Changing Channels (508)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Channels (508)

SAM AND DEAN GET STUCK IN TV HELL — The Trickster (guest star Richard Speight Jr) throws Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) into an alternate universe where they are characters in different television series, including a sexy medical show, a Japanese game show, a forensics show and a sitcom. The brothers realize the only way to get out of this world is to play along and become the characters in the shows. However, Castiel (Misha Collins) appears and warns them this universe is dangerous and they must get out before they become trapped. Charles Beeson directed the episode with teleplay by Jeremy Carver

POST VIEWING DISCUSSION ONLY

This one airs tonight. So cue up your reviewing fingers!!!
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

OMG, this episode rocked! After a rough day today, I needed a few good laughs. This episode delivered in spades in that regard. Funny as hell, and it moved the Apocalypse storyline along nicely. I never expected the Trickster to turn out to be a fallen archangel.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

That intro needs to be the official intro for the rest of the season

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
          That intro needs to be the official intro for the rest of the season
          I don't know about that, but it was great.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Spoiler:
            No love for Bobby though. When they made the deal to get Castiel back they could have also gotten Bobby his legs back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQLCZ08sNBA
            Last edited by TheRandomOne; 05 November 2009, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Holy crap! That is the first thing that came to mind when finding out that the Trickster is Gabriel after all. Just whoa! It was interesting seeing an archangel who'd been around humanity a lot and a different view about the situation with the angels. "Sunday dinner" Poor Gabriel, but that doesn't mean he had the right to mess around with people like that, but I guess having left home made him tainted. Though honestly I was expecting that it was Zachariah behind the whole thing, so when it was all revealed, I flailed.
              The episode was funny, Dean's guilty pleasure of watching a day time hospital drama. And then having to play along with all the TV shows. I didn't quite catch though what the question was that they asked Dean during Nutcracker, can someone enlighten me, please?
              sigpic
              Awesome sig by Laura
              "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R

The randomess that is me
              Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

Comment

awesome episode...that is all

Comment

loved the new intro it was so funny the entire ep was perfect can't wait to see Gabriel again i bet next we see him he is helping the brothers.

Originally posted by Salamas View Post
                  I didn't quite catch though what the question was that they asked Dean during Nutcracker, can someone enlighten me, please?
                  not word for word but this is what he asked

If Sam was never born would your mother and father still be alive?
                  Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                  sigpic

Comment

This episode was phenomenal, delivering that perfect balance between laughs and good ol' fashioned mythology. There'll never be a better "grouping" of funny and yet dark episodes then the Trickster/Gabriel trio we've had so far. Thinking back to Mystery Spot upon Gabriel's reveal made that episode a lot better - in that, the Trickster's motivation for isolating Sam from Dean made sense (I love retcons!)

The humour was spectacular, from Sam's spot-on CSI: Miami spoofing, and the Grey's Anatomy stuff was priceless. The earnest Ellen Piccolo's interactions with Sam were brilliant, especially her confession of her love and his reaction.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I think thats all of the major arch-angels so far! I don't know if this is a spoiler or rumor but someone said something about God walking around. It would be interesting to see how they show him if the rumor is true.

Comment

Loved this episode. The Trickster is Gabriel, i so did not see that one coming. I always liked the Trickster, nice to see an angel with a sense of humour.

I must say that the Heavenly family is seriously screwed up. Dad's missing, the two elder brothers are trying to kill each other and Gabriel's gone pagan. I'm wondering about Gabriel's comment that it isn't about a war but about two brothers turning against each other, and that the angels new what was going to happen the moment God "turned on the light". Was Lucifer lying when he said that the reason he fell was because he refused to bow down to mankind? What i got from the whole conversation is that things hadn't been going very well in Heaven even before humanity was created, and maybe even that humanity was created with the purpose of ending this fued.

I'm hoping to see Gabriel again. Dean is right he's taking the easy way out walking away from his familly because he can't stand to see his brothers trying to kill each other.
                        sigpic

Comment

This episode had me rolling. Any catch the herpes medication commercial? That rocked.

I'm not sure how I feel about the retcon of the trickster into Gabriel. I liked the trickster standing on his own, rather than being an archangel messing with people.

It was interesting that the fight between Michael and Lucifer is now being played out between Dean and Sam. But the only difference is humans have free will. I'm wondering when God will show up, the angels make such a big deal about god having disappeared that I would be sorely disappointed if god didn't show up in some fashion.

Comment

Ho-ly. CRAP!! Need time to process the magnificence that is now my favourite episode of the season so far. As usual, won't have computer time over the weekend, but I expect to come back with a post that will challenge the length of my usual ones! ...unless of course you all make my points for me before then and save me the carpal tunnel!

Freakin' brilliant episode. Kripke is a genius.

Comment

This is really just what i think

but i think with what Gabriel was saying about feuding brothers and god the father it made me wonder if they will bring in god and he will look like Sam and Dean's dad
                              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X