TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young Impact/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young Impact/Speculation/Discussion

A thread to discuss the relationship between Col. Everett Young and Lt. Tamara Johansen, or TJ. Will they be friends, lovers, or maybe even something else/more? How will this affect SGU? What will the impact be on SGU? How will it happen? What happened in the past between them? What will come to happen between them?

Info:
    Tamara Johansen

Everett Young

SPOILERS!
    Video of TJ and Young kissing?!. 2:10

Also, Louis Ferreira, on the subject:
    http://sky1.sky.com/stargate-univers...eira-interview SPOILERS

Please don't turn this into a pro-ship against anti-ship thread? Head over to the C&R folder for that. I want to hear you POV.

So what do you think will happen? How? How do you think it will affect SGU?

Also, what do you think was their previous relationship? What happened between them in the past? Why did TJ want to quit the military? Was it because of what happened between her and Young?

Also, Alaina Huffman, the actress who portrays TJ, is pregnant.

GW News:
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/1...n-is-pregnant/

GW Forum Thread:
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/1...n-is-pregnant/

Could it be that this will become Young's child in the series? You think that is why TJ wanted to leave? Or?

There has already been much speculation and discussion on the Young/TJ relationship. Friends? Lovers? Affair? One time? What do you think?

ETA: To be perfectly clear this is not a ship or appreciation thread, nor is it the opposite. This thread is open for all opinions and POVs!
    Last edited by Jper; 25 April 2010, 11:54 AM.
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

I'm hoping it doesn't happen.

The obvious fraternization issue
    Nothing between Young and his wife indicated anything about an affair being the cause of the troubles
    Nothing that TJ said indicated anything with Young was the reason for her leaving.
    So far they've had a professional relationship on the Destiny

Maybe I'm in denial for the spoilers but I really hope it's nothing
    If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
    Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Until I see it in the episode anything is up for grabs. Words can be misleading and the same can be said for trailers especially if you factor in the stones. Is this a possibility of happening? Sure but I take nothing to chance until the episode airs
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I think one of them will die. Probably Young who has a brain tumor or something.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
          I'm hoping it doesn't happen.

The obvious fraternization issue
          Yeah. The fraternization issue. Forgot to mention that. That would make it extra interesting IMO, if something did or will happen.

Nothing that TJ said indicated anything with Young was the reason for her leaving.
          Although Camille Wray, the IOA representative did ask who she was protecting and she did also ask if Young knew about it.

FLASHBACK. Johansen is in I.O.A. representative Camile Wray's office.

WRAY: Does Colonel Young know about this?

JOHANSEN: He knows.

WRAY: Two weeks ago you told me that this was the best experience of your life. Something must have happened.

JOHANSEN: The scholarship came in. I-I guess I've just been too afraid to admit what I really want.

(Camile snorts.)

WRAY: Well, you didn't tell me you had even applied.

JOHANSEN: There's nothing else going on. You know I'd tell you.

WRAY: Unless you were protecting someone.

JOHANSEN: I'm not. Like I said, I just hadn't made up my mind.

THE PRESENT. Johansen looks across to Camile who is sitting nearby. They share a concerned look, then Johansen looks back at the unconscious colonel.
          Also from Darkness:

CORRIDOR. Camile Wray trots down the corridor to catch up with Young.

WRAY: Colonel.

YOUNG: Thought we were done.

WRAY: There's still dozens of human resources issues we need to talk about.

YOUNG: Pick one.

WRAY: The matter of Lieutenant Johansen resigning her commission.

YOUNG: Consider her reactivated.

WRAY: Well, I don't know if that's up to ...

YOUNG (interrupting): Up to me? Yeah, it is. We need a medic.

WRAY: I don't even know why she resigned in the first place.

YOUNG: Well, it's none of my business.
          So far they've had a professional relationship on the Destiny.
          Yeah that is true.

Maybe I'm in denial for the spoilers but I really hope it's nothing.
          It could still go either way I guess.

So that was me playing the Devil's advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Until I see it in the episode anything is up for grabs. Words can be misleading and the same can be said for trailers especially if you factor in the stones. Is this a possibility of happening? Sure but I take nothing to chance until the episode airs
            However, don't the clothes mismatch if they would be using the stones?

You (general) think that the scene in the promo of TJ and Young kissing could be a flashback then?

Originally posted by sblade View Post
            I think one of them will die. Probably Young who has a brain tumor or something.
            So you think him collapsing indicates he has a brain tumor?
            Also I thought Young was in the finale for SGU S1.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
              However, don't the clothes mismatch if they would be using the stones?

You (general) think that the scene in the promo of TJ and Young kissing could be a flashback then?
              That is a possibilty. Or maybe someone is occupying Young or TJ's body. Especially with science fiction the possibility. Look its entirely possible that its exactaly what it says it is but experence has taught me that you have to second guess everything. The context is totally unknown so who knows the reason behind those shots
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I wonder which episode the kiss is from. I'm thinking maybe "Earth".

Anyone knows? Care to guess?

Comment

I hope they don't write this as romance cause quite frankly I don't trust these PTB to write it properly. I hope and pray to anyone who will listen that they do not write the pregnancy into the show. They have proven they are incapable of writing that into the show (IMO)

I'm interested to know why TJ was leaving but I hope it had nothing to do with an inappropriate relationship with Young

As for the teaser trailer. Well it isn't very clear, like Jel said, it could be a body swap of some kind and it's not actually them kissing but someone else in one or the others body, we won't know till it airs I guess.

And the interview with Louis Ferreira, well it's not the first time someone has come out and said something about something that was going to happen in the show just to mess with us And with his sense of humour it's hard to tell if he was joking or not
                  sigpic

Comment

While they almost made it obvious there was something between TJ and Young in the pilot. Afterward I began to think it wouldn't happen since Young was married. The only thing that seem to bother his wife at that moment was the fact that he was never there. Which only make her a loving wife. "I love you, be there" doesn't seem to be much to ask.

Thats why the promo with TJ and Young kissing surprised me. If it has happened in the past and is the reason why Tamara wanted to leave the Stargate program. Then its surprising for what I just said about Young being married. But would explain why she try to protect him.

Theres also a good chance its going to happen on the Destiny since Young's wife just practically left him on the Darkness episode. So its a set up..."Young is free" the author are telling us.

Theres always the slight possibility that the kiss is actually a stone trickery. With different consciousness inhabiting the body. But I wouldn't' think so.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Well, I'll speculate that Young having an affair (I'm willing to bet on TJ) is what killed his marriage...

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        Well, I'll speculate that Young having an affair (I'm willing to bet on TJ) is what killed his marriage...
                        What I thought, and speculating. However, I'm not entirely convinced and feel myself looking for other explanations more and more these days.

Comment

A 'history' between TJ and Young could explain how she's always able to figure out when Telford has body-napped him and how she knows when he's come back to himself before either man speaks. It takes some pretty accurate body-reading skills to do that...

... and with this entry, I think I've just thrown my hat into the 'shipper ring. And I'd been holding out so well so far.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Yeah that's true. Forgot about that too. TJ does seem to have that ability.
                            I wonder if TPTB have learned from the past and are now going the way of subtle clues to nicely build up towards a relationship, which they will then establish realistically at the right time and then continue it the same way. That would certainly be "refreshing".

Comment

I still don't have faith that these guys can write romance into the show and write it properly. They have a lot to prove on that front IMO. And I question their ability to write it without it turning, ridiculous, juvenile or just plain bad
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X