sam made it that much funnier. You believe he would really come after Chuck, and so Chuck instantly backs down.
          I laughed hysterically when Sam said that to Chuck. I could not believe I heard him say that. Great line.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post

-ALMOST my favourite line of the ep, it was narrowly beaten by one later: "Just give her the puppy-dog thing, ok?" EVERYONE in fanfic talks about Sam giving people the puppy-dog look, but this is the first time that it has been said on the show. LMAO!!
            I can't contain my geeky self any longer
            Dean's said that line about Sam's puppy dog look before... in the cafe in The Scarecrow.

Originally posted by Epideme View Post
            Did anyone else notice that our Dean was the only one not wearing his pendant?

x
            Has Cas given it back yet?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
              I can't contain my geeky self any longer
              Dean's said that line about Sam's puppy dog look before... in the cafe in The Scarecrow.

Missed that! I'll have to go listen now!

Has Cas given it back yet?

No. When I read Epideme's post, I thought I had missed that, too! So I ran right to the DVR to check. Dean still doesn't have his back yet.

Comment

Working...
              X