Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 45613 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 263

Thread: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

  1. #41
    Captain doylefan22's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    A cupboard in McKay's lab, waiting for the best moment to pounce on him...
    Posts
    1,040

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    Quote Originally Posted by MissCheerfully View Post
    If I remember well, in latin 'Pavor' means 'fear' or 'dread' and 'nocturnus', easy, it's 'Noctural', so that's give something like 'Nocturnal Fear', so I agree with Siles who said the title was a bit of a give-away.
    I think it's the Latin name for night terrors so I was assuming a nightmares type thing - although that could mean several things. It could have been pointing to a vision/terrible nightmare, could have been referring to it being Helen's worst nightmare.

    Interesting to speculate whether it was a proper future vision or whether it was a worst case scenario. Was the creature showing her what would definitely happen, or what could happen if she took it?
    by Kaaatie

  2. #42
    Colonel suse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Woof!!
    Posts
    6,403

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    When he said "We had a child."
    I was like WTF?! And then "Kate and I." And I'm like oh thank GOD!
    And then WTF?! Kate?!

    Me too.

    Then I though about them losing so much. I tend to think the child was an accident, born out of grief. Wanted though. What a great name. Did anyone catch the middle name?

    suse
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!


  3. #43
    Second Lieutenant WishIwasJoes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Santuary
    Posts
    399

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    Quote Originally Posted by MissCheerfully View Post
    OMGOMGOMGOMG!! A Will/Kate child????? WTF!
    How could they could have got together? Nubbins tribe???!

    Anyway, this episode, is my favorite of all! It was just awesome, and wow... just the beginning was breathtaking Oo ....I was hoping more Helen/Will stuff... and not expecting.... well what we learned... about Kate.
    I am not a huge Helen/Will ship because of the age difference and the mentor factor just makes it too cheesy. However I though it would be cool if Ashley and Will started to like eachother and see how Helen would react if he did something that made ashley mad. I am guessing that this could have been an Ashley/Will thing. The thought of Kate and him together caused me to throw up a little.

    nubbins tribe!
    http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...ictureid=18469

    O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
    Nothing comes to mind.

  4. #44
    Gunslinger wurlitzer153's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    Location
    Milepost 160.0
    Posts
    5,845

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    Quote Originally Posted by MissCheerfully View Post
    I've heard the podcast, she said it was the hardest thing she never been asked to do...
    Podcast is up already?

    *checks podcast page*

    Yes, yes it is!
    http://www.syfy.com/sanctuary/podcasts.php

  5. #45
    Lieutenant Colonel AtlantisRules!!!'s Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Over a certain... bat-thing?
    Posts
    3,399

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    I hope the Will/Kate thing keeps up But it probably wont as was pointed out.. it was probably out of grief. Him for all of them and her for... Henry? Maybe?

    so... do you think the spirit was foretelling the future... or was making it up to make Helen see what type of thing could happen?
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
    ---


  6. #46
    Captain Amalthea's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sitting in a corner, waiting for the 3rd SG1 movie
    Posts
    1,537

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    I'm with everyone about the shower scene. I can't believe I forgot to mention it in my first post! I think it was the screaming and the fighting that made it so powerful. I mean, of course she'd scream and fight, but because of how Amanda acted it, you could feel Helen's fear. You could feel that she believed they were going to rape her since, in her mind, there was no possible other reason to strip off her clothes like that. I sure believed it- and it was so powerful, I wasn't even thinking "Nah, they won't do that, there must be some other reason." I was totally caught up in what I was watching. Amanda amazes me!

  7. #47
    Second Lieutenant WishIwasJoes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Santuary
    Posts
    399

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    I am all for an actress growing by why is it always with being nude? I am not saying she did a bad job, not at all. I just get tired of telling actors that being naked is a way to grow.

    Omg I laughed at first when I saw will and his hair, but it didn;t last long. I agree that I wanted to know what was up with Tesla in the grand scheme of things.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...ictureid=18469

    O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
    Nothing comes to mind.

  8. #48
    Colonel suse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Woof!!
    Posts
    6,403

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    Quote Originally Posted by doylefan22 View Post
    I think it's the Latin name for night terrors so I was assuming a nightmares type thing - although that could mean several things. It could have been pointing to a vision/terrible nightmare, could have been referring to it being Helen's worst nightmare.

    Interesting to speculate whether it was a proper future vision or whether it was a worst case scenario. Was the creature showing her what would definitely happen, or what could happen if she took it?
    Considering how fast the Aztecs died out, I think it was likely it would happen.

    Such rain! Makes sense, the Earth was now in a nuclear winter. It was at it's end.

    So, was Jessica actually hurt by the creatures or was it her proximity to Helen that turned her? Typical teen with Will though.

    "Were you scared?"
    "Only when I saw your face."


    suse
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!


  9. #49
    Major kes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Location
    O pais das Quinas
    Posts
    2,805

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    Quote Originally Posted by MissCheerfully View Post
    If I remember well, in latin 'Pavor' means 'fear' or 'dread' and 'nocturnus', easy, it's 'Noctural', so that's give something like 'Nocturnal Fear', so I agree with Siles who said the title was a bit of a give-away.
    Quote Originally Posted by siles View Post
    A very good episode, with only two draw-backs:
    1. The title was a bit of a give-away if someone knows what pavor nocturnus is.
    2. This episode should have followed "Eulogy" instead of "Hero" as it would have been much more poignant.
    I think the tittle give as much away as the trailer did.
    Nothing biggie.


    Some post say Helen was trying to kill herself I disagree. She was looking for a cure to her logevity so she could age normally. I dont think thats the same as her trying to kill herself. Specially when a bullet would do that just fine.


    Oh hey Ashley would've been a good name for the kid lol

  10. #50
    Colonel suse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Woof!!
    Posts
    6,403

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    Quote Originally Posted by WishIwasJoes View Post
    I am all for an actress growing by why is it always with being nude? I am not saying she did a bad job, not at all. I just get tired of telling actors that being naked is a way to grow.
    It was very affecting. Can you imagine how scared Helen was? In this case I didn't mind it.

    Amanda knows nudity isn't the way to 'grow'. She doesn't do it. You only see parts of her skin. Yeah, the implication is there, but I seriously doubt the *she* was nude.

    suse
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!


  11. #51
    Shipper
    (Moderator)
    jasminaGo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Ship
    Posts
    23,239

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    Wow... Awesome ep. The washing scene just chilled me to the bone (it just screamed rape at me *shudders*). Great opening sequence. The view of the city crumbled to pieces was very powerful.

    Favorite part was definitely the tie in to Ashley, how the knowledge that Helen's pain was the cause of everything that happened.
    My shipper heart was doing a happy dance when Will said that John killed himself shortly after Helen's death, and the look of shock on her face.
    I'm not usually Will's greatest fan, normally I just find him to be very dull, but he really won me over in this ep. You could see everything that has happened in the world through him.

    The bad part: It was to damn short! This was easily a two part material.


    ~1300 screencaps for the ep (didn't have time to clear out the bad ones)

    204 Pavor Nocturnus.zip
    And just ignore the fact that the file says 204, it should be 205.

  12. #52
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    169

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    I really liked the episode but the fact that Will and Kate fell in love with each other and had a child is such a no-go for me.

    The revalation in the end was really shocking. I've never thought that Helen would be the reason for the whole chaos. And the fact that she was looking for something to shorten her life or to let her age like a normal person because she out lived so many loved ones (espacially Ashley) was sad
    SANCTUARY ROCKS

  13. #53
    Shipper
    (Moderator)
    jasminaGo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Ship
    Posts
    23,239

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetviviane View Post
    I really liked the episode but the fact that Will and Kate fell in love with each other and had a child is such a no-go for me.

    The revalation in the end was really shocking. I've never thought that Helen would be the reason for the whole chaos. And the fact that she was looking for something to shorten her life or to let her age like a normal person because she out lived so many loved ones (espacially Ashley) was sad
    I don't think there was ever any mention of love. I agree with what most said that they turned to each other in time of need, but I doubt it went as deep as love, at most it was convenience and desire. I found that part of the story to be an indicator as to how messed up things really were.

  14. #54
    Captain wkw427's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In a fishbowl on Lantea
    Posts
    1,178

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    IMHO, this was one of the worst episodes of the season. It was just a spoof of ___ of the living dead movies, nothing more.

    The spirit thingy stalking her and making her look at the future would of been just as dumb, the last 5 mins of the episode was just crap. It would of been better if she realized she was ground zero and the zombies obeyed her.. But no, it all turns out to be a dream.

    The only good thing was the dark side of Will..

    3/10 for this episode. kthxbi

  15. #55
    Colonel suse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Woof!!
    Posts
    6,403

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetviviane View Post
    I really liked the episode but the fact that Will and Kate fell in love with each other and had a child is such a no-go for me.
    It was years in the future. They had lost almost everyone. They turned to each other as a port in the storm. It happens.

    suse
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!


  16. #56
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    169

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    On the podcast they mentioned that Kate and Will fell in love with each other and this shows that Kate is actually a cool person.
    SANCTUARY ROCKS

  17. #57
    Major Gem of Tigress's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Warehouse 13
    Posts
    2,064

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    Great eppy! But i have one question, what happened to Tesla?

  18. #58
    First Lieutenant MissCheerfully's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Teslen Thread =P
    Posts
    762

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gem of Tigress View Post
    Great eppy! But i have one question, what happened to Tesla?
    same here, and Declan??? XD
    DTA ~ Devoted to Amanda
    Proud to be a TESLENITE! <3

  19. #59
    Major General jckfan55's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    looking for Magnus
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    It was very affecting. Can you imagine how scared Helen was? In this case I didn't mind it.

    Amanda knows nudity isn't the way to 'grow'. She doesn't do it. You only see parts of her skin. Yeah, the implication is there, but I seriously doubt the *she* was nude.

    suse
    I'm usually the first one to criticize when shows show skin seemingly for the sake of showing skin. Not the case here.

    In this instance, it was part of the story. I think it made the scene gut clenching. It was a horrifying scene--more so than the zombies. The "daring" thing from an acting standpoint was showing Helen's terror, etc. imho.

  20. #60
    Second Lieutenant shel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wait, I'm lost!
    Posts
    251

    Default Re: Pavor Nocturnus (205)

    WOW!!! An amazing ep, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

    But wow, the shower scene was just so powerful. You could almost feel Helen's fear. Amanda gave an incrediable performance here! This scene just terrified me, it was mind-blowing!

    And yeah, when Will said he and Kate had a son, I was like WHATTT?! But since they were basically the only ones left i can sort of see that happening. RD's hair was scary, but the shower scene was for me the scariest IMHO.

    Seriously Amanda should get so many awards for this ep!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •